Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelLawyer
Hotel Info:- Opening date 28th Aug 2018 (checkin 15:00, checkout 11:00)

InterContinental Hotels San Diego
901 Bayfront Court
San Diego, CA 92101

Hotel Front Desk: 1-619-5019400

Mandatory Daily Extra Fees
Taxes and Additional Charges
Additional Charges: 25.00 30.00 USD per night not included in rate effective night #1 to night #nn <== looks as refers to daily $25 $30 Daily Amenity Fee
Taxes: 12.75% per night not included in rate effective 17 September, 2018 thru 18 September, 2018Occupancy, SDTMD and CA Tourism Assessment Tax
$25 $30 Daily Amenity Fee Includes Basic WI-FI Access, In-Room Local and Domestic Calls, Health and Wellness Center Access, Pool Access, Complimentary Use of the Business Lounge, $25 off Club InterContinental Access and Up to 2 Complimentary Signature Cocktails at Vistal Bar (1 Per Person, Must be 21+). EDIT: As of September 2019, the amenity fee now gives a single-per-stay $25 Food (not beverage) credit for Vistal bar or one free breakfast buffet at Vistal. The IHG website specifies that the amenity fee is now $25 per person, per day.
December 2, 2021 EDIT: The amenity fee is $30/day per double occupancy room (not per person); includes Complimentary WIFI Complimentary use of business lounge Complimentary Local phone calls Complimentary access to pool and Health and Wellness center Daily 15 dollars Food and Beverage credit Complimentary PressReader access 2 daily complimentary bottles of water Discounts available from local vendors such as USS Midway and Pedego.

Optional Extra Fees
Early Departure Fee: $250.00 (USD)
Daily Parking Fee: $38.00 $39.00 (USD)
Daily Valet Parking Fee: $50.00 $60.00 (USD)
Electric Vehicle Charging Fee: $2.25 per hour
Pet Policy: Weight limit of 40 lbs. applies with the exception of service animals. All guests with a pet must sign a waiver upon arrival. Deposit is 500 USD, with 350 USD refunded after checkout following inspection of guest room.
Print Wikipost

IC San Diego Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2019, 11:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
I just stayed here. According to IHG website, the amenity fee is now $25 per person, per night. Anyone know if this is accurate? First time I have seen a per person amenity/resort fee. I was on my own so didn't need to test it. For the amenity fee, you now get a $25 credit for food(not drink) at the restaurant/bar or a free buffet breakfast(normal price $33). Gratuity is included. For a 1 night stay, this is not bad as at least you are getting $25 in food to spend for your $25 mandatory amenity fee. You only get a single $25 for multiple night stays. The club lounge discount and free cocktails seem to be no more.

4pm checkout for Ambassador was offered and granted without problem.

The $20 Ambassador F&B credit was not mentioned in the welcome letter outlining benefits and was not applied against my bill(I forgot to ask about it on checkout). I had to email the hotel afterwards to get it applied. I suspect they are operating a policy of not pro-actively granting the credit if it is not mentioned by the guest.

Hotel is overall clean, modern, well located and pretty bland.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Cunard Diamond
Construction noise

I stayed here last week and was woken at 8:30 AM by what sounded like drilling coming through my ceiling. Turns out it was from the work on the rooftop deck. A letter about the timing of construction would have been appreciated and more useful than the letter they hand delivered about the phone system going down for 1-3 minutes
Old Sep 13, 2019, 9:30 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Memorable!

Intercontinental San Diego

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

901 Bayfront Court  San Diego, California 92101

Memorable! (0 Photo)

Check In

Booked 2-nights stay for our family of 4 (2 adults & 2 children) over Labor Day holiday weekend. The check in experience was underwhelming, but, nevertheless, the wife and kids are absolutely sold on the idea that this should be our San Diego home when in town going forward. This was our second stay here in the 6-weeks period.

48560711146_a4e5d75826_c.jpg

48678199531_1c92d175f2_c.jpg

Room

We were assigned an incredible corner room on the 12th floor (Oceanview Corner Suite North) which was full of light, elegantly appointed, comfortably spacious for the 4 of us, and with amazing expansive uninterrupted oceanfront views on 2 sides. The water pressure in the bathroom/shower was awesome and the beds were very comfortable. Kids slept of the pull out sofa which was also comfortable. The room has a Nespresso machine with ample supplies, waterheater kettle, and the good sized fridge was emptied to accommodate our own supplies. No microwave oven though.

