Search

where to credit ITA D ticket

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2023, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
where to credit ITA D ticket

Where is best to credit an ITA D class ticket
Im looked in Virgin Atlantic but couldn't see the rte and also have Delta but seems it money based

its NRT -FCO return

any advice appreciated
Old Aug 20, 2023, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by aussielori
Im looked in Virgin Atlantic but couldn't see the rte and also have Delta but seems it money based

its NRT -FCO return

any advice appreciated
D should be 200% with Virgin Atlantic? https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/u...a-airways.html

Edit: Ohh I don't see VA from the dropdown either.

Last edited by Soccerjoshj07; Aug 20, 2023 at 12:03 pm
Old Aug 20, 2023, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by aussielori

its NRT -FCO return

any advice appreciated
... you might be stuck with crediting it to ITA
Old Sep 5, 2023, 3:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I have just booked a trans-Atlantic ITA J (business) ticket through an OTA, and wanted to add my FlyingBlue or DL miles account numbers to my itinerary. I checked FB rules, it turns out FB accepts ITA mile credits ONLY if the ITA flight is marketed by KLM/AF. I then check Delta, it's the same, the ITA flight must be marketed by Delta in order to get DL mile credits. So, It looks like my upcoming ITA flight mile credits can only go to an ITA account, which yet to be created and will sure to be an orphan account.
I Googled ITA and Skyteam, apparently, the results show ITA's role in Skyteam is questionable. This is not nice. Who would think that an airline claims to be a member of an alliance, but do not fulfill member obligation and do not provide alliance benefit.I believe ST is also to be blamed, ST's quality is obviously way lagging behind SA. I feel I was fooled by ITA's ST logo, and will not fly with ITA anymore after this trip.
I am sharing my experience here so others won't repeat my mistake.

Last edited by AfterHour; Sep 5, 2023 at 4:59 pm
Old Sep 18, 2023, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
It always pays to check mileage earning BEFORE committing to buying a particular ticket.

ITA is in the process of being acquired by Lufthansa; this had been expected for quite some time and is presumably at least partly responsible for ITA's incomplete integration into Skyteam.

Depending on when your flight is , you should check again if there are any Star Alliance programmes into which you can earn miles.
IAN-UK likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by irishguy28
..... ITA's incomplete integration into Skyteam.
That's an elegant way of describing the situation. Others might use less generous terms of describing the Volare mess
AfterHour likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by irishguy28
It always pays to check mileage earning BEFORE committing to buying a particular ticket.

ITA is in the process of being acquired by Lufthansa; this had been expected for quite some time and is presumably at least partly responsible for ITA's incomplete integration into Skyteam.

Depending on when your flight is , you should check again if there are any Star Alliance programmes into which you can earn miles.
Google more on this, the deal has fell through.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
I credited to virgin Atlantic and pts are in
Old Sep 21, 2023, 3:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
No, I will not credit it to ITA, I would rather give it to WT*F Airways or any other airlines, because I am not going to fly with ITA anymore.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by AfterHour
Google more on this, the deal has fell through.
It has not; it is still awaiting approval from the European Commission, who may yet either block the deal entirely, approve the deal as-is, or require further remedies for approval.

Phase I takes up to 25 working days (5 weeks); when the outcome of Phase I is that a deeper investigation is needed, Phase II takes up to a further 90 working days (18 weeks) with extensions available, when required, for another 15 or 20 working days.

Even assuming that the Commission immediately opened Phase I on the day the deal was signed - Thursday May 25 - and that Phase II commenced immediately after Phase I, that would lead to Phase II ending on Thursday November 2.

Recently reported claims that the Commission is "blocking" the deal are therefore completely inaccurate and, at best, premature - but unsurprising given the source of such claims.

It was widely expected at the time of the deal that no outcome would be known until "at least the fall of 2023".

Originally Posted by Aviation Week
The deal is subject to regulatory approval by the European Commission (EC). Industry sources say an in-depth investigation is all but certain, which would delay approval and potential closing into at least the fall of 2023. EC conditions could also be so high that Lufthansa might still walk away. The expected so-called phase 2 investigation spurred a late disagreement over ITA pricing, which has now been settled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.