Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A330-900neo business best seats

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2023, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by newmanium
For privacy row 8 is set back from the others, however you have cabinets the flight attendants access next to you so can be a bit hectic. Didn't look like row 1 had any advantages to footwell size.

I found the footwell tight and the overall seat pretty close to the one in front. For the window seats, there's more room towards the outside of the plane than towards the aisle - such that I could only side sleep on one side (facing the outside of the plane). Only other irritation is the lack of air nozzles, guy in front was unleashing the worst farts and some fresh air was sorely missed. Overall I love the setup though, pretty comfortable. Food was fantastic.
Thanks for the update about row 1 footwells! I was really hoping they'd be full-width. It makes a big difference for me.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 4:07 pm

Is getting the neo completely random, or do they try to stick to a schedule? It seems like some future flights show with the neo, others without. Do they try to keep to the schedule? If I book one with regular 330, is there a chance I get the neo?
Old Dec 4, 2023, 9:56 am

What are the best window seats that have a better view? As we know, aerolopa is great but is not perfect when looking at window alignment.

We have a SEA-AMS in mid April and CDG-SEA in early May, both currently on a330-900neos.

I'm hoping to get the new one but I'm okay with the old one as long as I have a seat, and hopefully a window seat. Earlier this year my wife's plane changed from an a330 to an a330-900neo and then back to a330 after check in.

Last edited by pampa; Dec 4, 2023 at 5:57 pm
Old Dec 21, 2023, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by solomita
For solo flyers, the obvious choice would be the A or L seats, avoid row 1 and 8. For couple flyers, D+G or E+H are about the same, avoid row 2 and 7.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Having just flown this plane, I thought I'd let people know an extra detail, that the seats offset from the aisle are also better because the footwell is in a straight line ahead of the seat. The seats adjacent to aisles make you angle yourself a bit because there's a plastic barrier half-blocking straight in front of you.
Old May 10, 2024, 12:30 pm

Programs: SPG plat, SWA-list+
How was the flight, did you figure out whether Row 1 has extra leg room? We are a couple travelling on the SFO-FCO flight in August and trying to decide whether to sit in row 1 (E and H) or row 2 (D and G). Row 7 is also available but I don't believe that would have any advantages. Thanks!
Old May 10, 2024, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Row 1 was the same as the other rows. I found it pretty comfortable, except that they kept the cabin very warm. 78F.
Old May 10, 2024, 2:11 pm

Programs: SPG plat, SWA-list+
Thanks a lot. Was the proximity to the galley bothersome in row 1? That's the SeatGuru advice but it looks like there is only bathroom up front versus two in the back so I'm not sure why it would be very bothersome up front compared to the back.

That's too bad about the temp control - I just flew Iberia back from Spain and they also didn't have any temperature control above the seats. Way too hot!
Old May 10, 2024, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

dunno. we sat further back and i thought it was fine.
Old May 16, 2024, 6:38 am

Programs: ITA Executive
Row 1 was the same as the other rows. I found it pretty comfortable, except that they kept the cabin very warm. 78F.
Italians seem to prefer higher cabin temps. I'm always amazed how many Italians wear overcoats on flights, when I'm in shirtsleeves! As someone who is always hot, it's annoying.

Last summer I flew a domestic segment with United and was impressed when, just before we disembarked, the cabin manager came on the intercom and asked everyone to close the window blinds "to keep the aircraft temperature cool for the next set of travellers". Never experienced that level of thoughtfulness before! To get back on topic, on numerous occasions I've boarded an ITA (or previously Alitalia) flight which had been sitting in the sun for a while and was baking hot, with the aircon not switched on until just before taxiing started.
Old Jul 17, 2024, 7:25 am

Recent SFO<>FCO in business on the 330neo paid. Bulkhead seats do have more room within the foot area and appear to have slightly more length/storage space. The biggest increase seemed to be in 1J (footwell is very wide) - however, downside is that it is aisle side so you look directly into the galley. In general I find the foot well of the Vantage XL to be cramped (particularly vertically), so I would personally opt for the wider ones in the bulkhead + aisle side and give up the privacy. There is only 1 lav in the front and it’s on the far forward and opposite side as 1J. There is a decent amount of storage between the bulkhead biz seats and the actual goings on in the galley which makes for less intrusion (e.g., vibrations and noise) than some designs.

There are no dedicated air vents. We brought mini USB fans which work great given the location of the outlets.

For the price, this is a solid biz option to IT with a newer hard product, adequate soft products, and decent food and service. I’d go so far as to say that if I was forced to transfer in Europe, I’d consider flying ITA biz as the long haul.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.