Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL Interline Agreements

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:08 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I am rather amazed at the JFK-NRT-DEL-AUH-LHR routing. It is a slight detour from the most direct JFK LHR options.
I am not surprised by any itinerary on FT any more

It was LAX-NRT on the first segment, if that makes it a bit easier and I've met up with a friend [and had one night] in TYO before continuing.
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jms_uk
I am not surprised by any itinerary on FT any more

It was LAX-NRT on the first segment, if that makes it a bit easier and I've met up with a friend [and had one night] in TYO before continuing.
Not surprised, I know by now that FT members go to long lengths to fly very specific routes for any number of reasons. Still just a bit amazed at putting the route together, even if starting point was LAX rather than JFK.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:38 pm

Does anyone know the current state of JAL's interline agreements? I'm flying JL and QV in separate tickets. Not sure I can through check luggage.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jgchiker
Does anyone know the current state of JAL's interline agreements? I'm flying JL and QV in separate tickets. Not sure I can through check luggage.
If you are flying QV domestic, you would need to go through customs anyway. So luggage will not be forwarded by itself.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:01 pm

If you are flying QV domestic, you would need to go through customs anyway. So luggage will not be forwarded by itself.
It's an Intl-Intl connection on different PNRs.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by jgchiker
likely not. Nothing written online on the JAL baggage inter line agreement list (found if you have paid expertflyer or KVS access).
baggage allowance differences will make JAL hesitant (politely decline) to do it.

see below MAY CHECK BAGGAGE TO
AA AB AC AE AF AH AI AR AS AT AV AY AZ A3
BA BD BE BG BI BR BU BW B6 B7 CA CI CM CO
CS CU CX CY CZ DL DT EH EI EK ET EY FI FJ
FM FV GA GF GK G3 HA HG HM HR HU HX HY IB
IC IE IG IR IY JC JJ JL JO JP JQ JS JU KA
KC KE KL KM KQ KU LA LH LI LO LP LR LX LY
MD ME MF MH MI MK MS MU MX NH NU NX NZ OA
OK OM OS OU OV OZ PG PK PR PS PU PX PY PZ
QF QI QR RA RB RO SA SB SC SD SK SN SQ SU
SV SW S7 TA TG TK TN TP TU T0 UA UB UL UN
US VE VN VO VS VV VW VX WF WP WS WY XF XL
YR ZW ZX 2A 4M 8M 9W
Old Jul 25, 2019, 1:44 pm

I have a flight from NRT --> LAX arriving @ 11:00AM with JL and then I'm planning to book a separate ticket from LAX --> YYZ departing @ 1:35PM with Westjet. Will I be able to link the tickets or at the very least avoid having to recheck my baggage at the Westjet counter in LAX?

I tried calling JAL and they said to ask the check-in desk at NRT, but sounds YMMV.

Thank you!
Old Jul 25, 2019, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vanilarice89
I have a flight from NRT --> LAX arriving @ 11:00AM with JL and then I'm planning to book a separate ticket from LAX --> YYZ departing @ 1:35PM with Westjet. Will I be able to link the tickets or at the very least avoid having to recheck my baggage at the Westjet counter in LAX?

I tried calling JAL and they said to ask the check-in desk at NRT, but sounds YMMV.

Thank you!
If Westjet charges for your first checked bag, JL will probably be reluctant to do check your bag through. Since it is outsider of OW, there is no clear policy saying they offer the service, so it will be up to the individual agent. Probably more likely to be possible at the first class counters.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:10 pm

Yes, Westjet unfortunately does charge for first checked baggage. Is there anyway to pay for it in advance and then have JAL check it through?

It is a F ticket, so hopefully it works out

Thanks for your input!
Old Jul 26, 2019, 11:40 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by vanilarice89
Yes, Westjet unfortunately does charge for first checked baggage. Is there anyway to pay for it in advance and then have JAL check it through?

It is a F ticket, so hopefully it works out

Thanks for your input!
Do note that even if JAL tags it all the way through, you'll still need to reclaim your bags at LAX to go through customs and drop your bags off after. I'm not familiar with Westjet's operation at LAX if they'll accept tagged bags for recheck immediately outside of customs or you'll need to drop them off at the ticket counter (and possibly recheck them even if they have JAL tags all the way through).
Old Nov 1, 2021, 9:43 am

I am on two separate tickets, the first one is on JL from LAX to NRT in J, and the second one is from NRT to SYD via NAN in J on the same day arriving Narita. I am not a Japanese citizen, so I cannot enter Japan now. How likely the agents in LAX help me to check through baggage directly to SYD?
Old Nov 1, 2021, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Donald Li
I am on two separate tickets, the first one is on JL from LAX to NRT in J, and the second one is from NRT to SYD via NAN in J on the same day arriving Narita. I am not a Japanese citizen, so I cannot enter Japan now. How likely the agents in LAX help me to check through baggage directly to SYD?
It is a bit complicated. Fiji Airways is a Oneworld Connect Partner. Meaning there is Oneworld connectivity between Fiji Airways and their Oneworld sponsors. But JAL is not a sponsor for Fiji Airways. So technically, it is checking through from JAL to a non partner airline. Outside of the rule book.

My best guess is 'maybe'. I probably would not count on it. Unless someone has actual experience.
Old May 3, 2022, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium,
I am so glad to find this topic. with the recent JAL schedule changes to Taiwan, we are forced to overnight in HND (not looking forward to this unless the transit hotel reopens by June) and purchase a separate ticket for TSA the next day. Our first ticket is with JAL ORD-HND (award), second ticket (completely different booking) is HND-TSA with CI, Are we able to tag our bag all the way to TSA at ORD?
Old May 3, 2022, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 350zrx330
I am so glad to find this topic. with the recent JAL schedule changes to Taiwan, we are forced to overnight in HND (not looking forward to this unless the transit hotel reopens by June) and purchase a separate ticket for TSA the next day. Our first ticket is with JAL ORD-HND (award), second ticket (completely different booking) is HND-TSA with CI, Are we able to tag our bag all the way to TSA at ORD?
While JAL does collaborate closely with CI on the Taiwan routes, I don't know if their willingness to check-in luggage across tickets extends to CI. Maybe book the CI flight as a JL code?
Old May 3, 2022, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium,
While JAL does collaborate closely with CI on the Taiwan routes, I don't know if their willingness to check-in luggage across tickets extends to CI. Maybe book the CI flight as a JL code?
I am looking into that option, but JL code share price almost doubled CI, anyway to book JL code at CI price?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.