Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion on Intercontinental Hotels in Doha

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2018, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Can anyone shed light on the food and beverage situation during Ramadan? My next visit will be during Ramadan. Curious if any food is served during daylight hours, whether alcohol is available at all (I’m guessing it’s not).
Cannot say anything about Ramadan in Doha. But other ICs in that area serve food and drinks during the day - just less visible. The IC Dubai for example is using the back area of the Club for food/drink (incl. Alcohol). Also some restaurants are open. I would assume Doha does it the same way.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Etihad Silver
There won't be any alcohol served at all, anywhere in Doha, but you will be able to eat in your room, plus they will have one or two of their restaurants screened off to allow non-Muslims to eat.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by SinkOrSwim
There won't be any alcohol served at all, anywhere in Doha, but you will be able to eat in your room, plus they will have one or two of their restaurants screened off to allow non-Muslims to eat.
And note you will not find alcohol in your mini-bar, at any time: even in the months outside Ramadan.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
wow the new(er) wing of the Intercontinental West Bay really looks fabulous

awesome space in the Club Lounge with rather elegant furnishings, great views of sea / skyline and large terrace

dare I say, this is one of the best IC Club Lounge designs of any, I was really impressed

I have not visited IC Doha since 2016 or so (with the Dubai mess) and never liked the old wing much, the club lounge reminded me of the old IC Miami lounge, it was like a retirement home entertainment room

the Club rooms are similar shape (but probably triple the size) than the HK Grand Stanford harbour view rooms and better appointed

Last edited by #1son; Jul 16, 2018 at 12:13 pm
Old Jul 16, 2018, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by #1son
..wow the new(er) wing of the Intercontinental West Bay really looks fabulous

to prevent alarm, I think the reference is to the Intercontinental Doha, rather than the Intercontinental the City (in West Bay).

The City continues to host fortunate guests in its splendid lounge, nothing new. But the beach hotel really does have a fabulous new facility.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
to prevent alarm, I think the reference is to the Intercontinental Doha, rather than the Intercontinental the City (in West Bay).

The City continues to host fortunate guests in its splendid lounge, nothing new. But the beach hotel really does have a fabulous new facility.

I've just booked 5 nights here in October on points but paying for club lounge access.

Any one got any recent photos?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:20 pm

I never liked IC the City in Doha much after several stays

the IC Doha has been here a long time, have stayed here dozens of times and I think it is by far the better overall location (and I always thought the hotel was facing the West Bay and........ ;-)

Last edited by #1son; Jul 16, 2018 at 11:06 pm
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by #1son
I never liked IC the City in Doha much after several stays

the IC Doha has been here a long time, have stayed here dozens of times and I think it is by far the better overall location (and I always thought the hotel was facing the West Bay and........ ;-)
I guess the venerable Intercontinental kept its name as one of the Grandes Dames of Doha hotels, with the usurper getting "the CITY" added to the brand name.

They're very different properties, one a beach resort, the other a pretty slick city hotel. Not much chance they'll attract the same fan base. As for location, it's a question of convenience and an element of city buzz versus relaxation with a touch of Qatar-style hedonism.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by craigmmorq4
I've just booked 5 nights here in October on points but paying for club lounge access.

Any one got any recent photos?
shen you book with points, how do you then pay for lounge access?

also, what is the cost per night?
thx in advance.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:30 am

Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:32 am

thankfully it is smoke-free environment

I find it plain nasty that the hotel allows smoking in other venues > but this is typical in the Mideast (makes the adjacent areas smell like a sewer)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.