Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

3 more days in Rapolano Terme - suggestions for a family of 3?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2011, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak

My wife, toddler, and I are enjoying a few days in Rapolano Terme, near Siena. Mostly we're just noshing in Rapolano Terme, but what are other things we should do, either day-trip wise, or even in town?

I'm open because I just want to go to Bomarzo after this leg, and I'm happy to try out anything while in RTerme.

Thanks
Michael
Old Oct 5, 2011, 7:31 am

Programs: AA / DL / MB
Since you're gonig to Bomarzo afterwards, I think you have two great possibile routes to take. I'm not familiar with Rapolano Terme but there are some solid destinations along the way going south.

1) Head to Montalcino, San Quirico d'Orcia (stop in for lunch), and Montepulciano. You don't need to be a wine enthusiast, just a drinker to enjoy this trip. Spend a day and a half in the Montalcino area stopping at vineyards, driving through the countryside. Then head over to Montepulciano, having lunch in San Quirico on the way. After Montepulciano, head back onto the A1 south to Orvieto. Then you can head out to Bomarzo.

2) Head east on the Raccordo Autostradale Bettolle-Perugia (towards the A1, do not get on the A1) all the way to Perugia. Should be no more than an hour and a half. Spend a day in Perugia and a day in Assisi before heading south to Bomarzo.

I would take the first route because I love wine, that part of Toscana, and Orvieto is beautiful.

Enjoy!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.