48678230701_79876b17f8_c.jpg

48678380497_35d336fc28_c.jpg

Service

The amenities were great including $25 F&B voucher at check in coupled with the Aspire Ambassador $20 credit got a comped lunch for the kids from Vistal. We requested drinking water and lo and behold they brought us a whole cart stacked with 20 full sized bottles of premium French drinking water (Evian and Badoit). So you got replenished drinking water, fancy tolitaries, the late checkout, etc. Staff is very hospitable especially the housekeeping crew. It was also a pleasure encountering the concierge, Mr. Wilson, again - he is such an accommodating gentlemen with great knowledge of the local scene. In short, nothing but 3 days/2 nights of absolute bliss.

48677894618_faec4cef70_c.jpg

48678208666_e3b28098fc_c.jpg

Dining

The breakfast buffet at Vistal was scrumptious and satisfying and included made to order eggs. Breakfast (brunch) was $33 per adult and $16 for children and the hours extended to 2 PM on Sunday. Beverages were included such as iced cappuccino. Hosts were very nice but the service at Vistal was a meh on this stay. Lunch food was also good and we took the food to go.

48677901703_f84db396d9_c.jpg

48678372032_fe9be87248_c.jpg

Supreme location as the property is nestled between the train station (Santa Fe train depot) and the Embarcadero with its oceanfront venues such as the Midway. Short walking distance to both, Gaslamp District and Little Italy neighborhood with their culinary offerings. Huge park right across the street from the Star of India and adjacent to the historic city hall. Kids had a blast playing there and at the hotel's 4th floor swimming pool.

48678188876_93d79784b9_c.jpg

48677925763_715e5d7c6e_c.jpg

Overall

Great new property, awesome location, beautiful sunset views, excellent treatment and service, and we highly recommend it.

48677934488_8a75d14a08_c.jpg

48678252546_4c81dc6d33_c.jpg

Memorable!

Would you like to write a review on the Intercontinental San Diego ?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 13, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
I checked in today for a two-night stay with the Ambassador Complimentary Weekend Night rate. Also no mentioned of a $20 Ambassador F&B credit anywhere. I booked a KING BED CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL room, and seemed to received exactly that (room 1816). It's a tiny room with a view of the SpringHill Suites/Residence Inn next door. When I inquired at the front desk about the one-category upgrade as an Ambassador member, I was told it was a premium room. It doesn't feel like it to me, but I didn't push it.

Club lounge is a good size with a nice outdoor patio. As others have said, the location cannot be beat!
Old Sep 14, 2019, 12:07 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
Club lounge is a good size with a nice outdoor patio.
Indeed, good size IC Club with a nice outdoor patio.

For moree photos, see our album here:
Tim O'Brien likes this.

Last edited by Kalboz; Sep 14, 2019 at 12:26 pm
Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
... I booked a KING BED CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL room, and seemed to received exactly that (room 1816). It's a tiny room with a view of the SpringHill Suites/Residence Inn next door. When I inquired at the front desk about the one-category upgrade as an Ambassador member, I was told it was a premium room. It doesn't feel like it to me, but I didn't push it.

Exactly the same experience for 1 night stay.
Arrived late due to delayed flight so couldnt use the club, got a drink voucher at check in and was told that i could get smth from the bar. Went upstairs and immediately came down - bartender said they closed half hour ago.
Perhaps bad circumstances but we left the place feeling that we severely overpaid and given multiple options around i dont really want to go back...
Old Sep 18, 2019, 9:40 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Spire Ambassador on a one night stay (on points) here during SD's International Comic-Con weekend but attending a wedding in town. Here are my observations:
we had a week there last month.

couldn't agree more, Clarke, on the concierge is a stand out gentleman, and a real asset to this property.

Michael, if you want to be really entertained, also on the concierge team. Very funny guy, he had a son running about on the electric scooters one evening.

Cintia, the front office manager, ex the Willard is a lovely lady.

Chuck, the GM, a true gentleman, and hospitalitarian.

they have a great team there, coupled with the views, location, and climate, a great property.

close proximity to great beaches was another highlight for me.

reminded me of some beaches in Aus.

