JAL may provide F service on NRT-DFW route

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2016, 10:37 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
JAL may provide F service on NRT-DFW route

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2...l-in-dfw.html/

And while the company isn’t looking at adding more flights to Texas at this point, a shift to a larger plane with first-class seating on its existing D/FW to Tokyo route could be in the offing, Onishi told The Dallas Morning News.
So who is losing F service? ORD, SFO or SYD
Old Apr 11, 2016, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak
http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2...l-in-dfw.html/

So who is losing F service? ORD, SFO or SYD
SYD
Old Apr 11, 2016, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
SYD
I am hoping for ORD just to screw those AA redeemers lol
Old Apr 12, 2016, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
When are the A350s starting to join the fleet, and could some of those be used to grow the number of F cabins?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: ANA, JAL, AA
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
When are the A350s starting to join the fleet, and could some of those be used to grow the number of F cabins?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 10:21 am

I am hoping for ORD just to screw those AA redeemers lol
But they'd just switch from ORD to DFW...
Old Apr 12, 2016, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
But they'd just switch from ORD to DFW...
You are assuming there's availability
Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

There is no reason to assume there won't be. It's not as if DFW is a high demand hub like JFK. In any event, most of the AA flyers don't care that much of JL since the latter doesn't do any fancy ads. Americans are marketing driven. For the AA FTers, names like EY or even CX are more attractive, due to advertising. JL is for a selective niche of flyers, most people on FT still chase after CX F as if it's actually some kind of sought after commodity. Let's keep it that way.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Guava
There is no reason to assume there won't be. It's not as if DFW is a high demand hub like JFK. In any event, most of the AA flyers don't care that much of JL since the latter doesn't do any fancy ads. Americans are marketing driven. For the AA FTers, names like EY or even CX are more attractive, due to advertising. JL is for a selective niche of flyers, most people on FT still chase after CX F as if it's actually some kind of sought after commodity. Let's keep it that way.
Heh...I am a (former) AA flyer that definitely sought after JAL over CX. I'll try to keep it quiet
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I am sure the request to have F comes from high up in Toyota. So the executives don't have to slum it in J when going to the new HQ. And hence probably also a fair amount of revenue bookings to be expected. But even so, would the 2 standard seats not be opened?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

I am sure the request to have F comes from high up in Toyota. So the executives don't have to slum it in J when going to the new HQ. And hence probably also a fair amount of revenue bookings to be expected. But even so, would the 2 standard seats not be opened?
It doesn't mean those who have award seats on ORD flights can take whatever being released. There are still lots of people with AA grocery coupons out there
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It doesn't mean those who have award seats on ORD flights can take whatever being released. There are still lots of people with AA grocery coupons out there
Yeah, there may be a few roughed feathers to smooth if the change happens from the winter flight schedule, as ORD F awards are already booked.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, there may be a few roughed feathers to smooth if the change happens from the winter flight schedule, as ORD F awards are already booked.
SFO is possible too given it is suppose to switch to a day time flight. Not sure how JL going to route its SS7 when that happens.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SFO is possible too given it is suppose to switch to a day time flight. Not sure how JL going to route its SS7 when that happens.
There is probably a major reshuffle coming with the daytime slots to the US. A daytime rotation to SFO would probably allow 7 hours to be cut from the turn, so a bit of fleet optimisation.
CGK might be the prime candidate to loose a 77W though.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
I am sure the request to have F comes from high up in Toyota.
This does smell like Toyota is behind this… Toyota is a big corporation in Japan with some muscle to flex in both political and corporate arena in Japan. However, if F on NRT-DFW thing is coming from Toyota then we should be little cautious about actual possibility of JL introducing F on NRT-DFW.

North America headquarter for Toyota is used to be at Los Angeles, or I think Toyota is still in process of relocation to Dallas. I think JL and DL both have tried NGO-LAX but that has been long gone . Only NGO-mainland U.S. route left is by DL NGO-DTW and that is not daily operation. AA has tried NGO-ORD previously.

Although Toyota is a big corporation which brings corporate travel (business class or higher expensive fare) to airlines, but Toyota alone is not enough for airlines to maintain flights. No doubt top executives of Toyota likely do fly international F on their business trips. However, it is not like there will be few top executives of Toyota flying on NRT-DFW every single day to their new North America headquarter at Plano, TX.

If Toyota is behind this F on NRT-DFW thing, then what is realistic likelihood of JL actually install F on NRT-DFW? But on another side, NH has started NRT-IAH with F service. Both Dallas and Houston are big energy/oil destination. If NH can make IAH with F service then JL should able to do DFW with F service?

P.S.
After posted this, I thought some maybe thinking why I was talking about NGO flights? Toyota World Headquarter is located at Toyota city near Nagoya. Hence, airlines thought there is enough business demand on NGO-LAX because Toyota people traveling between their World Headquarter at Nagoya and North America Headquarter at Los Angeles. But it turned out that Toyota alone is not enough for airline to maintain flights between Nagoya and Los Angeles.

Last edited by AlwaysAisle; Apr 13, 2016 at 6:57 pm Reason: Added P.S.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.