Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Travelzoo special: Crowne Plaza at the United Nations USD$129 weekends to early March

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travelzoo special: Crowne Plaza at the United Nations USD$129 weekends to early March

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

$129 -- Midtown Manhattan Hotel at 40% OFF *
New York, NY
Travel dates: Weekends of: 2/17, 2/24, 3/3, 3/10 (Fri-Sun)
Offer Expires February 21, 2006
The Crowne Plaza at the United Nations just released an unbelievable $129 per night special for select February and March weekends. Not only is 40% OFF their regular rates, but it's also one of the lowest offers we've seen in the Manhattan for months! You can upgrade to a superior room for just $20 more.
This offer is valid for travel over the following weekends (Friday-Sunday nights): Feb. 17-19, Feb. 24-26, Mar. 3-5, Mar. 10-12. The hotel is also throwing in 15% OFF coupons for food and beverage in the hotel.

The Crowne Plaza Hotel at the United Nations is located one block from the United Nations headquarters, two blocks from Grand Central Station and six blocks from Times Square and the theater district.

To Book: Call the Crowne Plaza Hotel at 1-800-879-8836 and give group code W4U. Or click here to book online.

Travelzoo Tip: If you want to visit New York this Spring, the hotel is offering weekends in late March and April for slightly higher.

Crowne Plaza at the United Nations
304 East 42nd St.

* Terms/Conditions:
Rate is based on double occupancy and does not include tax. Restrictions may apply.

Unless otherwise indicated, fares listed on Travelzoo do not include all applicable taxes, charges and government imposed fees.
Click here for information on air fees and taxes.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
I might be a little confused, but did Crowne Plaza recently add into the Starwood network of hotels?
Old Feb 14, 2006, 11:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by slippahs
I might be a little confused, but did Crowne Plaza recently add into the Starwood network of hotels?
No, it is I who is confused as I meant this to go in IC forum.

Mod., please feel free to punt it to where it belongs. ^
Old Feb 15, 2006, 7:37 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by slippahs
Not yet!

Maybe the OP meant to drive in the fact that Starwood's NYC hotel prices have increased substantially in the past year and that some SPG members should perhaps consider other hotel options with more reasonable prices if they want to visit NYC as a middle-class tourist.

(And if the OP didn't mean that, then I do.)
Old Feb 15, 2006, 9:08 am

Programs: POS, Delta Skymiles, IC Plat Amb., Hilton Gold, SPG gold
darnit - the only room they show is $129 is for the 2/24 weekend is a SMOKING double bed

i would love to switch as i am currently in the 5th ave hiex at $150 ($50 bux savings is a lot!)

too bad i cant have non smoking

(would i get a plat upgrade on this rate??)
Old Feb 15, 2006, 9:59 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by allen074
(would i get a plat upgrade on this rate??)
I guess it's possible, as you are after all booking through the IC website, but probably up to the whim of the property. Even less probable is receiving stay credit/points, as it's apparently a package rate, and a 40% discount to boot.

Last edited by DoubleJ; Feb 15, 2006 at 10:07 am Reason: restate
Old Feb 15, 2006, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by DoubleJ
On a 40% discounted rate, probably up to the whim of the property. Even less probable is receiving stay credit/points.
welp in that case, i remain at the lovely hiex - need those bonuses!!!!! venice here i come !
Old Feb 15, 2006, 10:03 am

Programs: Hyatt
Won't PC match it? - With their lowest rate guarantee?

Haven't seen if this is available at the PC website - but
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...n/rd/rate.html
pretty well states that you should be able to match it from their website.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 10:26 am

uhm clicking the link for travelzoo you actually book on pc web site
Old Feb 15, 2006, 10:28 am

Programs: Hyatt
Oh well - scratch that then! never used travelzoo before - figured it was another expedia/travelocity type thing.

Now I know
Old Feb 19, 2006, 4:36 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Great price at this CP which is pretty good esp if you get one of on the top floor of the South Tower, all suites. I stayed there in Dec and was impressed. It is a keeper IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.