Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another quarter, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q2accelerate2018
Print Wikipost

Accelerate 1 May 2018 - 31 July 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: QF WP/OW Emerald, IHG Spire AMB
Originally Posted by puchong
My challenges include booking corporate rates as well as booking on the IHG App. However, try hard as I may, I have so far been unable to book a corporate rate on the (Android) App

Has anyone else had luck with this?
I can book my corporate rate via the iOS app no problem.

Additional detail is that my corporate rate is saved under my profile....not sure if you can just manually enter a rate via the app?
Old May 8, 2018, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse
2 stays of either Friday to Sunday or Saturday to Monday
Originally Posted by DUflyer
Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night

What exactly does this mean? Do I need two 2-night stays where one night of each stay is a Saturday? Or do I need two 1-night stays, one a Saturday night and one a Friday or Sunday night?
I also have the same challenge. Does this mean a total of 4 nights?
Old May 8, 2018, 6:35 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by jongesander
The accelerate bonus points are now posted directly with the other points of your stay.
This is a great improvement as the dashboard is updating, and the points posting, along with the posting of each stay... versus before where we had to first wait for the dashboard to update, then wait even longer for the points to post.
TravelTheWorld66 likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 9:44 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
This is a surprise. I stayed two nights from 5/4-5/6. Not only is my Accelerate page already updated, but the Accelerate bonus points posted along with the stay and are visible under the stay details instead of being posted weeks later in a separate posting.
Old May 8, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Points are posting immediately! This is an IHG IT miracle!!

I was 300 points shy of 1,000,000, so I redeemed 150 points for an eBook to trigger the 1,000 point bonus to net me the 850 points and put me over the top. The accelerate bonus points posted immediately and now my balance shows over a million! Now that Accelerate is working how I always hoped it would, I will actively pursue my challenges.
Old May 8, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
No sign of anything from my last stay 5 days ago.
Old May 9, 2018, 6:05 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
I was 300 points shy of 1,000,000, so I redeemed 150 points for an eBook to trigger the 1,000 point bonus to net me the 850 points and put me over the top. The accelerate bonus points posted immediately and now my balance shows over a million!
Congrats, but this sounds you're the guy who wouldn't purchase something useless if the price is $0.01 but take it if the price is $0.00.
Old May 9, 2018, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I have a high earning one this time, not sure how much I'll accomplish though.

On this one that I have: Have 2 stays in any country in Europe, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and earn 18,000 bonus points.

It's lucrative so might hit it, but can somebody verify for me that the 2 stays have to be in the same country. I might try to hit 2 stays in Australia.
Old May 9, 2018, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by krazykanuck

On this one that I have: Have 2 stays in any country in Europe, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and earn 18,000 bonus points.

It's lucrative so might hit it, but can somebody verify for me that the 2 stays have to be in the same country. I might try to hit 2 stays in Australia.
I have the same and just to make sure I am doing two different stays in tow different region:
Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan),
Asia Pacific
Old May 9, 2018, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I really had an odd booking experience last weekend, involving the HIX Geneva. I booked and prepaid an early saver deal, total CHF110, which wasn't too bad for Geneva. I added a second night as a best flexible rate, including a bonus points package (to tick off an Accelerate task), not being totally sure I would stay. That should have come out at about CHF140, according to the booking. When I came to check out after the second night, having kept the same room, I got charged CHF80 instead of the expected. CHF140.

I don't understand what happened here: on the invoice the items listed as Deposit Transfer, Package Rate, City Tax have the comment "Parking #9014 Park" beside them, one after another. So this has probably screwed up my half hearted attempt to do a little bit of Accelerate this quarter. However, I calculated that the points lost, about 10,500, are worth less than what I saved in hard cash, namely CHF60. Sometimes you have to swing with the flow.
Old May 9, 2018, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xenole
No sign of anything from my last stay 5 days ago.
Not surprising. The stay itself can take just that long to post to your normal account, and then it can take a week or two longer for that to filter down to the simpler Accelerate tasks (which only involve counting nights or stays, etc), and even longer for the complex tasks (which involve figuring out how you paid, etc). And after you see it post to the dashboard, it often takes a while longer before the points you earned from those tasks post to your normal account.

IHG Accelerate promos are not designed for impatient folks.
Old May 10, 2018, 12:06 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Woke up this morning to 30k points instead of 12k for a recent stay. As others have said it looks like accelerate targets are posting at the same time and appear as 'Offer Win' on the activity page. A miracle but very confusing!
Old May 10, 2018, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Not surprising. The stay itself can take just that long to post to your normal account, and then it can take a week or two longer for that to filter down to the simpler Accelerate tasks (which only involve counting nights or stays, etc), and even longer for the complex tasks (which involve figuring out how you paid, etc). And after you see it post to the dashboard, it often takes a while longer before the points you earned from those tasks post to your normal account.

IHG Accelerate promos are not designed for impatient folks.
As per numerous recent posts things seem to be operating much differently this time round.
Old May 10, 2018, 1:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by krazykanuck

Sounds to me like it can be 2 stays in the same country, or 2 separate stays in 2 different countries. both should work
Old May 10, 2018, 2:46 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Any UK based members got this ?

Have 2 stays in any country in North America, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and earn 12,000 bonus points.
My recent stay history (over the last 5 years) has never included any of these destinations, so why do they think I'm going there now?

They also have a IHG credit card spend AGAIN-which I have have not held for a couple of years now.

Won't be pursuing any other targets, just doing the normal BAU stuff so this promo is wasted on me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.