Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Corona related JAL announcements page link.
https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/other/200228/

Just to kick start a wiki, with answers to frequent questions.
1. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. NGO-HNL is booked in business class, but HND-NGO is in economy. Will we still get the baggage allowance as if we're flying business class the whole way?
A: Yes. written here (link)
2. We're flying HND-NGO-HNL. Will we have lounge access in HND?
A. Definitely, within the lounge access rules of course. written here (link)
Print Wikipost

[JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by emofeng
I booked my JAL flight via Alaska Airline miles. During the booking process, I was not asked for any passport information. Is there a place where I can pre-fill my passport information prior to departure? I checked both the AS and JAL record locator and I don't see an option. Do I have to wait until the 24hr check-in period?

When booking the ticket, I omitted my wife and child's middle name by accident. Their passport has their middle name on it. Would this be a problem at all?
The system will ask for passport information during online check in, or if not doing online check in, it will be registered at the check in counter at the airport.

No, missing middle names are not a problem.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:01 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
As long as you don't self-sabotage and press JL agent to confirm it's OK to fly without the middle name like someone did LOL

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35460205-post12.html
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
As long as you don't self-sabotage and press JL agent to confirm it's OK to fly without the middle name like someone did LOL

Yeah, well....
Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:40 pm

The system will ask for passport information during online check in, or if not doing online check in, it will be registered at the check in counter at the airport.

Thank you for the confirmation. I see the option to add the passport details on AS, so I'll put those information in for now. Thank you for the middle name clarification. It makes me feel better. Just wanted to triple check all details!
Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by JALPak

I read the post. She was pressing the JL agent? I don't know what to think anymore
Edit: nvm, i read the entire thread.

Last edited by emofeng; Mar 28, 2024 at 10:22 am
Old Mar 31, 2024, 10:57 pm

Hi JAL forums! Gonna be flying my first time on JL J next week and was wondering if anyone knew the ramen option on the menu from ex-NRT is vegetarian? It’s the tomato flavored tantan noodles
Old Mar 31, 2024, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xDorTravel
Hi JAL forums! Gonna be flying my first time on JL J next week and was wondering if anyone knew the ramen option on the menu from ex-NRT is vegetarian? It’s the tomato flavored tantan noodles
As it is not labeled as vegetarian in the menu, I would very much doubt it is. Vegetarian ramen broth is not usual, so I am sure it would be mentioned if it was the case. But you can check with the crew before ordering.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 11:14 pm

As it is not labeled as vegetarian in the menu, I would very much doubt it is. Vegetarian ramen broth is not usual, so I am sure it would be mentioned if it was the case. But you can check with the crew before ordering.
I tend to agree but also the ramen that’s in-bound to NRT from NA isn’t labeled vegetarian either but it’s plant based and marketed as no meat so that’s why I’m asking about the tomato one that’s ex-TYO
Old Mar 31, 2024, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xDorTravel
I tend to agree but also the ramen that’s in-bound to NRT from NA isn’t labeled vegetarian either but it’s plant based and marketed as no meat so that’s why I’m asking about the tomato one that’s ex-TYO
The one from the US is clearly marked as no animal derived products being used. Which makes me suspect that eg. dashi or similar items are in the tomato flavoured ramen, making it unable to get a similar indication.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:19 am

Can I check in via JAL app (even with AA mileage #) and bypass check-in @ counter?

Hello! Two questions-
  1. Would using an AA mileage number on a reservation (purchased ticket on JAL through their website) prevent me from doing an online check-in 24hrs before and getting a digital boarding pass on the JAL app? I'm hoping that I can avoid having to do a physical check-in (only carry-on) at the JAL counter at LAX TB, since I will have to get from T1 to TB (and was planning on walking airside).
  2. Or will I be forced to physically check-in at counter since this is an international flight and they need to check in passport (or will having passport# in rez enough and this check isn't necessary at check-in?)
Thank you!
Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zeo219
Hello! Two questions-
  1. Would using an AA mileage number on a reservation (purchased ticket on JAL through their website) prevent me from doing an online check-in 24hrs before and getting a digital boarding pass on the JAL app? I'm hoping that I can avoid having to do a physical check-in (only carry-on) at the JAL counter at LAX TB, since I will have to get from T1 to TB (and was planning on walking airside).
  2. Or will I be forced to physically check-in at counter since this is an international flight and they need to check in passport (or will having passport# in rez enough and this check isn't necessary at check-in?)
Thank you!
FFP is not tied to OLCI. As long as your ticket is eligible for OLCI, you can OLCI even if your record is tied to your AA account.

They can do document checks at the gate. But if you are on a separate ticket, JAL won't be responsible to rebook in case your arriving flight is delayed.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:43 pm

Hi there- do you think 2hrs is enough time between domestic (T1) to a 1pm JAL international flight (TB)? Separate tickets. Not checking in luggage, just carrying on. I think I read that I can now walk from T1 to TB without having to exit and go through security again and that takes about 15minutes? Appreciate your input as always!
Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:47 pm

Thank you, JALPak. Silly Q, but how does one know whether one's ticket is eligible for OLCI?

Are you able to delete my duplicate post #5367?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Hi there- do you think 2hrs is enough time between domestic (T1) to a 1pm JAL international flight (TB)? Separate tickets. Not checking in luggage, just carrying on. I think I read that I can now walk from T1 to TB without having to exit and go through security again and that takes about 15minutes? Appreciate your input as always!
I had no reason to walk from TBIT to T1 airside so can't comment on that. But I walked from TBIT to LAXit which is next to T1 with a full cart in ~10 minutes. This is land side though.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, JALPak. Silly Q, but how does one know whether one's ticket is eligible for OLCI?

Are you able to delete my duplicate post #5367?
You can read the eligibility on https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/inter/bo...nline-checkin/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.