Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL Economy Plus Lounge Access?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:18 am
Original Poster

JAL Economy Plus Lounge Access?

Does anybody know if buying an economy plus ticket on JAL (from Narita to JFK) give me access to the JAL Sakura Lounge?

Thanks!
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:41 am

Programs: JGC Sapphire, ANA Aspirational, JAL Hotels Gold, Priority Club Platinum Ambassador
Premium economy ticket holders get access to the Sakura Lounge

Enjoy!
Old Sep 1, 2010, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by sendaiben
Premium economy ticket holders get access to the Sakura Lounge

Enjoy!
Here is the page that lists everything you get http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/service/premium_y/
Old Sep 7, 2010, 11:50 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
I'm flying SYD-NRT next week on a day showing no Premium Economy seats available. ugh

If seats do open up is SYD JAL ticketing able to refare the ticket at the day of departure? Anyone had first hand experience on this out of SYD? I know out of NRT I've paid the fare difference on day of departure.

At least I got an Aisle seat in regular Y, but our company policy on JAL is Premium Economy is allowed - just no darn seats for this flight right now.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 4:05 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by NickP 1K
I'm flying SYD-NRT next week on a day showing no Premium Economy seats available. ugh

If seats do open up is SYD JAL ticketing able to refare the ticket at the day of departure? Anyone had first hand experience on this out of SYD? I know out of NRT I've paid the fare difference on day of departure.

At least I got an Aisle seat in regular Y, but our company policy on JAL is Premium Economy is allowed - just no darn seats for this flight right now.
Check the fare rules. It might require you to pay a penalty for the upgrade too. If you can book in Y or W class, do it. That way you don't have to pay for the difference to sit in PY section and can preselect the seats now. Also, there's a upgrade campaign going on and you can upgrade your flight with very little miles if you book in these two booking classes
Old Sep 8, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by JALPak
Check the fare rules. It might require you to pay a penalty for the upgrade too. If you can book in Y or W class, do it. That way you don't have to pay for the difference to sit in PY section and can preselect the seats now. Also, there's a upgrade campaign going on and you can upgrade your flight with very little miles if you book in these two booking classes
Thanks.

My agency was able to get W booking fare for both of us now. So all set (fare change for our booked B fare was small)

On the upgrade; ugh; I gave up my JAL account for a CX one years ago - now I barely fly CX but end up crediting to it. To top that off; I'm about 100K short of 2MM on AA - so most of OW for me ends up there.

BTW: In SYD; which lounge does JAL use for Premium Y pax?
Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:23 pm

JL uses the QF Lounge for PY passengers in SYD.

Last edited by JALPak; Sep 8, 2010 at 1:08 pm
Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:30 pm

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/other/info2010_0702ug.html

Looks like there's a fixed price for PY upgrade at check in but that won't give you lounge access and wi only accumulate miles based on your original ticket.

Probably cheaper and better to pay the fare difference now in your case given the high fare bucket you were originally in. Now that you are booked in W class you should be able to preselect a PY seat if it is available. Login to JAL website with your PNR to do that.

Last edited by JALPak; Sep 8, 2010 at 1:08 pm
Old Sep 8, 2010, 7:39 pm

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/other/info2010_0702ug.html

Looks like there's a fixed price for PY upgrade at check in but that won't give you lounge access and wi only accumulate miles based on your original ticket.

Probably cheaper and better to pay the fare difference now in your case given the high fare bucket you were originally in. Now that you are booked in W class you should be able to preselect a PY seat if it is available. Login to JAL website with your PNR to do that.
Thanks for the suggestion... Grabbed the last Window + Aisle next to each other (vs. middle section). Had to call JAL LA res center as online showed the Change Seat greyed out.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 7:42 pm

Thanks for the suggestion... Grabbed the last Window + Aisle next to each other (vs. middle section). Had to call JAL LA res center as online showed the Change Seat greyed out.
Glad that you can secure a PY seat before departure. Enjoy your flights

Just curious, did you TA only checked booking class E and told you PY wasn't available or did PY opened up yesterday? I called around when i was trying to reserve my ticket and some TAs insisted that W class tickets can't sit in PY seats and of course I didn't buy the ticket from her at the end
Old Sep 9, 2010, 11:58 am

Glad that you can secure a PY seat before departure. Enjoy your flights

Just curious, did you TA only checked booking class E and told you PY wasn't available or did PY opened up yesterday? I called around when i was trying to reserve my ticket and some TAs insisted that W class tickets can't sit in PY seats and of course I didn't buy the ticket from her at the end
Odd; W is Premium Y on our agency's online system. Even LAX JAL reservations told me to ask for E or W fare when I asked that my agency didn't see Premium Y availability (it did open up from the day it was originally booked - where E and W were zero'ed out)
Old Sep 9, 2010, 2:22 pm

Odd; W is Premium Y on our agency's online system. Even LAX JAL reservations told me to ask for E or W fare when I asked that my agency didn't see Premium Y availability (it did open up from the day it was originally booked - where E and W were zero'ed out)
Booking class Y can sit in PY too if seats are available by the way. Maybe your TA has a different reservation system than JAL. It happened to me before, the TA sees no seats available while JAL told me to it's wide open. Called JAL and they said maybe it had to do with how seats are released (by Tokyo) in different reservation systems.

Some TAs are just incompetent (like the one who told me W class can't sit in PY) and don't know what they are talking about. Not the first time I know more about the booking class and fare rules than my TA on JAL flights. I was once told entering my JMB number (as a JGC member) won't help clearing your waitlist

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.