Kalboz likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
The food for breakfast in the lounge was not up to IC standards when we were there a year ago, has it changed?
Tim O'Brien likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 8:04 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
The food for breakfast in the lounge was not up to IC standards when we were there a year ago, has it changed?

there was always a variety of fruit.

we requested eggs, that they'd get from the restaurant, augmented with bacon, sausage in the lounge.

i am sure if asked, they would have done grilled tomato, mushrooms etc.

a few different types of bread, and jam/jellies.

i thought it was fine, with the restaurant sourced eggs cooked to order.

service in the lounge was very good to excellent, and the views from the balcony, most enjoyed.

may have been teething problems in the early days?
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Enigma368
I just stayed here. According to IHG website, the amenity fee is now $25 per person, per night. Anyone know if this is accurate? First time I have seen a per person amenity/resort fee. I was on my own so didn't need to test it. For the amenity fee, you now get a $25 credit for food(not drink) at the restaurant/bar or a free buffet breakfast(normal price $33). Gratuity is included. For a 1 night stay, this is not bad as at least you are getting $25 in food to spend for your $25 mandatory amenity fee. You only get a single $25 for multiple night stays. The club lounge discount and free cocktails seem to be no more.
I don't see this amenity fee listed as per person anywhere on the IHG or hotel website currently. IC San Diego website shows 'per room per night'. Further, when I attempt a reservation the rate details also state 'per room per night' so I don't think they'd have any leg to stand on if they were to attempt to charge this per person. Anyone else have input on this? Change the wiki?
Old Dec 21, 2019, 7:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
I don't see this amenity fee listed as per person anywhere on the IHG or hotel website currently. IC San Diego website shows 'per room per night'. Further, when I attempt a reservation the rate details also state 'per room per night' so I don't think they'd have any leg to stand on if they were to attempt to charge this per person. Anyone else have input on this? Change the wiki?
Might have been a tempory mistake or something.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 2:20 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
In a dliemna over this property.

Currently holding a 2 night reservation for my birthday for a King Club Room at just over $1,000 for 2 nights.

I also have enough points to book the stay.

Can't decide which reservation to stay with - we like the IC lounges so would probably pay to use that if we went with points.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA GOLD,DELTA DM, IC RA , HILTON GOLD, NAT. EE
I stayed 2 nights in mid December . Low occupancy . Club lounge was very good .
Right of lobby , ability to sit outside . Nice sunsets. Food at breakfast was limited but good .
Hostess charming . I believe that you could order from a menu .
Evening canapes were good quality , limited though , as at times we were only ones in lounge .
Beer , wine nuts available all day .
Old Mar 2, 2020, 2:23 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Geoggy
In a dliemna over this property.

Currently holding a 2 night reservation for my birthday for a King Club Room at just over $1,000 for 2 nights.

I also have enough points to book the stay.

Can't decide which reservation to stay with - we like the IC lounges so would probably pay to use that if we went with points.
Just as a follow up to this. Decided to go the points route.

At check in, mentioned it was a birthday stay and that I wanted to pay for Club access and look for a deal on upsell. Was given a corner suite and club access for $200 a night which I was happy with.

Overall a good stay, however we did have some issues.

Firstly - no one mentioned how loud this hotel is. The club patio is like sitting on an airforce base. Well, its the navy, but nonetheless a constant stream of helicopters from over on Coronado, plus the USA's 2nd busiest single runway airport within viewing distance.

Flights from the airport started around 6 and we could hear them from the 15th floor of the hotel. For that reason i probably wouldn't stay here again as no chance of a lie in or some peace and quiet.

Other issues ; my wife emailed and called to say it was my birthday and could they do something. They didn't reply to the email and then said they would on the phone. They didn't until she chased them.

I received no Ambassador welcome amenity, or water in the room despite several requests. We just got used to taking water from the lounge.

The beer in the lounge is good but the wine is undrinkable. They use CO2 to dispense it. Everyone we spoke to in the lounge was complaining about it. Who wants gas bubbles and the taste of carbonation in wine.

The breakfast in the lounge was fine. Didn't know about the eggs, so just had bagels, fruit etc.

All in all we had a lovely room, that was too noisy and the service was patchy. We did enjoy sitting on the terrace outside the club lounge but it was very loud.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 9:18 am

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Anyone stayed here recently? Coming to stay for a long weekend in September with husband and the dog. Interested to see what to expect for a lowly Platinum staying on points in the new COVID-19 world. I also am curious to know what the amenity fee "perks" I can expect, and what the parking situation is like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.