Wiki Posts
Search

Path of God

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2018, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold
Path of God

If we are going to drive to one of the starting points of the Path of God, are we going to walk back to the starting point (car park) again or is there a loop path where the end point is also the starting point?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:48 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
You end up in Positano, so yes, you can walk back, catch a bus to Agerola or, like I did, hitchhike your way up.

Hitch-hiking is perfectly safe in Amalfi coast and quite easy to get a lift.

Typically at the tiny bus stop just outside Positano on the main road, cars slow down significantly as there's a bend and you can try your luck there.
Or ask for the local bus.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Did some reading, and I think there's no way to get back to our car without going back the trail, or taking the bus. Checking trip times in Google Maps, it will take around 1.5hrs by bus from one end to the other, not counting the wait time for the bus.

We are 7 in the group, so hitching a ride will not be an option. And I'm not sure if buses will have enough room to fit us all at once. So I'm thinking of walking half way then turning back towards our car. If this will be the case, from which end should we start our trek?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:48 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
In reality you need 2 buses, changing in Amalfi and than catching the other one to Bomerano.

Always full in high season and quite unreliable due traffic I see they can be a royal pain.

Last option is taxi but good luck with them. Expensive and hard to find.

The last part of the path (starting from Bomerano) has tons of descending steps (they go on and on at least for half a hour), and no doubt would be more challenging on the way back, therefore I would start in Bomerano, walk until Nocelle, and then get back. This way you'll save the steps part without missing an inch of the view.

So without a doubt the starting point I advise is from the top.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Thank you.

That's what we're going to do. Start from Bomerano, walk to Nocelle, have lunch at Nocelle, then walk back again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.