Search

Lounge access in Rome airport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2022, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBD , FBG
Lounge access in Rome airport

Ciao!

I am KLM gold member in sky team. Tomorrow myself and a colleague are flying from Rome to Amsterdam in Economy. Will I have access to both him and I in the ITA lounge in Rome airport?

Grazie!
Old May 21, 2022, 4:45 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
I'm not sure if you got lounge access or not but I have just had the below email from ITA....
Dear Member, Last 19 May the new boarding area A for Schengen and domestic flights was inaugurated in Rome at Leonardo da Vinci Airport. At the moment the area does not offer any airline lounge, but we are working to be able to welcome you soon in a dedicated area when you will travel from the new pier. In the meantime we would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused and we would like to offer you 15% additional points when you fly from Rome or when you are in transit from Rome to domestic and Schengen destinations.
Only booked ITA LHR-FLR via Rome to enjoy the experience. It has already turned into LHR-LIN-FCO-FLR on the way and now no lounge access very tempting to just pull the plug completely.
Old May 21, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
They are trying really hard to lose people. With me & my husband they definitely succeeded. He got one last booking, and they screwed up that too with this lounge mess.
At least give out a voucher like more serious airlines... not just a handful of useless points.
yellow_peril likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: ITA Executive
Interesting. I flew a solitary FCO-LIN segment on 8 May, having not been through FCO since pre-Covid (probably late 2019). Was puzzled why the flight was leaving from an E gate, but pleasantly surprised that I could access the Piazza di Spagna lounge bang opposite. I guess this was all just temporary while the Boarding Area A was being completed. Very poor not to have any lounge ready on inauguration.
yellow_peril likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 11:01 pm

So just to confirm Superior (I class) domestic / Sky Team Elite Plus no lounge access in mid-June FCO-VCE?
Old May 24, 2022, 3:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Gold
Access/Transiting within the Terminals

Hello all

I was wondering if you can use the ITA Lounge “Piazza di Spagna” (close to gate E11) when flying from A-gates (Schengen/Domestic)?

Granted you have enough time to walk back and forth including possible additional security checks, is this feasible or would you end up crossing a non-accessible Schengen/Non-Schengen zone?
Happy to hear from your experience and feedback. Thanks.
Old May 24, 2022, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by euromountain
Hello all

I was wondering if you can use the ITA Lounge “Piazza di Spagna” (close to gate E11) when flying from A-gates (Schengen/Domestic)?

Granted you have enough time to walk back and forth including possible additional security checks, is this feasible or would you end up crossing a non-accessible Schengen/Non-Schengen zone?
Happy to hear from your experience and feedback. Thanks.
If you're arriving from outside Schengen I guess you could stop off in Piazza di Spagna before you go through passport control. If you're leaving from Rome and flying domestically/within Schengen then to get to Piazza di Spagna would require going through passport control twice. If you can use the electronic passport gates then this would be possible, but it's a hell of a hike there and back. Mind you if you had enough time, why not?
Old May 26, 2022, 11:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
Well, just pressed the big cancel button on my booking, final straw was 11:10am departure from FLR being pushed forward to 06:35 so 6 hours transit in Rome with no lounge.

Just booked BA direct to Bologna and will jump on the train to Florence.

Oh well ITA, we had a great run of many schedule changes and flight cancellations and I can't see myself flying you any time again soon. It makes me nostalgic for Meridiana so thinks must be bad!!
hugolover and Lefly like this.
Old May 28, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL Platinum/SkyTeam Elite Plus
I checked on the ITA website and it says one can access the lounge being Skyteam Elite Plus on international routes. Is this accurate?
I am flying on Delta to New York in economy class
Old Jun 2, 2022, 3:40 pm

"We wish to inform you that by the end of June we will be able to welcome you to a dedicated lounge each time you depart from the new Boarding Area A at Rome Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci airport".

So, it's coming....
Old Jul 5, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: DL Plat / QR Silver
Originally Posted by fasteddie1971

"We wish to inform you that by the end of June we will be able to welcome you to a dedicated lounge each time you depart from the new Boarding Area A at Rome Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci airport".

So, it's coming....
Can confirm that this lounge is now open, Piazza di Venezia. It’s accessible to schengen-area passengers but it’s not actually in the new boarding area, but near gates A1 - A10. It’s still quite a hike to the new pier from there. In addition, only passengers with ITA boarding passes are accepted, and not ST elite plus with AF/KLM boarding passes, for example.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Im flying VCE-FCO-AMS next week. Anyone can share their experience jn the lounge? How’s the food? Is it still bar concept with staff serving wine or is it self serve? What’s the food offer mid afternoon? As yummy as the non Schengen lounge?
Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:41 am

I am flying AMS-FCO-BRI Ok 17 JUL as FB Platinum. Is there lounge access and which lounge?
Old Aug 25, 2022, 8:25 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Can anyone share recent experiences? Flying NAP-FCO-GOA in a few weeks, in Economy, and would like to know if 1) Lounge will be offered due to DL Status and 2) Lounge experience in general.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SDQBound
Can anyone share recent experiences? Flying NAP-FCO-GOA in a few weeks, in Economy, and would like to know if 1) Lounge will be offered due to DL Status and 2) Lounge experience in general.
independently of ITA Volare saga and problems of recognition between Skyteam airlines, if you are on a pure domestic itinerary without same day international connection, you shouldn’t have lounge access with DL credentials, as per ST rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.