Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another quarter, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q2accelerate2018
Print Wikipost

Accelerate 1 May 2018 - 31 July 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
My Happy Anniversary Bonus (stay once offer) of 1,500 points and my May Bonus Offer, also of 1,500 points, posted within 3 days of checkout. My Bonus Points Package did not post and neither did booking with the app. It's the first time I've had any real irregularities, which is odd in itself given how many issues many of you had, but I'll give it a bit of time to see if it auto corrects. I mean, if you booked using the app it should just eventually show, shouldn't it?
Old May 11, 2018, 1:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Concerto
My Happy Anniversary Bonus (stay once offer) of 1,500 points and my May Bonus Offer, also of 1,500 points, posted within 3 days of checkout. My Bonus Points Package did not post and neither did booking with the app. It's the first time I've had any real irregularities, which is odd in itself given how many issues many of you had, but I'll give it a bit of time to see if it auto corrects. I mean, if you booked using the app it should just eventually show, shouldn't it?
the annoying part about the booking with app part, is that there is no evidence anywhere that you've booked using the app instead of through their website. so if the points don't post, it will be tough to chase for it.
Old May 11, 2018, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’ve seen it written very clearly on the sheet they have at check in. But not this time, because I didn’t get to see the sheet.
Old May 11, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
I had a stay that started 29/04 and ended 03/05 that I booked back in March and when it posted it had triggered 3 of my Q2 targets, Stay Once, May Bonus and explore with confidence it also counted towards 2 other targets, I thought that due to the time of booking and the date the stay started it would count as Q1 not that I needed it to count in Q1 just thought that's how it would be.
Old May 11, 2018, 8:52 pm

Ok, question - for one of the bonuses I have to have 2 stays of a specific kind (as above, Asia/China etc) by July 31st. If one of the stays begins on July 30th (check in) and ends on August 1st (check out) - would it qualify?
If not, it seems like checking in and out and in again (i.e. splitting into two separate bookings 1 night each) will not change whether stay qualifies (based on the way T&C are written)?

I'd like to qualify for the promo, but would prefer not to stay at two different hotels just to have a stay end on 31st.
Old May 12, 2018, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto
Well, in my case, it's just now 3 days since my checkout (which was Wednesday morning), and it already updated my "book with app" task as well as the tasks which just need a stay period. What hasn't updated (and I know from experience is not likely to update until at least a little while after my Chase card statement posts) is the task for using the card to pay for the stay.

Just to make sure: You didn't modify the booking online after initially booking with the app, did you? I avoided doing that, because I'd be scared that would wipe out the information about how it was originally booked.

Oh, and you booked with the app after the promo started (ie, on May 1 or later), right? I waited until after the promo started to book with the app, because it seemed like maybe booking beforehand with the app wouldn't count.
Old May 13, 2018, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well in the end I got flooded with masses of points I didn’t actually earn and my task bars are showing as 8/9 complete. Wonder if it will get corrected in the coming days.

EDIT It’s already been corrected, but I’ve still got the masses of points and none of the app bookings got recorded.

Last edited by Concerto; May 13, 2018 at 6:54 am
Old May 13, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Question. I have an offer to put two stays on my IHG credit card. However, I just signed up for the new Premier card, and I'm keeping the original too. Is the offer for my original account, or any IHG credit card?
Old May 13, 2018, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Super Mario
Question. I have an offer to put two stays on my IHG credit card. However, I just signed up for the new Premier card, and I'm keeping the original too. Is the offer for my original account, or any IHG credit card?
It should be for any IHG credit card. The way they seem to figure this out is based on Chase posting points for your hotel stay corresponding to a stay you reserved on the IHG side and completed.

However, since you have to do two stays, it might be safer to do both stays on the same card (whichever card). They might confused if they don't see both stays on the same IHG card, as they'll have statements (posting points from Chase to IHG) at different times of month.
Old May 14, 2018, 3:42 pm

AAA Rate

Hi all

Apologies as I'm sure this is obvious, but if I book a AAA rate on the IHG website is it a "qualifying rate"?

Thanks
Old May 14, 2018, 9:32 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by lachster
Hi all

Apologies as I'm sure this is obvious, but if I book a AAA rate on the IHG website is it a "qualifying rate"?

Thanks
I've never had problems with a AAA rate crediting properly. Non-qualifying rates tend to be things that are a 30%+ discount over best rate- crew rates, some categories of very discounted government rates, negotiated group rates, etc.
Old May 15, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
regarding fulfilling the app booking requirement for accelerate-is it ok to book on app thru mobile and then modify on the computer?
i cannot find a place to insert additional guest in the app reservations..
thanks
Old May 15, 2018, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
regarding fulfilling the app booking requirement for accelerate-is it ok to book on app thru mobile and then modify on the computer?
thanks
I think this is a fairly new kind of task, so I'm not sure if we have datapoints about it.

I know that in some hotel program which required booking a certain way before, bookings which where modified a different way didn't count, because the system kept track only of the last way the reservation way "touched". In fact, in at least one hotel program, the hotel upgrading you and modifying the reservation because of it could "destroy" the information about where you booked. (This may or may not have been IHG, with an "online booking" task in that earlier case, where this happened, I can't remember.)

So until/unless someone reports that this is no problem, I suggest that you not assume that it will work (just be happy if it does).
Old May 15, 2018, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
thanks
If you amend it yourself online I think you will run the risk of it not tracking properly.

My advice is to email IHG and explain that there was no option to add the second name when booking on the app and ask if they could add the name to the reservation.

As a matter of course with these tasks I normally use the screen recorder on my iPhone or iPad when making the reservation and store the the recording until the reservation has posted to the dashboard that way I have back up if they come back and say that I did not book using the app. If your device allows screen recording I'd recommend doing this and also keeping any emails asking for names to be added just incase.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I think this is a fairly new kind of task, so I'm not sure if we have datapoints about it.
Booking with the app has been a regular task for a lot of us now for the about the last three years worth of promotions like this.
Old May 16, 2018, 1:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
My latest lot of points posted this morning from a stay on Sunday night.

Just 1 HIX and 4 nights left to complete everything and that's pretty easy to do.

Had no issues with the "book through the app" task and the 200 bonus points (took these rather than a drink) that I got for my last stay were in my account pretty quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.