Search

Taxi from residential address to FLR?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2016, 2:07 am
Jzo
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus Gold
Taxi from residential address to FLR?

Apologies if this has been addressed before--I did search before posting.

Can anyone recommend a reliable taxi company to get us to the airport to leave at 5 AM for a 6:30 flight? I wouldn't worry if we were staying at a hotel, but we are at a residential address at an Airbnb.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by Jzo
Apologies if this has been addressed before--I did search before posting.

Can anyone recommend a reliable taxi company to get us to the airport to leave at 5 AM for a 6:30 flight? I wouldn't worry if we were staying at a hotel, but we are at a residential address at an Airbnb.
Call the local florentine taxi company at 4:55 or ask your landlord whether radio-taxis can be booked the evening before. All taxi cooperatives in Italy are very reliable.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 8:04 am

Call ahead. The airport itself has good info listed for the companies - the numbers are kept up to date:

http://www.aeroporto.firenze.it/it/i...orti/taxi.html

Call the day prior and schedule the pickup.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 1:31 pm
Jzo
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus Gold
Thanks for the replies.

We had tried to call the two companies recommended by locals many times. They were either busy or had put us on hold for 20', after which we gave up. I think the two major companies are the same place with different numbers.

We mentioned this to some people we met after lunch, who had a similar experience because it is Fashion Week--no taxis available.

After that, both my wife and I tried to call and got through, but the dispatcher hung up on both of us. We saw some empty taxis around town and my wife had the great idea to approach a taxi driver to call the dispatcher, which worked. At least we are booked; we'll see if a taxi shows up in the morning.

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Call ahead. The airport itself has good info listed for the companies - the numbers are kept up to date:

http://www.aeroporto.firenze.it/it/i...orti/taxi.html

Call the day prior and schedule the pickup.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 12:41 pm

It's Pitti Uomo, I can imagine taxi's are at a premium

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.