Reload this Page >

What area to stay in Milan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What area to stay in Milan

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2019, 5:35 am

Hello you can stay near at Cadorna, Centrale and Garibaldi metro stations. They are all near to the main touristic areas, also you can use easily use metro. From cheapest to most expensive; Centrale, Cadorna, Garibaldi
Old May 17, 2019, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just recently returned from Milan and stayed at the Hilton which is 1 block away from Central Station.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
Excuse me but I really have to disagree about the fact that Milan is an uninspiring city, and not just because I have been living there for 6 years!

It could be seen as more business-oriented than a touristic destination but, apart from being the financial, fashion, design and commercial hub of northern Italy (and southern Europe), Milan has a lot to see and to do about art, culture, history, theatre, food and wine and obviously shopping.

Monuments like the Duomo church, the Royal Palace, Sforzesco Castle and its museums, Saint Ambrogio, Saint Marco; La Scala theatre.

Museums like the Science and Technology museum, Natural history museum, the Planetarium, Brera's Pinacoteca, Poldi Pezzoli, villa Necchi Campiglio, Bagatti Valsecchi, the Leonardo's Ultima Cena in Santa Maria delle Grazie, Armani museum, Prada's foundation, '900 Museum, and many more.
Or you can enjoy parks or shopping world-known streets like Via Montenapoleone, Via della Spiga, Corso Vittorio Emanuele, or the more intimate atmosphere of Brera's district or Navigli.

So, there is a huge choice of things, and that's the reason of how many people visit it every year.

If someone is looking for a place to stay, well I would avoid railway station's areas, not very fashionable, and I'd choose the Duomo-Missori-Via Larga district, with a wide range of hotels.

For other infos, please be free to ask me!

Finally someone who speaks from a place of knowledge rather thank ignorance. Thanks for this reply.
I'm Italian and I live in Milan and I'm so sorry to understand that PERCHE doesn't have discover Milan yet.
As all cities over in the world, Milan has some good areas and bad areas. but if PERCHE tells that Milano is just DUOMO and that's it...Some doubts come to me. Did you really visit Milano? I don't think do..or maybe not in the right spirit.
I'm a milanese girl and I assure i'm not anore
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by ckendall
I used to stay in the center but it is complicated to get out by taxi (if you have more luggage than you want to take on the metro), but there are some great shops and museums very close by.

With all due deference to the Milan-haters, there are some great traditional museums (e.g., Brera), the Castello Sforzesco is worth a visit (including the museum with one of the other versions of the Pieta), the house museums are wonderful (Poldi Pozzoli etc) and the fashion area (Quadrilateral) near the Duomo, Galleria and La Scala is great.

But maybe I just imagine all that.
At the risk of repeating what I've said in previous Milan threads, the Boschi Di Stefano museum is an exquisite little gem. And anyone who claims that the city is all boring post-WWII buildings needs to spend more time in the area between Porta Venezia and the Duomo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.