Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare
Reload this Page >

Brand new ‘Hangar’ ITA lounge opening today at Rome FCO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2023, 12:58 am
Original Poster

The brand new ‘Hangar’ ITA lounge will open today to passengers at Rome Fiumicino Terminal 1 (Schengen). Features the new brand identity of the airline. Looks quite nice and very modern:

https://www.theflightclub.it/2023/04...a-airways/amp/

Impressive they have a full service bar with an extensive Italian coffee menu (including moka coffee!) / no automatic coffee machines at all, a Campari bar and a hot kitchen with chefs.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 10:11 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
About time, frankly the old Schengen lounge (in the old part of the terminal) was not quite up to what you may expect.
Lefly and jumpallover like this.
Old May 1, 2023, 10:32 am

Hi all,

I have been there and regretfully i have to say that showers are not available at the moment.

Same for meeting room.

They have opened the lounge but it is not finished.

Typically Italian.

Lounge is nice, but i see it small for FCO airport.

Been FCO the hub for Ita, a bigger lounge would be appreciated.
I am afraid that it will be crowded quite often.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 6:37 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I quite liked the "Hanger" lounge during a three-hour layover between FCO and VCE (thanks Trenitalia!).

Bright and airy, a range of seating, and a decent selection of both food and drink (wines, spirits and coffee). I get that it might be a bit small for the number of pax flowing through FCO, but it wasn't that bad when I was there midday.

I don't fly ITA very often, but I thought the lounge was actually quite good and would go back.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 5:18 am
Original Poster

I spent 3+ hours at the lounge earlier this week. Found it very modern and stylish. Food selection could be improved but the quality is high (very fresh ingredients too), somehow breaths / screams Made In Italy. Drinks selection is great, the guys at the Campari bar are very nice and friendly, ready to prepare any cocktail you may want. Loved the Italian coffee menu. Overall, a great ambience with a great modern touch. Not too big though, but pretty quiet when I was there. Well-done ITA!
Old Jul 21, 2023, 10:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I passed through a couple of days ago for the first time. Nice look, lot of tables and chairs, nice bar, but they should really try harder with the food offering. No real hot food, meat is only cold cuts, no snacks... I mean, even the Turin lounge - a third party lounge - has better choices with often regional plates on offer.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL Platinum/SkyTeam Elite Plus
Do I have access to this lounge at FCO flying business on AF or KLM at FCO?
Old Sep 3, 2023, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by FreqTrav27
Do I have access to this lounge at FCO flying business on AF or KLM at FCO?
unfortunately, no. Plaza Premium lounge is used by AFKL.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 1:40 am

Programs: FB
Originally Posted by Lefly
I passed through a couple of days ago for the first time. Nice look, lot of tables and chairs, nice bar, but they should really try harder with the food offering. No real hot food, meat is only cold cuts, no snacks... I mean, even the Turin lounge - a third party lounge - has better choices with often regional plates on offer.
That was my experience. Tried one of the red wines (a Cab Franc) - it was madeirized. So I had a cocktail instead: delicious. Coffee was nice too. The food? Starches and slices.
Of course it was better than the intra-Europe J tray I got, which was completely soaked in water. When I pointed this out to the FA, she scolded me for not telling her immediately. Indeed, I'm sorry she didn't check the condition of the food before serving it and hurrying away before I could notice.
In any case, it looked about as good as the snacks they give you on the Freccie "Business" lines.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 5:12 pm

We will be transferring at FCO from JFK-FCO to a TRN Flight -- we purchased the "Executive" ticket on the TRN flight....are we able to go to the Hangar Lounge?

Thanks
Old Mar 3, 2024, 1:45 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Does this lounge have the full food set up how the Piazza di Spagna has? With the pastas & good looking pizzas.. Also, are there showers? I thought ITA did not have any lounges with showers at FCO but I see above talk of showers. Sky Team site shows no showers for this one but just for the di Spagna lounge although a recent blog report I read seemed to contradict that saying there are no showers at either lounge.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 5:24 am

We only used the Piazza di Spagna lounge.... did not see any showers.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 2:56 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Does this lounge have the full food set up how the Piazza di Spagna has? With the pastas & good looking pizzas.. Also, are there showers? I thought ITA did not have any lounges with showers at FCO but I see above talk of showers. Sky Team site shows no showers for this one but just for the di Spagna lounge although a recent blog report I read seemed to contradict that saying there are no showers at either lounge.
you are dreaming regarding food - there is no self service, just a bar where you can order drinks (also alcoholic cocktails if that matters) and grab something from the buffet (in the afternoon there was just a flavorless pasta salad, a little variety at a salad buffet, a few antipasti and one or two mini deserts you could order. the hangar lounge has no similarities to the lounge in the non-schengen lounges. the design is nice, but in case you are hungry better go to the food court.
food selection was way better in the old crampy lounge.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 3:24 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
you are dreaming regarding food - there is no self service, just a bar where you can order drinks (also alcoholic cocktails if that matters) and grab something from the buffet (in the afternoon there was just a flavorless pasta salad, a little variety at a salad buffet, a few antipasti and one or two mini deserts you could order. the hangar lounge has no similarities to the lounge in the non-schengen lounges. the design is nice, but in case you are hungry better go to the food court.
food selection was way better in the old crampy lounge.
Shoot it looks very nice from what I can see. Bummer about the food though.. Can I walk over to T3 and use the ITA lounge there that has the good looking food or I will not be allowed to enter T3? My flight is to ZRH.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 5:12 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Shoot it looks very nice from what I can see. Bummer about the food though.. Can I walk over to T3 and use the ITA lounge there that has the good looking food or I will not be allowed to enter T3? My flight is to ZRH.
you can try to walk to T3 - but you have to pass passport control. you might get rejected when you don't have a boarding pass that has a flight departing from the non-schengen area. it could work out through the automated passport gates but then the lounge staff might direct you to the hangar lounge ("you should use the lounge closer to your departure gate")

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.