Ic ambassador

Old Aug 12, 18, 9:53 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 45
Ic ambassador

Hi, We are IHG elite spire and now upgraded to ic ambassador. We are staying our first night at an IC after this upgrade. We asked ahead what room we would get on online chat (before we payed for the ambassador program) and were told with the room we were booking (the Club room) we would be uograder to a Club suite. Calling them Today since there were an error in the booking on the app we were told we would Get 2 connecting doubles... Is this really what to expect?
Anita12 is offline  
Old Aug 12, 18, 10:11 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 121
Originally Posted by Anita12 View Post
Hi, We are IHG elite spire and now upgraded to ic ambassador. We are staying our first night at an IC after this upgrade. We asked ahead what room we would get on online chat (before we payed for the ambassador program) and were told with the room we were booking (the Club room) we would be uograder to a Club suite. Calling them Today since there were an error in the booking on the app we were told we would Get 2 connecting doubles... Is this really what to expect?
Have paid upgrade to ambassador for several years now. The upgrade is at the discretion of the hotel. Higher room, better view, different category, etc. If a connecting double is considered an upgrade or higher category, you've been upgraded. I particularly enjoy the free wifi, amenity sent to the room and the free movie per stay and the occasional AWESOME upgrade.
Anita12 likes this.
wetsand is offline  
Old Aug 12, 18, 10:20 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 45
Ok, Thanks. Strange that they told us suite when we chatted with them. We upgraded mostly so that the girls would stay in a suite We always Get sweet upgraded at Kimpton, but looks like IHG and IC ar different. Thanks for answaring
Anita12 is offline  
Old Aug 12, 18, 10:42 am
  #4  
336
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,089
How did you chat with the hotel?
336 is offline  
Old Aug 12, 18, 10:56 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 45
Not with the Hotel, but on the ic website

she wrote: if you book the Club room your upgrade would be for the Club suite...

Last edited by Anita12; Aug 12, 18 at 10:58 am Reason: Mor info
Anita12 is offline  
Old Aug 12, 18, 11:25 am
  #6  
336
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,089
What a poor form of customer service of that chat agent.

With Amb status you get a guaranteed one category upgrade.

In this case, one category higher than the club room (and obviously you keep the club benefits of the original booking).

What that upgrade is, is totally hotel dependent. E.g. executive room, premier room, corner room, junior suite, ...
Anita12 likes this.
336 is offline  
Old Aug 12, 18, 11:38 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 45
Thanks. I dont mind connecting rooms, but was looking froward to the suite. Had I known we wouldnt have upgraded to ambassador, but stayed at Kimpton. Oh well - its just for Ine night👍

We booked the higest room category prior suits.
Anita12 is offline  
Old Aug 12, 18, 2:16 pm
  #8  
336
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,089
Originally Posted by Anita12 View Post
We booked the higest room category prior suits.
In that case you can rightfully expect the hotel to deliver on at least the lowest category suite upon checkin.
336 is offline  
Old Aug 12, 18, 3:04 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by 336 View Post


In that case you can rightfully expect the hotel to deliver on at least the lowest category suite upon checkin.
when we called the hotell Today (check in tomorrow) they said connecting rooms...
Anita12 is offline  
Old Aug 12, 18, 3:49 pm
  #10  
336
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,089
Ambassador T&C are clear: one category upgrade guaranteed.

”Connecting rooms” is generally not a separate room category. I would politely insist and refer to the terms.

Perhaps more clear by revealing the hotel in question.
336 is offline  
Old Aug 12, 18, 4:09 pm
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by 336 View Post
Ambassador T&C are clear: one category upgrade guaranteed.

”Connecting rooms” is generally not a separate room category. I would politely insist and refer to the terms.

Perhaps more clear by revealing the hotel in question.
The Hotel is the one in Miami (the Central one). But be aware that we have not yet checked in, so we might be surprised👍

When staying in Chicago (with only spire elite) we got upgraded to a snakk suite.
Anita12 is offline  
Old Aug 12, 18, 4:50 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: CHS
Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Posts: 2,259
Originally Posted by 336 View Post


In that case you can rightfully expect the hotel to deliver on at least the lowest category suite upon checkin.
Originally Posted by Anita12 View Post

when we called the hotell Today (check in tomorrow) they said connecting rooms...
One category upgrade may be a hidden upgrade - like a club room "With a view" it is basically tricks, smoke and mirrors. It is all crap. That is why I have stayed my last days at IC and no longer am an Ambassador. I won't even be spire next year. I'll just sit on over 2 mil points and use them as I need them while enjoying Starriott.
Hipplewm is offline  
Old Aug 12, 18, 5:42 pm
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 45
They cant upgrade «with a view» it said view decided upon arrival or something, so that is not an upgrade on this category i think.
Anita12 is offline  
Old Aug 12, 18, 7:37 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: La Conner, WA
Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 142
Interesting. I am booked at the IC Miami (on Chopin Plaza) this coming Thu-Sun, prior to a cruise and booked a King City View Club Intercontinental room. Was just looking at my reservation online and it is now upgraded to a Club Intercontinental Townhouse Suite. So it appears they do honor the upgrade guarantee, at least in this case.
AkWxMan is online now  
Old Aug 12, 18, 7:44 pm
  #15  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by AkWxMan View Post
Interesting. I am booked at the IC Miami (on Chopin Plaza) this coming Thu-Sun, prior to a cruise and booked a King City View Club Intercontinental room. Was just looking at my reservation online and it is now upgraded to a Club Intercontinental Townhouse Suite. So it appears they do honor the upgrade guarantee, at least in this case.
Nice, and you are «only» ambassador too? It says 2 double var wiev on our reservation. Not Even clubroom. Guess tomorrow could be interesting.
Anita12 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: