Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2009, 9:27 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by navatwal
I have used the Friends and Family Rate a few times at IC Park Lane, you do get the points for the stay and you can use a BOGOF.
Btw, another data point to show that it's important to contact the hotel to see if they honor benefits: I just got a message from the IC London that they do not accept BOGOs or honor RA benefits on the F&F rate. Looks like they changed their mind since your stay (or I got a bad agent).
Old Dec 10, 2009, 11:48 pm

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
@adder: Good question and one I've wondered myself. Fairmont extended their F&F program to March 2010 so I won't be surprised to see IHG follow suit. However, my guess would be no since the latest IHG reports showed growth in business during the 2nd half of 2009 so they don't have a big incentive to continue this program.

That being said, I have made a couple of bookings that I normally wouldn't due to the great F&F rates, so the program does work.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 10:16 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I was trying to pull up a reservation for Jan 2-5 in NYC. Seemed to continue to show this rate. Hmmm, thinking about going ahead and booking it, I mean, it IS a prepay they WILL have taken my money - what is the downside?
Old Dec 17, 2009, 12:06 am
ls

Programs: MR PLT, HLT DIA
same here, got :
There are no rooms available for your requested travel criteria. Please consider either modifying your requirements or searching alternate hotels.

Originally Posted by tcook052
Many thanks. My KIX CP Nov. stay now not available at F&F rate. Guess I waited too long to book... <sigh>
Old Dec 23, 2009, 6:34 am

Programs: IC RA
Has the friends and family rate been updated

Been lurking on this site for a while so this is my first post.

Have noticed the friends and family rate (I use the Steve Sickel link) has now changed. It used to say you have to book by 31st December 2009, there is now no date on it so I'm assuming that you will be able to book after this date, I also looked at booking in Dubai for next December and it was giving me a really good rate so hopefully this F&F rate will continue...

thanks.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by torcross
Have noticed the friends and family rate (I use the Steve Sickel link) has now changed. It used to say you have to book by 31st December 2009, there is now no date on it so I'm assuming that you will be able to book after this date
Nice work torcross! I took a further look at the Steve Sickle link and the PDF voucher seems to have been updated. The file name is now FF_Voucher_121609_En.pdf which suggests it was updated on Dec 16. Furthermore, there is no longer any mention on the PDF voucher that the program expires on Dec 31 whereas it used to. This does seem to strongly suggest that IHG is indefinitely extending the F&F program but wants the flexibility to retract it at any time (hence the lack of expiry date).
Old Dec 24, 2009, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by mister__big
Nice work torcross! I took a further look at the Steve Sickle link and the PDF voucher seems to have been updated. The file name is now FF_Voucher_121609_En.pdf which suggests it was updated on Dec 16. Furthermore, there is no longer any mention on the PDF voucher that the program expires on Dec 31 whereas it used to. This does seem to strongly suggest that IHG is indefinitely extending the F&F program but wants the flexibility to retract it at any time (hence the lack of expiry date).
We live in hope. Happy christmas everyone
Old Dec 24, 2009, 11:12 am

Thank you for nice post and info on update. It is too bad that some hotels choose not to participate / honor certain codes.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 8:18 pm

It is a very nice rate, as I have used it twice. However, I do miss the points which can be a major detractor. I am thinking I am going to use a full rate next time, depending on price. Also, I am sure the more mainstream the rate becomes, the less attractive the discount will be.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 9:09 pm

@antonius66: If you are staying for 2 or more consecutive nights, you can buy 1 night at best flexible and the other nights at F&F rate and you will get the points. The only thing is you will only receive 1 qualifying night.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 12:27 am

Hmm so make 2 reservations, back to back? If staying in an IC though, wouldn't that only give you 1 night towards the Amb Accelerator? Better than nothing though.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by antonius66
Hmm so make 2 reservations, back to back? If staying in an IC though, wouldn't that only give you 1 night towards the Amb Accelerator? Better than nothing though.
Exactly, that's what I do in more expensive ICs to bring down the per night cost to a finance dep't friendly level
Another way is using 2-4-1 rates, if there's one at the hotel. They often post as 2 qualifying nights.

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Dec 26, 2009 at 7:44 am
Old Dec 26, 2009, 12:34 pm

Programs: CXAM BAEC
Originally Posted by adder
We live in hope. Happy christmas everyone
First time to book with FF rate today and I did it with Cassandra's link. Can someone help to explain:

1. The voucher I print out only requires the employee's name, is this the updated version?

2. On the voucher, should I put down Cassandra's name or my friend's name who's actually working with ICH group?

Thanks in advance for any advises.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 9:59 am

@Sohoboy: The voucher should only require the employee's name, the location of the IC and the date. You can put down anybody's name as long as they work for IHG. You don't even have to know them personally, it's not like the hotel will quiz you about the person.

FWIW, I've stayed at 2 different ICs using the F&F rate and I've never been asked for the voucher. But it's good to have it upon check in just in case.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 10:40 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mister__big
FWIW, I've stayed at 2 different ICs using the F&F rate and I've never been asked for the voucher.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.