Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Berlin Master Thread - after January 01, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Oups, sorry, I thought that was a typing error.
No biggie!

Does that still mean Jr. Suite is one level about Deluxe room?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by FlightWhite
No biggie!

I think so :
http://www.berlin.intercontinental.c...d-suiten/rooms
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
My recent experience at IC Berlin (Club Senior Suite)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24200214-post444.html
Old Jan 20, 2015, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Weird that that doesn't seem to want to work when you go to the English site!

Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
No biggie!

Yes it does, albeit some people will prefer the deluxe rooms compared to the west wing junior suites (same size, albeit divided into two rooms).
Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:26 pm

Hey all,

Does anyone know if it is still true that no hot entrees are served in the club on sat/sun? Last I've seen on this was Nov '13. I'll be staying for a couple nights coming up and am debating whether or not to spring for access
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hey all,

Does anyone know if it is still true that no hot entrees are served in the club on sat/sun? Last I've seen on this was Nov '13. I'll be staying for a couple nights coming up and am debating whether or not to spring for access
If you consider soup as hot entree, the answer is yes
Old Mar 18, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Does anyone know what the upgrade would be for an Ambassador when booking the cheapest room (Superior Room)?
I see on the website that the next room up is Superior with Park View. Do they class the Park View as an upgrade? Or would it be the Deluxe room?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AndyRobin
Does anyone know what the upgrade would be for an Ambassador when booking the cheapest room (Superior Room)?
I see on the website that the next room up is Superior with Park View. Do they class the Park View as an upgrade? Or would it be the Deluxe room?
I don't know if there is so much difference between the non suites rooms at IC Berlin.
I received once a club room as a waiting room (suite was not ready at time of check-in): it was not huge (but comfortable).

I would heavily suggest to book a club room to get club access (very nice).
Old Mar 19, 2015, 5:44 am

Programs: SPG Gold,Amex Cent,IC RA,HH Diamond,Marriott Gold,Hyatt Dia,LH FTL,CX Diam,FB Plat
As an Ambassador you`ll get the Deluxe Room.This room is a very nice and big room and esp. the renovated rooms in the Western Wing are my favorite rooms when I book the cheapest (Superior ) room.I always ask to be put in that room and then I buy the Lounge Access for 70 Euro per night.Advantage is:you get the full minibar (the rooms on the Club floors in the Eastern Wing do have minibars filled with Soda,juice etc.),the Deluxe Rooms in the Western Wings have the full minibar.The Club Lounge package includes breakfast downstairs or in the Lounge,free access to Sauna and free Minibar.The Lounge is one of the best in Berlin Hotels.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:38 am

Programs: IC Ambassador, IHG Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Miles & More FT
As Ambassador you will recive deluxe. Make sure on check in to ask for West wing and higher flor - you will love it.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
The higher floor deluxe rooms(10-12) with view to the East are sold at a premium. With a zoo view there is not that much difference. The deluxe rooms(West wing) are very nice, I prefer them to the junior suites . The senior suites are nicer still and to me preferable to most Club floor offerings.
I will be there at the end of the month, as it is two weeks stay I booked a standard room. It now shows as deluxe but it is not unknown for me to get a senior suite from that level, though I have stayed there for 20 + nights a year since 2005. Enjoy your stay AndyRobin
Old Mar 21, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Thanks very much everyone, glad to hear it should be a Deluxe room, that was the one I was hoping for.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 6:35 am

Fairly inexperienced in the world of Intercontinental Hotels - actually never stayed at one but many other brands/locations in the ICH group.
I am a 'lowly Platinum member' as opposed to you fellow Ambassadors! And I don't travel too much so please forgive my ignorance. I'm liking the look of this one, for a two night stay in August. As a platinum, you occasionally get upgrades. I would guess reading this thread its unlikely here/ in this chain.
I also read that folk are paying extra for the lounge access (when Ambassadors). I have a couple of questions about this hotel.

I'm wanting lounge access - to guarantee/ ensure I get this, I understand I should choose (at least) a business room or a club superior room king. Higher floor delue don't have access, neither does the deluxe. Both the BR and CSRK have the narrative in the rate saying lounge access.
So with that I would not have to pay any extra for access? (I appreciate the rate is higher so I do pay extra! - but no extra charges like I'm reading for RA folk)

We can't stretch to a suite but I would like to get as good a room as possible and the lounge access seems worth it, at this hotel. Thanks.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mister.c.
Fairly inexperienced in the world of Intercontinental Hotels - actually never stayed at one but many other brands/locations in the ICH group.
I am a 'lowly Platinum member' as opposed to you fellow Ambassadors! And I don't travel too much so please forgive my ignorance. I'm liking the look of this one, for a two night stay in August. As a platinum, you occasionally get upgrades. I would guess reading this thread its unlikely here/ in this chain.
I also read that folk are paying extra for the lounge access (when Ambassadors). I have a couple of questions about this hotel.

I'm wanting lounge access - to guarantee/ ensure I get this, I understand I should choose (at least) a business room or a club superior room king. Higher floor delue don't have access, neither does the deluxe. Both the BR and CSRK have the narrative in the rate saying lounge access.
So with that I would not have to pay any extra for access? (I appreciate the rate is higher so I do pay extra! - but no extra charges like I'm reading for RA folk)

We can't stretch to a suite but I would like to get as good a room as possible and the lounge access seems worth it, at this hotel. Thanks.
IC Berlin will usually allow you at checkin to as for upsell rate to add Lounge Access to your room. This IC charges 3x different fees for upsell depending if one is RA / Ambassador /non-ambassador status

Lounge purchase allows
O lounge access (evening alcohol/nibbles and breakfast )
O business (premium ) speed internet
O free minibar. ( 5 miniatures, 2 beers, wine, sodas )
O restaurant breakfast free of extra charge ( normally about 30 euro/person )

I am unsure of the new rates for 2015. But used to be something like 50/75/100 euro for max 2persons per room)

Looks like you spotted the one pitfall, booking junior suite does not give lounge access. You can easily see if you are better off buying better room and lounge upsell separately

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.