Wiki Posts
Search

"free" wifi in Rome....NOT

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2012, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ex-HHonors Diamond (now nothing), former AA EXP
"free" wifi in Rome....NOT

Apparently even if you go to McDonalds to take advantage of the free wifi, you will need an Italian cell phone to register.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I read something about doing this here. It looks like it is do-able, but may be a hassle to get set up.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: LH, BA, TK
It has to do with post 9/11 laws.

Everyone is requested to be identified to access the web.
Either at internet points or wifi connections.

As for now.
Internet in Italy is widespread well more that inaccurate article linked suggests.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: Virtuoso TA ●Ritz-Carlton STARS TA ●FSPP TA ●Dorchester Collection Diamond Club
This article might give some additional info on finding wi-fi in Rome. In many cases, yes - you will need an Italian mobile number to receive a confirmation SMS. But there are still many places to jump on. Living in Rome, we had to wait 7 weeks to get our internet hooked up so we got pretty good at "finding" wi-fi options.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 9:13 am
Suspended

If you want i can ship an Austrian Simcard in your Hotel
1GB -> 4€
10GB -> 9€
SuperFlat 100% Flat -> 15€
+ 9.90€/ Simcard
+ Shipping Coasts

There is no registration require. You need only a Stick/ Cellphone whit WCDMA (UMTS).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.