Community
Wiki Posts
Search

is my luggage going to be okay?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Unhappy is my luggage going to be okay?

im flying on american airline which operated by japan airline and my luggage is 23x14x7 but the requirement is 22x14x9. Will my luggage be okay or will they be charge or force to be check in?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:23 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Welcome to FlyerTalk! As your flight is operated by Japan Airlines, we'll move this thread over to the JL forum for the experts there to chime in. Thanks. /JY1024, AAdvantage forum co-moderator
Old Jul 17, 2015, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by bab3_doll96
im flying on american airline which operated by japan airline and my luggage is 23x14x7 but the requirement is 22x14x9. Will my luggage be okay or will they be charge or force to be check in?
JAL is generally not very strict on measuring the carry on. As they only charge for excess luggage, the problem of missing space for carry on is very limited. Also their luggage delivery is excellent, even at many outstations.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
If you are 2 inches under on the one dimension this reduces the odds they would want to measure it. (ie if it looks overstuffed and massive it might get more attention)

You can't 'trade' these dimensions- ie "Yes it is 1" too long, but it is 2" under on the other way so that should count".

The following is 'follow at your own risk'...not for everyone:

Do not ask at check in- just show up at the gate. On some strict carriers Ive checked in while leaving my actual cabin baggage elsewhere....just to avoid having to deal with weighing, etc.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

They hv let mine thru ymmv... A self stacked up boxes to combine as 1 piece that 1 dimension is too long. They measured but didnt care

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.