Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

How to justify the extra cost to fly on JAL?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to justify the extra cost to fly on JAL?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2010, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by fumitani
It's much harder to find space between

CTS-ITM/UKB/KIX than

CTS-HND

if you count there are departure between CTS-HND almost every 30 minutes sometimes 10 minutes!

I count roughly 50 flights between CTS-HND on JAL, Skymark, AirDo, ANA
Yes true and that stat would be correct. Good place to fly to HND.
Old May 11, 2010, 12:42 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
you two!? I have started a new thread for the meetings http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jal-m...comed-too.html
Old May 11, 2010, 1:56 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
I believe HND-CTS ranks as the world's busiest airport pair, though NYC-FLL/MIA is a busier city pair. Can't remember where I saw that stat, though.
Old May 11, 2010, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by joejones
I believe HND-CTS ranks as the world's busiest airport pair, though NYC-FLL/MIA is a busier city pair. Can't remember where I saw that stat, though.
No way. Sounds like an out there fact. I would have thought it wouldn't be that busy with only some 50 flights a day.
Old May 11, 2010, 6:41 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Originally Posted by Simmo
I would have thought it wouldn't be that busy with only some 50 flights a day.
Counting passengers here, not flights. Most of the HND-CTS flights are on 400-500 seat 747s or 777s, so the passenger throughput is equivalent to, say, 100 757 flights or 150 737 flights.
Old May 11, 2010, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by joejones
Counting passengers here, not flights. Most of the HND-CTS flights are on 400-500 seat 747s or 777s, so the passenger throughput is equivalent to, say, 100 757 flights or 150 737 flights.
They love those 747-400 or 474-300.
Old May 11, 2010, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

They love those 747-400 or 474-300.
474-300
Old May 11, 2010, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
474-300
747-300 i mean http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%...3%82%B0747-300
Old May 13, 2010, 6:23 am

Programs: NH PLT+SFC(*G), JL JGC(OW Sapphire), IHG Plat Amb
It looked nothing like those photos but definitely had Diamond Premium Lounge on the door i entered. What did i do wrong?
Those photos are taken in priority lanes, you can enter DP Lounge immediately after security check. They are next to the first class check-in counter.

North Wing: Counter #7 near to Security Check F
South Wing: Counter #2 between Security Check B & C

And, there is another DP Lounge inside Sakura Lounge in North Wing, near to Gate #15. After you entered Sakura Lounge, DP Lounge's door is next to the receiption.

http://www.jal.co.jp/dom/airport/japan/hnd/hnd_00.html

BTW, North Wing's DP Lounge(next to check-in counter) was temporary closed for refurbishment. (until Oct 2010).
Old May 13, 2010, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by jackho
Those photos are taken in priority lanes, you can enter DP Lounge immediately after security check. They are next to the first class check-in counter.

North Wing: Counter #7 near to Security Check F
South Wing: Counter #2 between Security Check B & C

And, there is another DP Lounge inside Sakura Lounge in North Wing, near to Gate #15. After you entered Sakura Lounge, DP Lounge's door is next to the receiption.

http://www.jal.co.jp/dom/airport/japan/hnd/hnd_00.html

BTW, North Wing's DP Lounge(next to check-in counter) was temporary closed for refurbishment. (until Oct 2010).
Sounds like i went into the DP lounge in the Sakura lounge which was very average. Are the others better or different?
Old May 13, 2010, 7:00 am

Sounds like i went into the DP lounge in the Sakura lounge which was very average. Are the others better or different?
Except the enterance, space and layout, all of them are nearly the same in seats and services.

DP Lounge in North Wing, which was temporary closed, should be the largest one, and 1/3 seats with partitions (for 1 person each). And the smallest one is in South Wing.

Another one inside Sakura Lounge, which you went into, has view of runway. I think it should be the best because of the view. (others have no window).
Old May 13, 2010, 7:03 am

Except the enterance, space and layout, all of them are nearly the same in seats and services.

DP Lounge in North Wing, which was temporary closed, should be the largest one, and 1/3 seats with partitions (for 1 person each). And the smallest one is in South Wing.

Another one inside Sakura Lounge, which you went into, has view of runway. I think it should be the best because of the view. (others have no window).
No i was more referring to food and drink. Is there any food in other lounges? Is there any real different between DP and Sakura lounge apart from less people?
Old May 13, 2010, 7:30 am

No i was more referring to food and drink. Is there any food in other lounges? Is there any real different between DP and Sakura lounge apart from less people?
Oh, you mean food and drinks. Maybe wine and sake are little different with Sakura Lounge, but I'm not sure as I don't drink them.

Sakura and DP Lounges are nearly the same. Except you will have free Häagen-Dazs in summer (Jul-Aug 11am-4pm everyday), but maybe nothing in this year.

Even dedicated lounges are for DP members and first class customer only, they are still domestic lounges. Pls don't have high expectations on them.

Edit:

There are also some bread (like bagel, muffin) in the morning and snacks "Soyjoy" in DP Lounge, subject to availability.

Last edited by jackho; May 13, 2010 at 8:32 am
Old May 13, 2010, 10:13 pm

Oh, you mean food and drinks. Maybe wine and sake are little different with Sakura Lounge, but I'm not sure as I don't drink them.

Sakura and DP Lounges are nearly the same. Except you will have free Häagen-Dazs in summer (Jul-Aug 11am-4pm everyday), but maybe nothing in this year.

Even dedicated lounges are for DP members and first class customer only, they are still domestic lounges. Pls don't have high expectations on them.

Edit:

There are also some bread (like bagel, muffin) in the morning and snacks "Soyjoy" in DP Lounge, subject to availability.
I don't drink either however it's just as i suspected. I missed out by flying in the afternoon.

Thanks for the information. I guess the lounge experience is the low point of the First Class domestic experience.
Old May 18, 2010, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Finally paid the package in full But after we paid, the travel agent said the ticket is ineligible for mileage even though it's booked in S class Called JMB HK and was told the tickets are booked in S class and is eligible for 70% miles

The agents from Morning **** (a travel agency in HK) are so incompetent. First they told me they don't have JAL package to Sapporo because it is not a direct flight from HKG which is clearly wrong because their website has JAL packages to FUK, CTS, OKA, etc (no wonder JAL is losing business, the sales don't even know they can sell this!?). Then they said entering my JMB numbers will not help my waitlist to clear which is clearly wrong and I insisted he has to enter my number. Then they couldn't find the hotel I was trying to book...And now they said no mileage accumulation If that's the case they should have told us before we paid not after...Definitely one of my worst experience but they are the cheapest I guess you get what you paid for...

I am pretty sure I will get miles from this ticket but will call JAL to confirm again once they have issued the tickets...Hopefully JAL doesn't have some special deal/fare rules that makes this S class ticket ineligible for miles

Last edited by JALPak; May 19, 2010 at 1:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.