Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passport Validity to enter Italy

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2008, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Passport Validity to enter Italy

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this but...

I'm going to Italy in September this year, with my passport expiring in Jan 09. I know some countries need a 6 month validity period, but does Italy?

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 11, 2008, 8:38 pm

Programs: A3
i don't know if you are an EU citizen, but if you are, i think this passport should suffice *i hope i used propper words, sry its late *
Old Jan 11, 2008, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

I should've mentioned this before, it's an Australian passport
Old Jan 12, 2008, 12:46 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Jim457

I will move this thread to the Italy forum, where posters should be able to assist you. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator
Old Jan 12, 2008, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Jim457
I'm not sure this is the right place to post this but...

I'm going to Italy in September this year, with my passport expiring in Jan 09. I know some countries need a 6 month validity period, but does Italy?

Thanks in advance
Your passport needs to be valid for at least 90 days after your scheduled date of departure from Italy. Most tour/travel/cruise agencies suggest 6 months. Since the pp is going to expire anyway, save yourself the worry and renew it before you go rather than waiting for your return.

Last edited by bdemaria; Jan 12, 2008 at 8:09 am
Old Jan 12, 2008, 8:01 am

Programs: ex-DL FO, what a pedigree
I'd take care of it now, plenty of time to get a new one and then no stress about validity. FWIW, I sent in my renewal early December and got it back in about two weeks. Didn't pay for expedited, it was just lightning fast.
Enjoy Italy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.