Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Italy Entry requirements after June 21 -

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2021, 11:44 am

Programs: DM Delta; VS Gold; HA Platinum; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by 13901
Is your visit planned after you enter France? How would you want to arrive in Italy (plane, trane, car, boat, foot)? And, last but not least, what's your nationality and vaccination status?
The original plan was to fly from SEA-MEX-CDG and on arrival in CDG, pick up bags and check them in for another Air France flight from CDG-FLR (Florence) on a separate itinerary departing on the same day as arrival. Nationality = USA; Vaccination Status = Yes. Thank you!
Old Jul 3, 2021, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by flyinhwn
The original plan was to fly from SEA-MEX-CDG and on arrival in CDG, pick up bags and check them in for another Air France flight from CDG-FLR (Florence) on a separate itinerary departing on the same day as arrival. Nationality = USA; Vaccination Status = Yes. Thank you!
Ok, feels a bit convoluted. The viaggiaresicuri.it questionnaire says you should self-isolate and so on, but at the same time I've seen (and heard) US travellers being granted access to Italy with the simple CDC card. Moreover you'd be coming from a Schengen country, so I'd say that it shouldn't be an issue. For all intents and purposes the Italian authorities (and you're not likely to meet them as you'll be arriving from a Schengen country and thus won't go through the border) will consider you as coming from France.

Now, would France have issues in you coming in from MEX? That's a different matter and I'm afraid I can't help you on that one!
Old Jul 3, 2021, 12:49 pm

Programs: DM Delta; VS Gold; HA Platinum; HHonors Diamond
Ok, feels a bit convoluted. The viaggiaresicuri.it questionnaire says you should self-isolate and so on, but at the same time I've seen (and heard) US travellers being granted access to Italy with the simple CDC card. Moreover you'd be coming from a Schengen country, so I'd say that it shouldn't be an issue. For all intents and purposes the Italian authorities (and you're not likely to meet them as you'll be arriving from a Schengen country and thus won't go through the border) will consider you as coming from France.

Now, would France have issues in you coming in from MEX? That's a different matter and I'm afraid I can't help you on that one!
I would say convoluted is fair. Cheap would be another way to put it. Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by flyinhwn
There's two sets of rules that you need to examine.

One is whether you are vaccinated (and with approved vaccine), have proof of it and the arrival/transit country recognizes that proof.

The second is where have you been recently (generally 14 days but check with the rules of the country in question).

For example, you can be a vaccinated US citizen with CDC proof (point 1) and Italy would say that's fine. However, if you came from the UK (or even transited it) in the last 14 days, that rule would kick in and you would have to both do tests and quarantine for 5 days.

So, the question is what are the rules relative to MEX in the countries you transit and country of arrival.
QT31415 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 2:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold

Mexico is an "orange country" in the French list, so entrance is allowed provided that you are fully vaccinated + can produce a negative test result of less than 72/48 hours before departure (72 if it was a PCR test, 48 for antigen).

I know this is Flyer-talk but I wonder if anybody here has had experience entering Italy by car lately? We are driving to Liguria via the Mount Blanc tunnel in a few weeks time. French residents, fully vaccinated, and we filled out the Passenger Locator Form. I just wonder if the Guardia di Finanza is actually conducting checks at the border, as that will definitely influence the total travel time.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 4:06 am

My old man travelled via Ventimiglia a couple of weeks ago. No GdF but on the other side the gendarmes were out in force, decked out in the riot kit that makes them feel all manly. They were checking for “les immigrés” though and couldn’t care less for the EU green certificate that the old goat had the care of obtaining in French from the Italian NHS… that hurt his pride.

No probs on the way back.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 4:13 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
My old man travelled via Ventimiglia a couple of weeks ago. No GdF but on the other side the gendarmes were out in force, decked out in the riot kit that makes them feel all manly. They were checking for “les immigrés” though and couldn’t care less for the EU green certificate that the old goat had the care of obtaining in French from the Italian NHS… that hurt his pride.

No probs on the way back.
Brilliant, thanks a bunch.
13901 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 2:15 pm

Programs: US1, NW, AA, SPG...
A data point in case helpful - flew DL from JFK - FCO leaving 7/2 arriving 7/3, A bit chaotic on boarding with inconsistent direction from DL staff about getting one’s docs checked prior to boarding (and the few gate agents absolutely bewildered that pax would not know expectations they were never told) but boarding completed more or less on time (just took a while). On arrival at FCO there was nothing… no antigen check queue, no check at passport control. Just ‘nothing to declare’ and bienvenuto.
SanDiego1K, olouie and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 8:14 am

Flew from MAD-VCE and after huge confusion caused by IB crew handling out old forms that stated the old mandatory testing and quarantine requirements there turned out to be no collection or checks of any kind upon arrival.
SanDiego1K and dhuey like this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 10:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by olouie
Flew from MAD-VCE and after huge confusion caused by IB crew handling out old forms that stated the old mandatory testing and quarantine requirements there turned out to be no collection or checks of any kind upon arrival.
This is a theme we're seeing with lots of international travel in which the airlines are responsible for assuring compliance with constantly-shifting Covid rules. Of course there will be loads of confusion. In a way, the real "border-crossing" these days is when you step off the jetway and into the plane. If you get across that border, you're probably fine at your destination.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I'll be traveling to Denmark, then Sweden, then Italy (MXP). I'm trying to clarify my entry requirements to Italy as a US citizen. Their website refers to the EU Green Certificate. I have the US CDC Vaccine certificate. I don't know how to obtain the EU one. I should also have a negative covid test result at that time as I am returning to the US in less than 3 days
Old Jul 7, 2021, 3:18 pm

As mentioned upthread, you'll be fine with the CDC card. Highly likely you won't be asked anything when coming in from an EU country.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by eng3
I'll be traveling to Denmark, then Sweden, then Italy (MXP). I'm trying to clarify my entry requirements to Italy as a US citizen. Their website refers to the EU Green Certificate. I have the US CDC Vaccine certificate. I don't know how to obtain the EU one. I should also have a negative covid test result at that time as I am returning to the US in less than 3 days
We passed through AMS where the border police were much more strict about checking documents. Once inside the schengen zone it seems almost all of that disappears. In Spain they do check for your QR and you just scan that and get an email confirmation. Took a few seconds at most if you had it handy. Nothing else was checked.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 9:55 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
I planned a trip to Portugal in August, but had to cancel due to their COVID passport restrictions. Rebooked to France, but now they will also be implementing a COVID passport of sorts starting in August. FYI, I'm a US citizen, living in the US, and fully vaccinated with CDC card (and California QR code). My new plan is for northern Italy in mid to late August. Is Italy contemplating any required COVID passport/QR code for either entry into the country, or at bars, attractions, etc.?
Old Jul 15, 2021, 10:04 am

From a brief check of Italy's main newspapers it doesn't seem like it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.