Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 7, 2019, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JBD
Two metro stops of Line A remain closed as of June 7, 2019:
Repubblica and Barberini

Additionally, there will be planned closures along the entire line for maintenance work, scheduled from June 8th to August 25th. These closures will occur over the weekends and are detailed in this article from "Wanted in Rome":
Metro A works begin on 8 June and end on 25 August.
Print Wikipost

Closures on Rome's Metro Line A

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 11:06 pm
JBD
Original Poster

Closures on Rome's Metro Line A

As of this post, the Metro stops at Repubblica, Barberini and Spagna are STILL closed for repairs.

I thought since we're now in May and FTer's visits to Rome will be on the rise, this should be posted in its own thread.

To check the current status of these stops, here's the link to ATAC's Metro Line A, Check the listing of stops on the left side of the page.

Currently seen on that left side are stops Spagna, Barberini and Repubblica "Temporaneamente Chiusa" (Temporarily Closed). Below is a screenshot of that:

Last edited by JBD; Jun 7, 2019 at 7:29 pm Reason: Tried to revise the title, but wasn't allowed. So I requested our Mod to pls revise it to "Closures on Rome's Metro Line A"
Old May 7, 2019, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Aw, geez! It wasn't a huge problem for me back in March, when this closure had just happened (walking to the Flaminio station wasn't too out of the way for me). But it will be a headache for me if this is still the case in June. Thanks for the update and the link. ^ I'll be sure to keep tabs on this.
Old May 7, 2019, 1:36 pm
JBD
Original Poster

The Spagna Metro stop is now opened

iapetus, prego. I had posted last night after reading recent articles that indicated that the closures could continue and could affect those reading this forum.

But - I just looked on ATAC's twitter feed, and the Spagna stop opened at 6pm tonight! However, the Barberini and Repubblica stops remain closed. I had actually considered the Barberini closure to be the one that could affect the most FTers, given the amount of hotels in the Via Veneto area, and given that the Waldorf Cavalieri shuttles its guests to Piazza Barberini. But I'm happy that our own iapetus is now in good shape.

After seeing the tweet I looked at the link I posted above, and that page is still showing the Spagna stop as closed. So I guess the best way to check the status of the other two stops is via ATAC's twitter feed: https://twitter.com/infoatac?lang=en

And here are the 2 recent articles I saw on the topic (both in Italian), note in the first article there's a picture of the metro closure with signs saying: "Una parola sola, vergogna. Roman people apologize to tourists"!

From "Corriere della Sera" dated May 6: https://roma.corriere.it/notizie/cro...?refresh_ce-cp

From "Il Messaggero", dated May 3: https://www.ilmessaggero.it/roma/new...a-4465675.html
obscure2k likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FWIW, one of my colleagues from Rome (I'm at a meeting in the US that they're attending) said the same thing just last night about the Spagna stop. ^
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:07 pm
JBD
Original Poster

As of today, June 7, 2019

Metro LIne A still has 2 closed stops, at Barberini and Repubblica

Also, maintenance work is now scheduled from June 8th to August 25th all along Line A which will result in closures during the weekends.

Here is an article from "Wanted in Rome" detailing it: Metro A works begin on 8 June and end on 25 August.

And here is a cut and paste showing the first dates of planned closures, the linked article shows further dates:

Sections of Rome's underground Metro A line will be closed at weekends in June and July, with more extended closures in August, to allow for maintenance works.

Rome mayor Virginia Raggi said the work had been "expected for years" and was necessary "to improve the service and guarantee greater safety for commuters."

The metro will be closed on the following dates, with substitute buses in operation:

On weekends from 8 June to 14 July, circulation will be interrupted between Subaugusta and Anagnina. Line A will remain in operation regularly on the Battistini-Subaugusta section.
[I've just added a wiki to this so the most current info will be up top, and I'll alert the mod to request the title of the thread to be revised]
Old Jun 8, 2019, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I really do hope that these closures are restricted to the weekend (not that I don't trust what was written), as that could be a major pain for me next week!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.