Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting at MXP

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Connecting at MXP

I plan to book two separate tix and construct my own routing. At MXP I will be connecting from T1A to T1B, which implying exiting the Schengen Zone (I am EU citizen). I will be traveling with hand luggage only. So no need to recheck bags. My questions are:
1. Coming in from BCN on Iberia, would I have to go through security check again? Similar to FRA where they make you get screened again; or do i just get off the gate and airside...
2. Does MXP have "automated gates" for EU ePassports to exit Schengen at Terminal 1? Trying to figure out if the wait time would be more than 10 min.
Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by r3imagined
I plan to book two separate tix and construct my own routing. At MXP I will be connecting from T1A to T1B, which implying exiting the Schengen Zone (I am EU citizen). I will be traveling with hand luggage only. So no need to recheck bags. My questions are:
1. Coming in from BCN on Iberia, would I have to go through security check again? Similar to FRA where they make you get screened again; or do i just get off the gate and airside...
2. Does MXP have "automated gates" for EU ePassports to exit Schengen at Terminal 1? Trying to figure out if the wait time would be more than 10 min.
Thanks!
1. Someone with more recent experience may know better, but I think you do need to reclear security between T1A and T1B. You'll basically land in A on the domestic side, exit the airside part of the terminal, then reclear to go into B. I don't recall a walking airside connector.
2. I believe so, but I have a younger child who can't use them, so I haven't purposely looked in a while. I'm not sure that you'd wait more than 10 mins even if you can't use an e-gate.

Someone may come along with a more current answer, but that's what I think I recall.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
1. Someone with more recent experience may know better, but I think you do need to reclear security between T1A and T1B. You'll basically land in A on the domestic side, exit the airside part of the terminal, then reclear to go into B. I don't recall a walking airside connector.
2. I believe so, but I have a younger child who can't use them, so I haven't purposely looked in a while. I'm not sure that you'd wait more than 10 mins even if you can't use an e-gate.

Someone may come along with a more current answer, but that's what I think I recall.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.