Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL will switch to use the QF lounge at HKG from Dec 1 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL will switch to use the QF lounge at HKG from Dec 1 2015

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 3:12 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

Talking about which, will the lounge open earlier now
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:14 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Himeno
It's the same amount of floor space that they had when QF and BA had a joint venture with joint QF/BA lounges in HKG, SIN and BKK and when QF had more flights though HKG, including flights to/from PER, ADL and LHR. Now, QF only has 25 flights/week to HKG (soon to be 28) from MEL, SYD and BNE.

A number of other airlines contract to use the lounge. The QF flights are in HKG in the late afternoon/evening. The lounge is open almost all day (0930-2330), the HKG lounge is open longer then the SIN lounge where QF has more flights.
Actually it opens from 0730 to 0015
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
When you have access to the F lounge, the Wing or the Pier is better than QF. But the QF lounge is worth a visit for sure. Maybe a bit of lounge hopping?
Since the Wing F seems to be just inside immigration, it would be a lot closer to the gate without backtracking, than the Pier F. So I'll check out the Wing first.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by JALPak
Actually it opens from 0730 to 0015
Then QF hasn't changed the times on their website...
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Himeno
A number of other airlines contract to use the lounge. The QF flights are in HKG in the late afternoon/evening. The lounge is open almost all day (0930-2330), the HKG lounge is open longer then the SIN lounge where QF has more flights.
Was wondering all this time why they open so early when all their flights are later. That explains it.

Agree with previous poster that food is better in the QF lounge compared to CX J lounge.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I'm a OWE flying HKG-NRT(business)-LAX(JAL F) TODAY! I'll let you know my experience as I will leave for the airport shortly. Anybody know what time the JAL ticket counters open in HKG? My flight leaves ~10:30AM. Thanks.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
I'm a OWE flying HKG-NRT(business)-LAX(JAL F) TODAY! I'll let you know my experience as I will leave for the airport shortly. Anybody know what time the JAL ticket counters open in HKG? My flight leaves ~10:30AM. Thanks.
Should be around 07:30
Old Dec 2, 2015, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by JALPak
Should be around 07:30
I'll be on that same HKG-NRT 10:30am flight next month, connecting to AA First NRT-DFW. Do they have 3 ticket windows:

* First
* Business
* Economy

As OW Emerald (AA EXP) would I be able to use First window? Or would I be able to use First Window as JL Business connecting to AA First?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
I'll be on that same HKG-NRT 10:30am flight next month, connecting to AA First NRT-DFW. Do they have 3 ticket windows:

* First
* Business
* Economy

As OW Emerald (AA EXP) would I be able to use First window? Or would I be able to use First Window as JL Business connecting to AA First?
Only Business and Economy counters are available at HKG
Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Ok, sitting in the AA Flagship Lounge now after just having done HKG-NRT-LAX on JAL. As JALPak mentioned above, only Business or Economy counter are available at the "G" pier at check-in. I checked in around 8:30AM for the 10:30AM flight. I was greeted by a very friendly agent, who directed me to the Qantas Lounge, complete with a map showing how to get there!

I would agree with others' assessments that this lounge is a hybrid of First and Business lounges. It was very quiet when I was there in the morning. The food spread was decent, though not spectacular. The best part of the lounge was the staff -- every single staff member that I made eye contact with smiled and gave me a warm greeting. It is a good 10 minute walk to the JAL gate (at least the gate they used today), so be forewarned of that. If going through the "North" security/immigration check-points, the lounge is IMMEDIATELY to the right.

I would obviously say the Pier is a step above, but this is a nice option if you don't want to make the trek all the way there.

Now, can we discuss the ANCIENT 767 product used on this route...
Old Dec 2, 2015, 2:15 pm

It is a good 10 minute walk to the JAL gate (at least the gate they used today), so be forewarned of that. If going through the "North" security/immigration check-points, the lounge is IMMEDIATELY to the right.
The CX F Wing lounge is directly to the left when exiting immigration. I'll plan to arrive early anyway, and check out QF and then CX F Wing.

With the CX F Wing Champagne bar, I'm so there!
Old Dec 2, 2015, 8:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, JAL Sapphire

Now, can we discuss the ANCIENT 767 product used on this route...

That's what I said!! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan...ld-planes.html
Old Dec 2, 2015, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chihster
Please try to stay on topic on the HKG lounge arrangement. But feel free to continue that discussion in the linked thread Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.