Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another quarter, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q2accelerate2018
Print Wikipost

Accelerate 1 May 2018 - 31 July 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2018, 10:44 am

Would booking 1 paid night via IHG's site then 4 paid nights via Chase's UR portal qualify for the task of staying 5 nights?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I still feel a bit uneasy about the wording of the conditions for some of the tasks. In my case, the Earn More, Faster (the Bonus Points package) conditions read for "Stays [that] have been booked and consumed by the member between 1 May 2018 and 31 July 2018 (both dates inclusive)". Still not sure if that really means that the Bonus Points package had to be booked after the 1st May. Similarly, the Travel with the IHG App task reads as "Qualifying Stays are booked via the official IHG® App and consumed between 1 May 2018 and 31 July 2018 (both dates inclusive)". My feeling is that these do not require booking after the 1st May, but you never know.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Chicklet
Would booking 1 paid night via IHG's site then 4 paid nights via Chase's UR portal qualify for the task of staying 5 nights?
No. Chase UR portal stays are not qualifying
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
I still feel a bit uneasy about the wording of the conditions for some of the tasks. In my case, the Earn More, Faster (the Bonus Points package) conditions read for "Stays [that] have been booked and consumed by the member between 1 May 2018 and 31 July 2018 (both dates inclusive)". Still not sure if that really means that the Bonus Points package had to be booked after the 1st May. Similarly, the Travel with the IHG App task reads as "Qualifying Stays are booked via the official IHG® App and consumed between 1 May 2018 and 31 July 2018 (both dates inclusive)". My feeling is that these do not require booking after the 1st May, but you never know.
I'm still unsure about a straddling booking that starts 37 April and ends 1 May. Would that count as a stay consumed in May?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by paolo64
I didn't complete any tasks in Accelerate 1 ( only 5 award nights YTD) but got a big banger this time: 92000 for 8 tasks ( 6 nights, 3 weekends, 3 holiday inns, 5 app bookings, etc). Nothing too onerous. I gather failure to complete/participate leads to a bigger deal in the next round? Maybe not that predictable.
I wouldn't doubt it. If you were a good customer that has lapsed, good marketing would try to get you back
Old Apr 22, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: DL Silver, NZ, VS, HH, IHG Gold, Marriott, Hertz 5*
Stay Once Get 2,000 Bonus Points
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points.
Book 2 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 2,200 bonus points.
Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 8,000 bonus points.
Have 2 stays in any country in North America, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and earn 8,000 bonus points.
You earned your points, now use them! Redeem your points for anything, from a digital download to a Reward Night, and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points.

Complete 6 of the 7 offers and earn (an additional) 11,600 bonus points.

May Bonus Offer
Stay once in May and get 2,000 bonus points.

Looks like I'm going to get all of them this time.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
67.1K total.

I too got one of the earn when you redeem items. I assume if I book an award stay the award stay has to be completed before the end of the promo?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:45 pm

I noticed a sign in the elevator of an HIE at which I'm staying : "Register for Accelerate before you checkout and get an extra 2,000 points". It looked like a stadard IHG poster, not property specific ( this is HIE Sukhumvit 11, Bangkok).
2,000 is not too exciting but maybe useful for someone who hasn't yet registered and has a stay coming up. I had already registered, so couldn't get it.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
I hadn't checked my new Accelerate offer until now.

"Complete all of your Accelerate offers and earn 71,900 total bonus points"

Business as usual. However, I was shocked to read:

"Your Rate Bonus Points Package
Earn 10,800 bonus points when you book and complete 12 Your Rate Bonus Point Package stay(s)."

Yes, TWELVE packages. Has anyone got something like this? Or should I contact IHG to make them double-check if they wrote one figure too much?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by josmon10
I hadn't checked my new Accelerate offer until now.

"Complete all of your Accelerate offers and earn 71,900 total bonus points"

Business as usual. However, I was shocked to read:

"Your Rate Bonus Points Package
Earn 10,800 bonus points when you book and complete 12 Your Rate Bonus Point Package stay(s)."

Yes, TWELVE packages. Has anyone got something like this? Or should I contact IHG to make them double-check if they wrote one figure too much?
I have this exact offer too, it's stupid. I occasionally book a bonus point packages but rarely 2 or 3 in a quarter, not 12 - and not for 10,800 points! It also requires 12 separate stays which is harder to achieve than the target of 27 total nights (as each stay is typically 3-5 days)
Old Apr 24, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
60000 points for 2 nights?

Hard to believe but I may have the best offer - can I complete it by just staying at two different HIs?

Achievement bonus: Complete 5 of 6 offers:
  • Stay once, get 2000 bonus points.
  • Stay 4 nights, earn 8000 points.
  • Stay at 2 HI hotels, earn 8400 points.
  • Book 2 stays with the IHG app and earn 4800 points.
  • Have 2 stays in any country in Europe, Greater China...earn 18000 points.
  • Book and pay for one stay with your IHG credit card and earn 1500 points.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eethan
Hard to believe but I may have the best offer - can I complete it by just staying at two different HIs?

Achievement bonus: Complete 5 of 6 offers:
  • Stay once, get 2000 bonus points.
  • Stay 4 nights, earn 8000 points.
  • Stay at 2 HI hotels, earn 8400 points.
  • Book 2 stays with the IHG app and earn 4800 points.
  • Have 2 stays in any country in Europe, Greater China...earn 18000 points.
  • Book and pay for one stay with your IHG credit card and earn 1500 points.
You can do it in 2 different HIs, 1 night each, as long as each is in a country on the list of countries/regions in your second-to-last-task. (And make sure you read the T&Cs to understand IHG's definitions of regions, which may or may not 100% coincide with what you think is in or outside that region.)

But if it's not practical for you to get to such a country (while retaining the value of the offer), you'd have to do 2 additional nights (any IHG property) and get 10k total less.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Earn 84,900 total bonus points.
Complete all of your Accelerate offers and earn 84,900 total bonus points.

2,000 Stay Once Get 2,000 Bonus Points

10,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points.

12,000 Stay at Holiday Inn®
Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotel(s)—including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations®—and earn 12,000 bonus points.

9,600 Travel with the IHG® App
Book 2 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 9,600 bonus points.

6,000 A Bonus Weekend Stay
Stay with us for the weekend and earn 6,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay required.

18,000 Explore with Confidence
Have 2 stays in any country in Europe, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and earn 18,000 bonus points.

23,800 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 5 of the 6 offers and earn (an additional) 23,800 bonus points.

2,000 May Bonus Offer
Stay once in May and get 2,000 bonus points.

1,500 Exclusive Brand Bonus
Stay once at an InterContinental®, Hotel Indigo® or Even® hotel and earn 1,500 bonus points.

This time it is easy, potentially with planning I can score bonus with three stays.
The last round was difficult and not worth it for me so I did not have any IHG stay.
Looks like for me it is an easy cycle following a difficult cycle where I did not do any stays since I track this in 2016.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
One of my challenges is :

"Have 2 stays in any country in Europe, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and earn 12,000 bonus points."

Do both stays have to be in the same country?
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:57 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Does anyone know if the Venetian in Vegas counts towards this promotion? Does it code as an InterContinental?

(Please don't yell at me for asking this question)
For the Exclusive Brand offer? I was wondering the same thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.