Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ic ambassador

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2018, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Ic ambassador

Hi, We are IHG elite spire and now upgraded to ic ambassador. We are staying our first night at an IC after this upgrade. We asked ahead what room we would get on online chat (before we payed for the ambassador program) and were told with the room we were booking (the Club room) we would be uograder to a Club suite. Calling them Today since there were an error in the booking on the app we were told we would Get 2 connecting doubles... Is this really what to expect?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Anita12
Hi, We are IHG elite spire and now upgraded to ic ambassador. We are staying our first night at an IC after this upgrade. We asked ahead what room we would get on online chat (before we payed for the ambassador program) and were told with the room we were booking (the Club room) we would be uograder to a Club suite. Calling them Today since there were an error in the booking on the app we were told we would Get 2 connecting doubles... Is this really what to expect?
Have paid upgrade to ambassador for several years now. The upgrade is at the discretion of the hotel. Higher room, better view, different category, etc. If a connecting double is considered an upgrade or higher category, you've been upgraded. I particularly enjoy the free wifi, amenity sent to the room and the free movie per stay and the occasional AWESOME upgrade.
Anita12 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Ok, Thanks. Strange that they told us suite when we chatted with them. We upgraded mostly so that the girls would stay in a suite We always Get sweet upgraded at Kimpton, but looks like IHG and IC ar different. Thanks for answaring
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:42 am

How did you chat with the hotel?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Not with the Hotel, but on the ic website

she wrote: if you book the Club room your upgrade would be for the Club suite...

Last edited by Anita12; Aug 12, 2018 at 10:58 am Reason: Mor info
Old Aug 12, 2018, 11:25 am

What a poor form of customer service of that chat agent.

With Amb status you get a guaranteed one category upgrade.

In this case, one category higher than the club room (and obviously you keep the club benefits of the original booking).

What that upgrade is, is totally hotel dependent. E.g. executive room, premier room, corner room, junior suite, ...
Anita12 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I dont mind connecting rooms, but was looking froward to the suite. Had I known we wouldnt have upgraded to ambassador, but stayed at Kimpton. Oh well - its just for Ine night👍

We booked the higest room category prior suits.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 2:16 pm

We booked the higest room category prior suits.
In that case you can rightfully expect the hotel to deliver on at least the lowest category suite upon checkin.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 336

In that case you can rightfully expect the hotel to deliver on at least the lowest category suite upon checkin.
when we called the hotell Today (check in tomorrow) they said connecting rooms...
Old Aug 12, 2018, 3:49 pm

Ambassador T&C are clear: one category upgrade guaranteed.

”Connecting rooms” is generally not a separate room category. I would politely insist and refer to the terms.

Perhaps more clear by revealing the hotel in question.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 336
Ambassador T&C are clear: one category upgrade guaranteed.

”Connecting rooms” is generally not a separate room category. I would politely insist and refer to the terms.

Perhaps more clear by revealing the hotel in question.
The Hotel is the one in Miami (the Central one). But be aware that we have not yet checked in, so we might be surprised👍

When staying in Chicago (with only spire elite) we got upgraded to a snakk suite.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 336

when we called the hotell Today (check in tomorrow) they said connecting rooms...
One category upgrade may be a hidden upgrade - like a club room "With a view" it is basically tricks, smoke and mirrors. It is all crap. That is why I have stayed my last days at IC and no longer am an Ambassador. I won't even be spire next year. I'll just sit on over 2 mil points and use them as I need them while enjoying Starriott.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

They cant upgrade «with a view» it said view decided upon arrival or something, so that is not an upgrade on this category i think.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: IHGPlatinum, Marriott Silver
Interesting. I am booked at the IC Miami (on Chopin Plaza) this coming Thu-Sun, prior to a cruise and booked a King City View Club Intercontinental room. Was just looking at my reservation online and it is now upgraded to a Club Intercontinental Townhouse Suite. So it appears they do honor the upgrade guarantee, at least in this case.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AkWxMan
Interesting. I am booked at the IC Miami (on Chopin Plaza) this coming Thu-Sun, prior to a cruise and booked a King City View Club Intercontinental room. Was just looking at my reservation online and it is now upgraded to a Club Intercontinental Townhouse Suite. So it appears they do honor the upgrade guarantee, at least in this case.
Nice, and you are «only» ambassador too? It says 2 double var wiev on our reservation. Not Even clubroom. Guess tomorrow could be interesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.