Wiki Posts
Search

JL or AA NRT to ORD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2015, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UAL, Starwoods
JL or AA NRT to ORD

I used AA miles to book JL from Hanoi to ORD in March, 2016. I have business seats on JL 10 which are the new sky suites. After reading all the comments about the hot JL cabin, I am concerned about that flight as heat affects me. I can take the AA non-stop new Dreamliner instead. It would cost me 150,000 miles for that segment plus 30,000 miles for the Hanoi-NRT segment whereas the entire original booking was 55,000 miles. Also, I would have a 12 hour layover at NRT. I'm not concerned about spending so many miles if necessary as I am more concerned about being miserable on the long flight to ORD. I'm confused as to what to do.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Just flew JL 10 to ORD on July 2. It's not like the cabin is sweltering or anything. I really didn't notice it being particularly hot. I will say that the service and teh sky suites were fantastic. I have flown AA from NRT to DFW in F and the J experience on JL was better. Landing at ORD is also better on JL. There is a separate baggage carousel for J and F luggage and it definitely comes out first.
For the 12 hour layover in NRT, you could get out and see the town of Narita for a bit. There are a number of threads on this site describing that.
I have all my miles on AA but for this I would take JL without hesitation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.