Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHGs discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Do we have to book the stays via the Into the Night promo page? Or can we book them simply from logging into IHG's home page without logging into the promo page first?
bump
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:51 am

Hey guys, does the stay have to be in USA? Can it be Worldwide?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: KLM, UA, Emirates, Marriotts
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Oh, they responded to you?

I'm still sitting here with "you've completed 0 of 1 offers" and no response to my message from 4 days ago.

Bully for you.
Patience is a virtue I don't really seem to have - I ask for an update every 1-2 days and always receive a (very non-informative) reply within a couplet of hours.

They really try to send me a different response each time, i Can tell by the different fonts for the different paragraphs
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FAllWay
Of course
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
bump
Yes, book them from IHG.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by FAllWay
Unless the requirement specifies otherwise, anywhere is fine.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:56 am
Suspended

Here's a question I've not seen asked yet - Is there any way to tell when viewing a reservation (on IHG website) whether or not it has been booked via the app?

Also - I have to do 2 Holiday Inns. Can it be at the same location? Or must it be 2 separate?

Thanks for any info.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
Here's a question I've not seen asked yet - Is there any way to tell when viewing a reservation (on IHG website) whether or not it has been booked via the app?

Also - I have to do 2 Holiday Inns. Can it be at the same location? Or must it be 2 separate?

Thanks for any info.
Well, given that the context of the requirement is something to the effect that we have changed/improved, etc. -- I don't have the exact language -- it would appear that they want you to re-experience Holiday Inn hotels. From that, one would conclude that the requirement is 2 separate HI hotels.

The problem is that I have been reading a number of reviews of potential HI properties and they all seem to pale in comparison to their nearby HIX counterparts.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney

There has been quite a bit of doubt whether App bookings can be tracked at all, but just few days ago I was given a pre-filled check-in paper to sign, and I could see something like "IHG App booking" (cannot recall the exact wording, but at least it contained those words) on the reservation field.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Previous Big Win inquiries have resulted in IHG reps insisting they can differentiate app bookings, so I suspect there's some sort of specific coding (or res tagging) going on.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:29 pm
Suspended

I will try and take note when I check in today, and look at their paperwork.

What I did just now - chat with IHG. They can see on their end that the reservation was made via the app. So I had them confirm, and then I emailed myself a copy of the chat log (just in case)...
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA, UA
My offers:
1) "Stay twice and get a free night or 25,000 points or 10,000 miles (1,250 AIR MILES or 160 Airpoints). Must book direct. "
2) "Stay twice again and get a 2nd free night or 25000 bonus points or 10,000 miles. Must book direct. "

What qualifies as a "stay"? Would group/conference rates qualify for this?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Group rate? Probably not. From the terms:

Points are not issued for Stays at the following reduced room rates (Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stay): net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, most rates booked through most third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:39 pm

Finally got my offers to show on the website. Sadly they match the ones that were emailed to me last week. I've only stayed at IHG for 9 nights this year, completed the previous 2 Big Wins and my account was only created last year to take part in the first Big Win.

Anyway, here's what I got:

Complete 4 of 4 offers and earn 27,100 bonus points or 2 free nights
10,000 Stay 9 night(s) at any of IHGs 4,700 hotels worldwide
100 Take our survey. We want to hear what you think.
7,200 Stay 5 Saturdays at any of our IHG hotel brands
5,600 Book 3 stays via the IHG App

The 5 Saturday nights is kind of rough for me. Weekend night would have been a bit better. Total points available to me for 9 nights is a little underwhelming.

Will see if I end up completing this or not but I do have some potential travel for work happening this fall. May have to do a mattress run to complete the Saturday requirement though.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Exclamation MY Promotion Seems To Have Changed!!!!

OK guys and gals, this is perhaps going to throw a monkey wrench into your plans.

I have been monitoring this thread concerning among other things, the offers people have gotten and I just want to advise you that my offer appear to have changed!!!!

I have been inputting my IHG number and PIN every so often into the sign up page as my wife and I each have an account, and I know from past experience with respect to other chains where we have dual accounts, that sometimes when I sign out of mine and sign into hers, the prior account's activity page seems to persist for awhile.

So, I have been casually signing in and out of the sign up to see that my offer actually persists and was not a "bleed through" of my wife's or vice-versa.

Now, when this went live, I had an offer that was different from the one I later saw and which I received an e-mail confirmation from in real time -- i.e. the first time I signed up I did not get an e-mail confirm. Later when they seemed to have fixed that problem my offer changed.

Now, when others are reporting that they are finally able to see their respective offer, I signed in again and lo and behold, my offer changed yet again -- I think back to the original one that I saw but did not get an e-mail confirmation from initially.

In any event, I encourage you to sign in again to see if what you believe is your offer actually persists.

I think that I am going to write to IHG and ask them point blank what my offer's parameters actually are. You may wish to do the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.