Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

CP London (City/Blackfriars) Master Thread (becomes Hyatt Regency on March 01, 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Crowne Plaza London City

19 New Bridge St,
London, EC4V 6DB, United Kingdom
Mail: loncy.info [@] ihg.com
Tel: +44 871 9429190
Fax: +44 207 4388080

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hote...cy/hoteldetail

Link to location:
Google Maps

Next tube / subway station:
Blackfriars Station served by Circle Line and District Line

Older post of this hotel:
Archive Thread
Print Wikipost

CP London (City/Blackfriars) Master Thread (becomes Hyatt Regency on March 01, 2022)

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2012, 5:55 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
My last stay was over a weekend and the club lounge was open, didn't stay Sunday night but it was certainly open for Sunday breakfast, pretty sure it's 7 days a week though.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:55 am

CP London the City - upgrades/status recognition?

Hi All

I am just wondering if anyone on here has stayed at Crowne PLaza London the City recently? Also was just wondering if this hotel offers upgrades etc?
I am a Platinum Ambassador and just wondered if they recognise status?
Any information or advice would be appreciated
Thanks
Larni
Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, PC Plat, HH Diamond
I was there last month on points. I sent a mail asking if I could leave bags as I would be there early, and confirmed my status. I arrived well before noon and not only was I able to check in, but I got upgraded to exec room plus lounge access. Very pleasant it was too.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Blue, Priority Club Plat (again!), Marriott Rewards Gold
Seem to get an exec room no problem however, access to the actual lounge is rare.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ht=London+city

Old Jul 24, 2012, 7:27 am

Thanks so much for the replies!
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: Priority CLub Platinum
Have stayed there a few times, usually on heavily discounted offer rates, and have always been upgraded to club access, either with a club room, or an exec corner room.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
How would one get heavily discounted rates? Tried corp rates and all but the prices are still really high. Planning to visit first week Nov.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:51 am

Special offers, like the Olympic rates for £20.12 a night
Old Jul 26, 2012, 4:23 am

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, iPrefer Gold
Olympic rate...

Hi - how does one get hold of such cheap olympics rates...? If there's been a thread on this - apologies!

Also - re this hotel. I stay there a lot so get good customer service (upgrade and lounge every time, and free internet). Splendid property with great staff.

I know a guy who is a Platinum, and stays there infrequently. His upgrade is normally assured, but he often has to fight for club lounge, but usually gets received access in the end.

RB
Old Jul 26, 2012, 4:29 am

The Olympic rates were special 24 hour sales around Christmas/New Year time over the past couple of years, for mostly UK Holiday Inn properties, but some CPs were on the list too. They are not ongoing rates, and were apparently cheaper than shareholder rates.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
I booked three nights on award, and was upgraded to a Club room. This was right after the Diamond Jubilee in early June
Old Aug 6, 2012, 4:23 am

Unhappy

I stayed at Crowne Plaza London - The City (worst name for a hotel ever! For the avoidance of doubt: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/crownep...cy/hoteldetail) on a Wednesday night during the Olympics. Hotel was OK, and in a good location, but not a very 'special' experience. Hotel was booked with points, and I'm Platinum. On arrival I was told that I was upgraded to a Club Room. But they were full, so no access to the club lounge. And no complimentary breakfast either. Seems strange that they have a club lounge that's too small to serve all of the club rooms!

Room we were given was on the 7th floor. Fairly quiet, but the view from the window was of an interior wall about 2m from the window!

My experience there was similar to several other experiences recently in IC Group hotels. They just don't seem to care about status or frequent bookings, especially compared to the greeting/perks you get as a Diamond/Platinum status Hilton or Marriott customer. Once I've used up the points I have in my account I'll be avoiding IC hotels where possible in future.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: IHG
New Upgrade of In Room Bars

Quote from letter in Club Room, 13 January 2013:

I am delighted to share with you that we are upgrading your in room mini bar this week.

These new units will be state of the art, which we believe will markedly improve the enjoyment and convenience of this popular in room facility.

Installation will take place between 14 and 18 January.... The new SmartCube bar will be stocked with new and interesting items for your convenience and enjoyment...
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by midnight
Quote from letter in Club Room, 13 January 2013:

I am delighted to share with you that we are upgrading your in room mini bar this week.

These new units will be state of the art, which we believe will markedly improve the enjoyment and convenience of this popular in room facility.

Installation will take place between 14 and 18 January.... The new SmartCube bar will be stocked with new and interesting items for your convenience and enjoyment...
i LOVE this hotel best by far! always get upgraded club lounge open until midnight... you can use ps3 - they have about 6! They have board games. Hot food canapes, 24 hour gym i could go on and on!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.