Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two weeks in Italy -- too much?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: Alaska, United, Marriot
Originally Posted by detroit1010
First of all thanks for all of the information and tips.

As I previously said, we will be dropping off the car on a weekday at regular hours. That being said, it seems like that still doesn't guarantee someone will be there. Where did you find the rental company drop off location? I just checked the website and didn't see any mention of it. Just want to be prepared in case in comes to that...
I was told when I picked up the car that there was a public drop off lot nearby, but when I went to drop off the car, there were no such signs. I couldn't find any mention of a drop lot on their website either. It made for a very stressful hour. I recall tripadvisor or other forums and such have some info on it, because other people had run into the problem before.

I would suggest when you pick up the car, have a map of the drop off location and office, and have the agent pinpoint exactly where you need to drop it off in case the office is closed. Also, if there is a problem, you have a valid reason for dropping the car off where they told you.

Also, to drive the point home again, watch your speed. I saw many of the radar guns set up, and since its a vacation you dont want to receive your ticket in the mail months later. I havent received one yet from Italy... but I still have 6 months till im clear.

But all problems aside, I had a blast driving in Italy! They have decent signage and it was beautiful. The Fiat was fun driving around the curves and hills (i am one who enjoys that part). The other drivers were good and friendly- everyone seems to know they are driving on a smaller roads and spaces, and zipping around is the norm and they weren't jerks about it. Roll down the window and enjoy!
Old Mar 13, 2016, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Akcaver
I would suggest when you pick up the car, have a map of the drop off location and office, and have the agent pinpoint exactly where you need to drop it off in case the office is closed. Also, if there is a problem, you have a valid reason for dropping the car off where they told you.
The problem for us is we are picking up and dropping off in different spots so I'm not sure we can take your advice. I'm not sure the rental agents in Rome will know where the drop off location is in Florence, for example.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.