Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FCO to Trenitalia

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:33 am
Original Poster

FCO to Trenitalia

This December will be my first opportunity to try the Trenitalia service direct from FCO to Florence. While we usually fly directly into FLR, off-peak AA awards were too well priced to resist. So back to FCO, an airport that I haven't seen the inside of since 2011.

For a flight scheduled to land at 9:10AM, does 2 hours seem to be enough to collect luggage and get on the train (11:08 departure)? I'm thinking that should be fine, since it appears the Trenitalia service leaves from the same station as the Leonardo Express.

Whether I benefit at all from an EU passport or not will be at the whim of the official - my daughter and I have Italian passports, but my wife does not, so it's basically up to them as to whether all 3 of us get to use the EU line or not. Daughter is only 3, so we're not going to split up. Any recent experience on families going through passport control at FCO with a mix of EU and non-EU passports getting to all use the short line?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 6:10 am

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
This December will be my first opportunity to try the Trenitalia service direct from FCO to Florence. While we usually fly directly into FLR, off-peak AA awards were too well priced to resist. So back to FCO, an airport that I haven't seen the inside of since 2011.

For a flight scheduled to land at 9:10AM, does 2 hours seem to be enough to collect luggage and get on the train (11:08 departure)? I'm thinking that should be fine, since it appears the Trenitalia service leaves from the same station as the Leonardo Express.

Whether I benefit at all from an EU passport or not will be at the whim of the official - my daughter and I have Italian passports, but my wife does not, so it's basically up to them as to whether all 3 of us get to use the EU line or not. Daughter is only 3, so we're not going to split up. Any recent experience on families going through passport control at FCO with a mix of EU and non-EU passports getting to all use the short line?
This is old, unreliable memory, but I took my adult daughter with me to Venice in 2012. I have an Italian passport. She's an Italian citizen, but never bothered to get an Italian passport. She travels on a USA one. I don't remember any problem, at least going through EU passport control in Venice. If there was a problem, I'd probably remember getting on her about it.

Last edited by Perche; Aug 29, 2015 at 8:28 am
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:33 am
EMB

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Gold
I just took my goddaughter to Rome in early June. She has a US passport and I have an Italian one. We landed at 2pm. I went thru the non EU line with her and I really only remember waiting no more than 10 minutes. The seemed to be moving up the families with children to other quicker lines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.