Wiki Posts
Search

A321 neo 3-class configuration

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2023, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
A321 neo 3-class configuration

Thanks to ITA rebooking me to a flight that wasn’t suitable, I’ve ended up changing my LHR-FCO flight to a service operated by the new mid haul aircraft. I only discovered this when I went to book my seat.

Quite excited but there is more than a month to go!

priobagtag likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Some photos for those who are curious

https://www.theflightclub.it/2023/11...o-ita-airways/
Old Nov 13, 2023, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, ITA Executive
Does anyone know if this config will still be on FCO-LHR in January? Would love to try it out

Can't wait to hear your feedback, enjoy the flight!
Old Nov 13, 2023, 3:00 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

A preliminary seat map is now available on AeroLOPA.com. Preview below for your convenience

BA6501 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 3:06 am
Original Poster

A few photos. I have a video as well, but I need to figure out how to blur the other passenger’s faces first.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 12:29 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by ringingup

A few photos. I have a video as well, but I need to figure out how to blur the other passenger’s faces first.
Great pics. Beautiful looking plane. Very excited to be on it very soon to Cairo & back.

Will the meal service for Cairo have any extras and what not since its a bit longer than intra Europe flights? Also any idea if any bedding is provided? I am guessing not but for a 115am departure back to Rome I would set up bedding and sleep if it was avail.
ringingup likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Great pics. Beautiful looking plane. Very excited to be on it very soon to Cairo & back.
You will certainly enjoy it! Such a shame it didn't last long on LHR-FCO!

I really hope the meal to Cairo is better than the sandwiches I got on that flight :-D
Old Mar 9, 2024, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by ringingup
You will certainly enjoy it! Such a shame it didn't last long on LHR-FCO!

I really hope the meal to Cairo is better than the sandwiches I got on that flight :-D
You flew FCO/CAI and only got a sandwich? Or you mean to LHR it was a sandwich?

ITA meals look to be the best part of the experience since changing from Alitalia to ITA. The meals and the hard product on the new widebodies and this plane.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
You flew FCO/CAI and only got a sandwich? Or you mean to LHR it was a sandwich?
The latter
Old Mar 10, 2024, 10:28 am

ITA airways intra-Europe C meals are underwhelming. Cold sandwiches ? Really?

Old Mar 10, 2024, 1:09 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
ITA airways intra-Europe C meals are underwhelming. Cold sandwiches ? Really?

sandwiches are served on flights from Rome. when you fly to Italy you'll get a hot pasta dish.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
sandwiches are served on flights from Rome. when you fly to Italy you'll get a hot pasta dish.
Wow thats a huge help to know. I wanted to try their Hindu-Veg meal on one way either FCO-ZRH or the return so I will choose it for FCO to ZRH and then not select a special meal from Zurich and should get a hot pasta option.

Will the meal to/from Cairo be more of an elevated service and be a hot meal with a choice as well regardless of direction?
Old Mar 11, 2024, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
I flew twice to Italy from AMS since January (to LIN and AMS) and we had the sandwiches. Not sure if different for LHR?
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by jerry_greece
I flew twice to Italy from AMS since January (to LIN and AMS) and we had the sandwiches. Not sure if different for LHR?
Sorry you are saying to Rome or from Rome, wasnt sure b/c you said to LIN & AMS..

I would like to figure out as a first time ITA flyer what to expect. Like I have selected the Hindu-Veg meal fo FCO to ZRH but wont select a meal ZRH to FCO but I was doing this based on the comment above that I will get a hot pasta TO Rome.

A bit confused now.

Thanks.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 5:10 am

Yes apologies, I meant from AMS to LIN and FCO indeed. I am not sure how special meals are handled but if you want veggie then the sandwhiches and the salad are not for you. The person next to me on the AMS-FCO was vegetarian and they did not have an option for him (he didn't pre-order). On the other hand on one of my LIN-AMS flights, they had one special meal pre-ordered, they didn't know who was and had to ask everybody (and not sure they found them). Generally in a few flights i had since January i found the service inconsistent, since every cabin crew seemed to follow their own procedures. Last flight from to LIN to AMS had a nice crew that was very proactive in offering drinks by listing the options as well as limoncelo or grappa for the end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.