Buying a TIM sim card at FCO ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying a TIM sim card at FCO ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2017, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Have just been on a short biz trip to Rome.
Got a 4GB + 1000 minutes voice prepaid package for 25 EUR. Bought at the airside TIM shop.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by mzzxx11
Have just been on a short biz trip to Rome.
Got a 4GB + 1000 minutes voice prepaid package for 25 EUR. Bought at the airside TIM shop.
that was my experience, but it was 100 minutes.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 3:40 pm

I just got 4GB data, 1000 minutes, 400 SMS for 10 euro. Saw other offers for 2 and 3 euro/mo to add 4gb of data between midnight and 0800/1200 respectively, but I didn't need the extra data. Pretty sure there was a 10GB for 40 euro as well.

If you need more data and will be in a city, check Vodafone, Wind and 3.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Was that TIM?
Old Feb 4, 2017, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Perche
Was that TIM?
Yup. I usually find these using the TIM app on the iphone, since Offerte Per Te is part of the app and you can activate from within usually. But the offers themselves are generally all here anyway:

https://www.tim.it/offerte/mobile

Just be wary of activation fees, and in some cases, deactivation fees. And don't forget to deactivate after your visit so that it doesn't keep charging you. On a prepaid SIM, it appears TIM will allow one transaction that brings you to a negative balance, which is kind of a pain if you want to reuse it next visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.