Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traveling to Italy for "proven work"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2020, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Traveling to Italy for "proven work"

Does anyone have firsthand experience traveling to Italy as a US citizen for work since July 1st?

I am currently trying to plan a trip to Italy on behalf of a film festival that I help organize and am trying to get a sense of what sort of paperwork I would need to present Italian customs with in order to enter the country.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
Same Question

Interesting - I popped in here to ask the same question. I am working on this with colleagues inside of Italy and it appears that I have all the paperwork which I will need. I will report back after I actually fly (in about three weeks)
Old Jul 17, 2020, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by jomama341
Does anyone have firsthand experience traveling to Italy as a US citizen for work since July 1st?

I am currently trying to plan a trip to Italy on behalf of a film festival that I help organize and am trying to get a sense of what sort of paperwork I would need to present Italian customs with in order to enter the country.
Will be immigration not customs that cares.

Doesn't the employer (I realize that the festival may not directly employ you) which creates the paperwork?
Old Jul 18, 2020, 9:13 am
Original Poster

The festival can provide me with a formal invitation. I just have no clue if this will suffice for immigration.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seattleBH
Interesting - I popped in here to ask the same question. I am working on this with colleagues inside of Italy and it appears that I have all the paperwork which I will need. I will report back after I actually fly (in about three weeks)
may I ask what sort of paperwork they provided you with?
Old Jul 18, 2020, 10:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by jomama341
may I ask what sort of paperwork they provided you with?
What arrangements has the festival made for your 14-day quarantine?
Old Jul 19, 2020, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
What arrangements has the festival made for your 14-day quarantine?
Are you actually trying to help me or are you just trying to interrogate me? For your information, the festival would be providing me with my own apartment.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
I can now shed some light on this and answer some of my own questions.

The key piece of paper (as of today, all of this changes every few days) is this one:

https://www.esteri.it/mae/resource/d...agosto_eng.pdf

In addition I traveled with a letter from my employer and a letter from the Italian firm I am working with. Both stated that my work is necessary and that it is time sensitive (which is true). I have made arrangements with one of my normal hotels and will now "self-isolate" for 14 days.

I crossed into the EU in AMS and both my letters were scrutinized. That process only took about 5 minutes. There was a temperature check at the gate in AMS.

Upon arrival in VCE I presented myself to immigration and handed over a copy of my self-declaration. They asked no questions and I was on my way. I rented a car to get to my hotel. Travel by rental car or taxi is permitted but travel by public transit is not permitted until after your self-isolation period.

Having said all of that, I am not sure that a film festival would count as "essential work". I suggest that you discuss this with your local contacts.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 11:51 pm
Suspended

I am not sure if this would be enough to get one a resident permit.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 8:33 pm

This whole thread has nothing to do with obtaining a resident permit. Are you sure you posted in the correct thread?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.