Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL SS7 roll out schedule and official seat map

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JALPak
You also find the most updated schedule on: http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inflight/inter/rosen/

NRT-LHR
SS7 will be in operation on odd-numbered dates in January 2013 starting from the 9th and even-numbered dates in February 2013. Daily SS7 service is scheduled to start on February 26, 2013. This route will be transferred to HND-LHR on March 30 2014 and will continue to be operated with SS7.

HND-LHR
From March 30 2014.

NRT-JFK
SS7 will be rolled out to NRT-JFK route from May 1 2013, initially on alternate days only (according to the official announcement post on the website). This will turn into daily service from May 21 2013.

NRT-CDG
JAL will roll out SS7 to NRT-CDG route from Jul 8 2013, initially on alternate days only until Aug 15 2013 when this will become a daily service. SS7 service will end when day-time HND-CDG operated by SS7 starts on March 30 2014.

HND-CDG
From March 30 2014.

NRT-LAX
From November 10 2013

NRT-ORD
From January 16 2014. Initially on alternate days only. This will turn into daily service from Feb 20 2014.

NRT-FRA
From Oct 25, 2015 this will be replaced by SS9 service.
From Mar 29 2015, SS7 daily service will return.
From April 5 2014. Initially on alternate days only. This will turn into daily service from May 17 2014. This will be replaced by SS8 from Dec 1 2014

NRT-CGK
From Oct 25 2015, SS7 service will return.
From June 14, 2014. This will be replaced by 6x SS9 1x SS8 service from July 1 2015

HND-SFO
From December 1, 2014.

NRT-SYD
From Oct 25 (26 for JL772), SS7 service will return.
From December 1, 2014 till Mar 28 2015. This will be replaced by daily 777-200ER.
Print Wikipost

JAL SS7 roll out schedule and official seat map

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: JL JMB Diamond 1.4 MM, UA 1P 1.2 MM
Originally Posted by musashino22
Not at all on either side. A curtain and divider separates rows 2 and 5. Take note that awards are usually assigned seats on row 2, I think. Other members can correct me if I'm wrong though.
I believe award travelers are able to select from 1D, 1G, 2A, 2D, and 2K. 2G is generally not pre-assigned as it is the designated lap infant seat. They have pre-assigned it to me without any problems in the past upon request with the qualifying statement that if a pax with a lap infant were to checkin, they would reassign me. (never had to move so far)
Old May 23, 2014, 4:28 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
NRT-CGK daily SS7 from June 18, 2014.
Old May 26, 2014, 1:54 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by JALPak
NRT-CGK daily SS7 from June 18, 2014.
it still surprises me that CGK would have more F traffic than SIN
Old May 26, 2014, 7:25 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by musashino22
Not at all on either side. A curtain and divider separates rows 2 and 5. Take note that awards are usually assigned seats on row 2, I think. Other members can correct me if I'm wrong though.
i've taken 1A and 1K on my last set of C-F upgrade... got them during checkin tho
Old Jun 9, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: SPG Platinum . Hyatt Diamond . Delta Diamond . All kinds of car rental statuses
Has anyone tried seat 5E on the 777 ?
I've flown the SS7 config in both first and in Biz, but never actually paid attention to the 1st row of business class . I'm flying FRA-NRT in January and the only row 5 non-aisle seat (I don't like the aisle seats really) remaining is 5E
there are plenty of window seats further back too. I'm looking for somewhere quiet
Old Jun 11, 2014, 2:36 am
Original Poster

JAL moves up SS7 rollout on NRT-CGK route from Jun 18 to Jun 14 2014. This would complete the SS7 rollout.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 5:54 am

Had a chance to ride on Y, W83 config yesterday for NRT-LAX. I tried to grab 53-56 window seats to enjoy no one next to me, but I wasn't lucky. Those seats were indeed blocked. I sat 26C and the seat was huge. Pitch, width were all great. Small complaints are that cushion wasn't enough in the lower back part, having waist ache little bit. And recline was very marginal (not because it was last row; all seats were equal) considering huge distance between the seats.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 8:49 am

Is CGK slated to lose SS7 service sometime later this year?

It seems that if I try to do a dummy booking for April 2015, F is not available for sale at all from NRT-CGK (I checked as I noticed award availability disappeared after October 25 this year), but if I do a booking in J it says SS7 service is on that flight. By default if I'm not mistaken, any aircraft with SS7 service should have F as well?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by bobbybrown
Had a chance to ride on Y, W83 config yesterday for NRT-LAX. I tried to grab 53-56 window seats to enjoy no one next to me, but I wasn't lucky. Those seats were indeed blocked. I sat 26C and the seat was huge. Pitch, width were all great. Small complaints are that cushion wasn't enough in the lower back part, having waist ache little bit. And recline was very marginal (not because it was last row; all seats were equal) considering huge distance between the seats.
I'll be flying NRT-LAX in Y at the end of the year. Good to hear that the regular econ seats are good, for Y that is. I was able to select an exit row seat, but I wonder if the regular seats make this a moot point. I would like to use my small roll-aboard as a foot rest in the exit row. Is that OK on JAL? On AA it usually is OK. If not OK, I may move to a regular seat now that I know the seats are good.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA/AA
There should be nothing impeding access to the emergency exit nor any potential projectiles (unstowed luggage) in case of sudden turbulence.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by tng11
Is CGK slated to lose SS7 service sometime later this year?

It seems that if I try to do a dummy booking for April 2015, F is not available for sale at all from NRT-CGK (I checked as I noticed award availability disappeared after October 25 this year), but if I do a booking in J it says SS7 service is on that flight. By default if I'm not mistaken, any aircraft with SS7 service should have F as well?
CGK is SS7 for now, but Apr 2015 is too far away. By then, Haneda to US daytime slot will be somehow concluded and JAL may use SS7 for new daytime HND-US flights, hopefully.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by headinclouds
I'll be flying NRT-LAX in Y at the end of the year. Good to hear that the regular econ seats are good, for Y that is. I was able to select an exit row seat, but I wonder if the regular seats make this a moot point. I would like to use my small roll-aboard as a foot rest in the exit row. Is that OK on JAL? On AA it usually is OK. If not OK, I may move to a regular seat now that I know the seats are good.
Any normal Y seat cannot be better than exit row. So I would stick with your seat.

It shouldn't be allowed, as Paiteaw pointed out, but you can "hide" your feet and the small bag under the blanket and JAL flight attendants won't notice or won't care except take off & landing. That's what I did last year on JAL exit row.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 6:04 am

Programs: DL DM, 2MM
Row 5

Originally Posted by pointy
Has anyone tried seat 5E on the 777 ?
I've flown the SS7 config in both first and in Biz, but never actually paid attention to the 1st row of business class . I'm flying FRA-NRT in January and the only row 5 non-aisle seat (I don't like the aisle seats really) remaining is 5E
there are plenty of window seats further back too. I'm looking for somewhere quiet
I had row 5 aisle. It is a mini cabin. It is separated from first class by a wall and the normal two curtains. However, behind row 5 are two sets of galleries, so the first two hours are noisy as the FAs are setting up meals. After all this, it's quiet and there's a curtain separating row 5 from the gallery.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:18 am
Original Poster

HND-SFO will be getting SS7 from Dec 1 2014

http://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/201407/003007.html
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: JL JGC Diamond, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, World of Hyatt Explorist
According to local/insider info in a local blog, the 1st 77W with W83 config is being ferried to HND to fix the seats not for sale in economy and eventually convert the rest of the first SS7 planes to W84 config. Glad JL is making this fix as more seats equals more revenue/profit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.