Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tight MXP connection

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by jmail1
Bumping this to ask if the following connection would be the same as outlined above

Emirates flight from JFK-MXP landing at 11:55am connecting to an EasyJet MXP-Marrakech flight leaving at 2:55pm. Assuming we'll be able to do OLCI for EasyJet, but if not three hours should still give us enough time to exit and return?
I'd check to see if you even have to "exit". U2 is out of MXP T1 where you will be arriving - good chance that you can just transfer there. Luggage may be a problem if checked but ostensibly U2 is an Emirates Skyward partner so you might want to see if you can check anything straight through.

ADDED: I'm guessing Emirates can't check bags through to U2. If you can carry-on that would make things a lot easier for you.

Last edited by JMN57; Nov 8, 2022 at 4:11 pm
Old Nov 8, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by jmail1
Bumping this to ask if the following connection would be the same as outlined above

Emirates flight from JFK-MXP landing at 11:55am connecting to an EasyJet MXP-Marrakech flight leaving at 2:55pm. Assuming we'll be able to do OLCI for EasyJet, but if not three hours should still give us enough time to exit and return?
Very little leeway if things go wrong (and you can thank the coronavvirus for shutting down air travel for a while, so MXP consolidated all flights in T1 - pre-pandemic you would have been looking at a trek to T2 for your departure). Bag drop for EasyJet closes 60 minutes before departure, and there's two sets of immigration (entering and leaving the Schengen area).
Old Apr 26, 2023, 6:01 am

Hi

I have a Flight with LX1628 from ZRH to MXP this summer and Connecting to QR128

Flying on separate tickets Eco and then Business, but arrival from ZRH is 2:00pm most time the flight has a delay from 15-20 Minutes and the next flight goes at 4:15pm. I will have bags to pick up and recheck. I done this a lot of time in MXP before COVID with 3 hours and was never short, but now after COVID I like to know is that doable or not?
Old Feb 5, 2024, 1:11 pm

Programs: MILEAGEPLUS
Originally Posted by day13
Hi

I have a Flight with LX1628 from ZRH to MXP this summer and Connecting to QR128

Flying on separate tickets Eco and then Business, but arrival from ZRH is 2:00pm most time the flight has a delay from 15-20 Minutes and the next flight goes at 4:15pm. I will have bags to pick up and recheck. I done this a lot of time in MXP before COVID with 3 hours and was never short, but now after COVID I like to know is that doable or not?
Out of curiosity did you do the trip antrain it end up working out? I am looking at taking the lx1628 to mxp, and then taking ek205 at 3:40.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by brenster21
Out of curiosity did you do the trip antrain it end up working out? I am looking at taking the lx1628 to mxp, and then taking ek205 at 3:40.
I wouldn't do it. You have less than 2 hours to do a non-Schengen connection on two separate tickets.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by brenster21
Originally Posted by 13901
I wouldn't do it. You have less than 2 hours to do a non-Schengen connection on two separate tickets.
LX1628 ZRH-MXP is a Schengen area flight.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
LX1628 ZRH-MXP is a Schengen area flight.
But EK205 isn't (well it might be EK206 since 205 is the DXB-MXP service).
OP would arrive from Zurich on an Embraer which, 99.9% of times, will land on a remote stand. He will then take a bus, which normally takes him to the arrivals area in MXP Schengen. It's been yonks since I've transferred Schengen to non-Schengen in MXP, and I don't recall a transfer corridor from the downstairs gates.

Worst case scenario, the OP would have to land, get through the baggage area, then go back upstairs, clear security, go through the duty free, through passport control, head over to Satellite C (Gates 50-onwards) where EK usually leaves from.

Best case scenario OP lands, finds a (usually very quiet) transfer checkpoint, goes through security, through passport control, head to Satellite C and depart.

Best case is about 3/400 metres shorter in terms of walking. Sure, it can be done in minutes, but... I wouldn't risk it. Personally.
obscure2k likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.