Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Warsaw Master Thread - after January 01, 2011 [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2012, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Fanjet
Yes. Maybe 250-300 ml. Basically for a large single serving. As for the fruit plate, I also stayed at the Radisson Sobieski before switching over to the IC on Friday, and the fruit plate there had an apple, tangerine, kiwi, grapes, and a banana. So I know that variety can still be done in wintertime Warsaw.
Last month it was still the normal sized "falling star" red or whatever it's called.
Obviously variety isn't a problem, just saying the spread changes from time to time, but always remains rather tiny.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:22 pm

Programs: AClub, SPG, Ritz Rewards, Hyatt, Hilton
I just spent 2 nights at the IC Warsaw. I was pleased with almost everything, it was definately worth to get club rooms.

I didn't read through all the 16 pages of this thread but a big downside for me was the air conditioning. Even though it was very cold outside, somehow the rooms would heat up to around 24,5 Celsius and the temperature could only be regulated by plus or minus 3 degrees. Additionally the a/c unit would automatically go into "standby"-mode after some time, supposedly "holding" the temperature - but in reality the room-temperature would raise again.

The a/c unit is also relatively loud, this wouldn't be much of a problem for me though if it would just constantly cool down the room. Waking up several times during the night.. not very restful
Old Apr 16, 2012, 1:35 pm

WARNING: Do not use the in hotel ATM

Agree 100% regarding the AC units. Currently in 4101 which is a Deluxe corner room on the Club Lounge floor. This AC unit is working fine it seems.

Now for something different. Do not use the ATM inside this hotel. You are getting raped basically. I asked the bellboys if this ATM gave the same rate as standard Bank ATM's and they replied yes. That was a blatant lie.

Already when I got the transaction receipt I could see the XE rate was poor.
I then compared with a proper Bank ATM, and love and behold that hotel machine is a scam.

For 400PLN I got charged 940SEK.
At a proper bank ATM 400PLN cost me 860SEK. That is a 10% difference!!
Imagine if I had withdrawn serious amounts?

You have been warned.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, HH, IHG
How much does the club access cost?

I am going to travel to Warsaw next few months and will be at the IC Warsaw.
I think I'll try the 2-4-1 rate and just want to know: how much would it cost for the club access as Ambassador member?

Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2012, 4:22 pm

60 Euros. on 2-4-1 rates it is worth it.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Petrus
Agree 100% regarding the AC units. Currently in 4101 which is a Deluxe corner room on the Club Lounge floor. This AC unit is working fine it seems.

Now for something different. Do not use the ATM inside this hotel. You are getting raped basically. I asked the bellboys if this ATM gave the same rate as standard Bank ATM's and they replied yes. That was a blatant lie.

Already when I got the transaction receipt I could see the XE rate was poor.
I then compared with a proper Bank ATM, and love and behold that hotel machine is a scam.

For 400PLN I got charged 940SEK.
At a proper bank ATM 400PLN cost me 860SEK. That is a 10% difference!!
Imagine if I had withdrawn serious amounts?

You have been warned.
It used to be an HSBC bank ATM. Now it is owned by some other institution. But I've said it before, when in Poland and other central European countries, be aware of ATMs operated by Euronet. Even the Deutsche Bank ATMs in Poland are operated by them. They are not a scam because their are actually upfront about the exchange rate they will charge you (at about a 8-10% markup). But you have the option of selecting the MasterCard exchange rate option (which is basically the market rate). In fact, when you choose that option, a "warning" will pop up asking you if you want to choose that option because it is not a guaranteed rate. ALWAYS CHOOSE THAT OPTION unless saving money is not that great of importance to you.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: SPG, AA, HH, IHG
60€ for one night? Because I was thinking about book with 2-4-1 rate or with Amb cert.

Thanks
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by LiamAP
I am going to travel to Warsaw next few months and will be at the IC Warsaw.
I think I'll try the 2-4-1 rate and just want to know: how much would it cost for the club access as Ambassador member?
Last time they charged me 60.00 EUR per night but remember that the club lounge services are restricted from time to time which means that there is no breakfast served and the dinner is smaller than usual.

Last edited by Marevna; Apr 17, 2012 at 11:31 am
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I went back for one night last month on a E75 a night standard room rate which was about half what the HI around the corner was charging that weekend! As an RA I was upgraded to a suite in the condo section but asked if I could have a regular room on the Club floor with Club access instead, to which the clerk agreed. I hadn't been back for about five years, but was quite surprised by the dinner served in the Club. It was a full buffet with an area of tables to sit at. I had found the offering on my previous stays very good, but not as fulsome as this one!
Old Apr 19, 2012, 2:23 am

If you add up rate + club then sure, it's cheap. But for 60 EUR a single person can get way more "bang for your buck" in Warsaw.

Originally Posted by Marevna
Last time they charged me 60.00 EUR per night but remember that the club lounge services are restricted from time to time which means that there is no breakfast served and the dinner is smaller than usual.
If the lounge is closed for bfast, you can head down to the restaurant.
Never experienced a smaller dinner service though, even on major holidays when the operations scale back (bfast wise).
Old Apr 19, 2012, 2:11 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Wirelessly posted (Android: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-gb; GT-I9100 Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I would think one can get more bang for the buck on the town
Old Apr 19, 2012, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by jason8612
Wirelessly posted (Android: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-gb; GT-I9100 Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I would think one can get more bang for the buck on the town
Me too... and for sure the Club is useless on weekends... so go for the upgrade if there on a weekend rate...
Old Jul 6, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
IC Warsaw Master Thread [merged]

anyone there this WE?
Old Jul 7, 2012, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by 24Yukon24
anyone there this WE?
I am!
Old Jul 8, 2012, 5:22 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
After spending here +/- 12 nights of my 30 nights in Poland for the Euro 2012, I must say :

Super hotel !!!

Got all the RA-benefits even on reward nights!

The even upgraded my room + clubaccess for free. Got normal room as we needed single beds instead of double beds.

Great staff, super view from the Club-lounge. Worth every cent spent there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.