Wiki Posts
Search

FCO Domestic Lounge Is Open

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2022, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
FCO Domestic Lounge Is Open

I am happy to report that the new ITA lounge at FCO is open as of this morning. This in the old AZ space near E8. They have done a nice remodel.

Access is tricky. If you are ST Elite and connecting from an international SkyTeam flight then no problem. If you are trying to access as a Volare Executive then you need to show your confirmation email from ITA as they have not issued credentials yet. Yes, the one you got in October.

Side note - being Executive also means agents can waive the fee to change your seat. When I asked as a ST elite they refused to do it.

ITA appears to have also moved almost all domestic flights to the E concourse as of this morning.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 3:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
On the italian website they claim lounges in FCO;LIN and TRN are now open to :
  • Passeggeri di Business Class;
  • Soci Premium ed Executive del programma Volare;
  • Soci Elite Plus di SkyTeam.
Link: https://www.itaspa.com/it_it/fly-ita...s/lounges.html

Apparently no lounge access in both CDG and ORY
Old Jan 17, 2022, 5:12 am

Programs: ITA Executive
Originally Posted by AurelAF96
Apparently no lounge access in both CDG and ORY
Or London Heathrow.......Grrr....!
Old Jan 22, 2022, 6:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by seattleBH
I am happy to report that the new ITA lounge at FCO is open as of this morning. This in the old AZ space near E8. They have done a nice remodel.

Access is tricky. If you are ST Elite and connecting from an international SkyTeam flight then no problem. If you are trying to access as a Volare Executive then you need to show your confirmation email from ITA as they have not issued credentials yet. Yes, the one you got in October.

Side note - being Executive also means agents can waive the fee to change your seat. When I asked as a ST elite they refused to do it.

ITA appears to have also moved almost all domestic flights to the E concourse as of this morning.
Do you mean SkyTeam Elite or ElitePlus? ElitePlus (DL GM+ at 50,000 status miles per year) has always been the SkyTeam requirement for lounge access, not just Elite (which corresponds to the lowest level on DL, FO at 25,000 status miles or 30 segments per year).
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Quick question. I am flying from Fiumicino to London on Sunday. I am on a hand baggage only fare. If I am Volare Executive (Skyteam Elite Plus), am I going to get a free check-in bag?
Old Feb 10, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by umbyboy
Quick question. I am flying from Fiumicino to London on Sunday. I am on a hand baggage only fare. If I am Volare Executive (Skyteam Elite Plus), am I going to get a free check-in bag?
I have no clue but please, report back if you can.
I've been unable to find any hint regarding baggage allowances with status on ITA (non surprising)
Old Feb 11, 2022, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by Lefly
I have no clue but please, report back if you can.
I've been unable to find any hint regarding baggage allowances with status on ITA (non surprising)
Will let you know .
Lefly likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 7:55 am

Will let you know .
I called the Italian call center and they confirmed that I do get a free bag at check-in.
Lefly likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I called the Italian call center and they confirmed that I do get a free bag at check-in.
Good if true, but the real proof will be at check-in. Call me biased, I don't really trust an Italian call center
yellow_peril likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.