Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Warsaw Master Thread - after January 01, 2011 [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: NW, UA
Originally Posted by Fanjet
My heart has been broken. My trust has been voilated. Just as I had suspected on my last stay, the Elemis toiletries are replacing thw WLLT ones. This is my first experience with Elemis, and I hate it .
I hope you'll take a few moments and write IC. Elemis has been one of my very few gripes with IC lately. The cheap made in china crap doesn't belong in IC rooms.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
What does wllt stand for
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
We live like this (tm) made in China (tm)(r)(sm)
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldexpress
I hope you'll take a few moments and write IC. Elemis has been one of my very few gripes with IC lately. The cheap made in china crap doesn't belong in IC rooms.
I think WLLT is made in China and Elemis is made in Eastern Europe somewhere, but I could be wrong. (I don't like Elemis, either.)
Old Sep 25, 2011, 1:45 pm

I checked-out today. The lounge was really packed Friday night, but all right on Saturday (for breakfast and dinner). I was talking to a couple from the States there Friday, and they said they were offered the upgrade at check-in. I didn't ask for how much though. My past offers were for 30 Euros. They said they took up the offer because they were getting such a good deal on the rate (75 Euros per night). I didn't have the heart to tell them that was what I was paying for both nights combined. As for Elemis... it smells like what some of the European Hyatts use at their hotels. It's made more for a female IMO. And the guys like the WLLT scent as well. I've gotten the "wow, your hair smells really nice" a few times. And if the dudes like it, and it helps me "seal the deal", then Warsaw, we've got a problem .
I got a bit higher 241 rate earlier, so overpaid too. Next time try to ask for a downgraded regular room and see if there's WLLT there :-).

Originally Posted by soitgoes
I think WLLT is made in China and Elemis is made in Eastern Europe somewhere, but I could be wrong. (I don't like Elemis, either.)
Czech Republic, close enough to China People's Republic, just around the here be dragons land :-).
Old Sep 25, 2011, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Lack
I got a bit higher 241 rate earlier, so overpaid too. Next time try to ask for a downgraded regular room and see if there's WLLT there :-)
Did you start your stay on Friday? Because when I was initially planning this trip, the 2-4-1 rate was either 42,50 or 45,00 per night ( I was paying 37,50 per night for my stays prior to the end of August). But I waited a couple of weeks before booking anything, and when I went back to book it, the rate dropped down to 37,50 per night. I was very happy. But it still doesn't make up for the loss of my WLLT products !!

And maybe in the future, I should just stick with the upgraded room and ask to see if housekeeping could bring me the WLLT products instead . I actually wonder what the standard rooms look like inside. I've always gotten an eastern-facing corner room, on the NE corner. But this time I had a SE corner room. And although they're the same size ( I did the fire exit map reference), the SE corner rooms seem smaller because of the layout having the bathroom be at the end of the entry way. But the extra (south facing) window was nice, even though I was just staring at the Marriott logo from the view.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:10 am

Did you start your stay on Friday? Because when I was initially planning this trip, the 2-4-1 rate was either 42,50 or 45,00 per night ( I was paying 37,50 per night for my stays prior to the end of August). But I waited a couple of weeks before booking anything, and when I went back to book it, the rate dropped down to 37,50 per night. I was very happy. But it still doesn't make up for the loss of my WLLT products !!
Exactly. I knew I had to stay there, and the availability was spotty a couple weeks out, so when 241 became avail I took it even for 42,5. Checking rates on friday showed 35. I think it's a great deal even with a regular weekend rate, so I don't complain.

And maybe in the future, I should just stick with the upgraded room and ask to see if housekeeping could bring me the WLLT products instead . I actually wonder what the standard rooms look like inside. I've always gotten an eastern-facing corner room, on the NE corner. But this time I had a SE corner room. And although they're the same size ( I did the fire exit map reference), the SE corner rooms seem smaller because of the layout having the bathroom be at the end of the entry way. But the extra (south facing) window was nice, even though I was just staring at the Marriott logo from the view.
I think the layout is pretty standard across the board - just the floor height and club access differ. Their website says deluxe rooms are bit bigger, so I guess those are the corner ones (bathroom with a view).
Old Sep 26, 2011, 2:47 am

Programs: PC
Was there on two reward stays last week, both times got upgraded to a Junior Suite as Plat Amb, there they also have the Elemis stuff, the missus seems to enjoy it well enough
Old Sep 27, 2011, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Lack
Their website says deluxe rooms are bit bigger, so I guess those are the corner ones (bathroom with a view).
The "premium" rooms are xx08 and xx11, fronting onto the Culture Tower. 08's are larger, more efficient in terms of space, 11's are the ones with window in the bathroom and the side window looking towards the Marriot. There are full suites at the other corners, including on some floors a mammoth affair with kitchen(ette).

The club used to get very full because some of the apartments in the building included access. I thought these had faded away, but perhaps not...
Old Sep 27, 2011, 3:27 am

Stayed 2 nights using the free night cert in a club room, the total bill coming to 135euro, which I thought was good value. I know we could have booked the 2 for 1, but the cert had to be used and we also wanted to book a club room. We were given a premium room xx11, which we were very pleased with. In the room was a bottle of red wine and some fruit. We had a great stay. The club room was relaxed and plenty of food available. (although there was an RA in the lounge (or his wife I should say) who continually asked for food and drink that were not available. The reason I know he was a RA was that he mentioned it in every other sentence and you could not help to overhear).
Old Sep 27, 2011, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The club used to get very full because some of the apartments in the building included access. I thought these had faded away, but perhaps not...
I guess it's all a matter of contract on the apartments. I stayed twice during the summer and the club was usually pretty empty, and even closed on the weekends for breakfast.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 8:40 pm

Programs: NW, UA
Originally Posted by soitgoes
I made a point to check out the Elemis labels on my stays since this debate started.

The Elemis soap used at O'Hare IC was made in China and the ones at HK IC, interestingly, were from Poland.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by worldexpress
I made a point to check out the Elemis labels on my stays since this debate started.

The Elemis soap used at O'Hare IC was made in China and the ones at HK IC, interestingly, were from Poland.
How can we tell if the product itself is made in China or maybe only the container of the product is made in China.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:05 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
I thing both liquid and container made in China - but assembled in EU

Last edited by olegator; Oct 5, 2011 at 10:05 am Reason: Mental Disorder
Old Oct 8, 2011, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
How can we tell if the product itself is made in China or maybe only the container of the product is made in China.
Looking at the containers I still have from the IC Warsaw, the thicker plastic containers of WLLT are made in China. The smaller ones with the squirt-top lids (which they use for stayover housekeeping service) are made in the Czech Republic. The oddity is that both sizes hold the same volume-- 30ml. The sopas are made in France. I do like the thicker plastic containers because I can clean them out and re-use them with my own stuff. However, I do like the notion of my WLLT products not having anti-freeze in them. What a dilemma!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.