Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Where can you get Covid test in Italy before you fly out ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where can you get Covid test in Italy before you fly out ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2021, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Question Where can you get Covid test in Italy before you fly out ?

Can anyone tell me where rapid covid test are available if you plan to fly ?
Are the test available at any airport ?
What is the cost ?
Do you need an appointment ?

Thanks,
Old Jun 2, 2021, 8:09 pm

I've just done a post trying to gather known information about the COVID-tested flights. It looks like tests are available at the airports: the FCO Airport page says the test can be booked in advance at a price of €20. Tests appear to be widely available at pharmacies; the term test rapido antigienico seems to meet what's required. A listing of pharmacies in Rome offering the test is at https://www.romatoday.it/attualita/t...roma-dove.html . That page gives a €22 fee. For other cities you can try to Google tampone farmacia and the city name.
italiancal likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 1:25 am

It's also useful to know where you're flying to, where you're flying from in Italy so we do have an idea of what you're after. Requirements for, say, the UK are =/= from the US.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks,

Will be going to UK
Old Jun 28, 2021, 3:52 pm
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Anyone have experience of where in Italy (specifically MIlan area) where can get a PCR test that meets the requirements for entry to the UK?
Old Jun 28, 2021, 11:45 pm

It doesn't need to be a PCR, but it needs to comply with the stupidly narrow rules (including results in English and all that jazz). I know of people who've travelled from the UK with tests done at Humanitas and Galeazzi Hospital - (San Donato group).

This website for Italians in London has a list, it's in Italian but it's pretty self explanatory.

https://www.quilondra.com/notizie-lo...n-inglese.html

Personally, I used the Qured test online thingy.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 3:53 am
BOH

Originally Posted by 13901
It doesn't need to be a PCR, but it needs to comply with the stupidly narrow rules (including results in English and all that jazz). I know of people who've travelled from the UK with tests done at Humanitas and Galeazzi Hospital - (San Donato group).

This website for Italians in London has a list, it's in Italian but it's pretty self explanatory.

https://www.quilondra.com/notizie-lo...n-inglese.html

Personally, I used the Qured test online thingy.
Thank you, so it looks like can be a rapid Antigen test to come back to the UK?
Old Jun 29, 2021, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by BOH
Thank you, so it looks like can be a rapid Antigen test to come back to the UK?
As long as the results are in English, it shows your passport number, the tolerances are within certain limits and yadda yadda yadda.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 4:23 am
BOH

Originally Posted by 13901
As long as the results are in English, it shows your passport number, the tolerances are within certain limits and yadda yadda yadda.
Ok, many thanks
13901 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.