Reload this Page >

No passport stamp at FCO - is this new?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2012, 5:40 am

Programs: AA EXP 1mm; DL Plt; Marriott Gold; Hyatt something or other; Hilton Gold

They werent stamping anybody when i arrived ... just a scan, quick glance and arrivederci... leaving from FCO tho so only can assume they undeerstand each other!
Old Oct 25, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Is more likely that, as happens at US exit immigration, they do not stamp anymore the passport, due the passengers list the airline provide at the authorities.

Technically I don't have idea when and how it happens, but is the usual procedure I was told is in process at US airports, at least for those under the VWP.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: Miles & More
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
Is more likely that, as happens at US exit immigration, they do not stamp anymore the passport, due the passengers list the airline provide at the authorities.

Technically I don't have idea when and how it happens, but is the usual procedure I was told is in process at US airports, at least for those under the VWP.
They don't record entries and exits in Schengen except Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia and Spain, and even those countries only record it for the use of the country of entry.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Crazydre
They don't record entries and exits in Schengen except Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia and Spain, and even those countries only record it for the use of the country of entry.
What do you mean by recording entries and exits in the countries listed? For Greece, at least, I can assure you that there is no mechanism in place that could record that as there are zero controls at both sea ports and airports.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 5:17 am

Data point, arrived on Oct. 21, departed on Nov. 08. Passport was stamped both way at FCO.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 5:23 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by KLouis
What do you mean by recording entries and exits in the countries listed? For Greece, at least, I can assure you that there is no mechanism in place that could record that as there are zero controls at both sea ports and airports.
I think it was a reference to an APIS type system.

In terms of controls/passport stamping, my entries into and exits from the Schengen zone using various Greek airports and seaports have gotten my US passports stamped.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I think it was a reference to an APIS type system.

In terms of controls/passport stamping, my entries into and exits from the Schengen zone using various Greek airports and seaports have gotten my US passports stamped.
You're absolutely correct, Greece is indeed checking entries from, and exits into the non-Schengen area, like all other EU countries. What Crazydre wrote, though, was that Greece and the other coutries in his list checked travellers doing intra Schengen border crossings, which is wrong
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:14 pm

Programs: Miles & More
If entering or exiting the Schengen Area through Greece as a non-EU/EFTA national, your entry/exit gets electronically recorded. The Problem is that so many People Claim out of their rear Ends that it applies Schengen wide. "Oh, don't bother about stamps, they know when you entered/left"

You're absolutely correct, Greece is indeed checking entries from, and exits into the non-Schengen area, like all other EU countries. What Crazydre wrote, though, was that Greece and the other coutries in his list checked travellers doing intra Schengen border crossings, which is wrong
Sigh, you misunderstood me. Again, I meant at the external Schengen border

Originally Posted by Reindeerflame
Departing FCO for the US on Oct. 28, 2011, there was no passport stamp, even though I asked for one. No, we just do that for visas, was the polite response. I suppose I could have insisted, or asked for a supervisor.
That was a lie and illegal on that officer's part, and you should've asked for a Supervisor. If your next entry to the Schengen Area is through a strict Country, say Germany or the Netherlands, you will likely have problems

Last edited by Crazydre; Dec 18, 2017 at 11:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.