Tel +81 6-6374-5700

Link to Hotel
http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/...ha/hoteldetail
www.icosaka.com/en/

Upgrade policy
according to this post by Raynyan, the hotel upgrades as following:

Rewards Club Members
Club Member/Gold: No upgrade
Platinum/Spire: One level upgrade depends on availability (Basically same to non-RA Ambassadors)

Ambassadors
#At least guaranteed as below, Club is not given for Non-Club category booking
Superior to Deluxe
Deluxe to Deluxe View
Deluxe View to Suite
Suite to Corner Suite
Corner Suite to same room with Suite rate

Club Room (Club Deluxe) to Club Deluxe View
Club Deluxe View to Club Suite
Club Suite to Club Corner Suite
Club Corner Suite to Executive Suite (or same room + 10000pts, Depends on availability)
Executive Suite to Deluxe Suite (or same room + 10000pts, Depends on availability)
Deluxe Suite to same room with Executive Suite rate

One Bedroom Superior Residence to One Bedroom Deluxe Residence
One Bedroom Deluxe Residence to Same Room + 10000pts
Two Bedroom Superior Residence to Two Bedroom Deluxe Residence
Two Bedroom Deluxe Residence to Two Bedroom Premium Residence (or same room + 10000pts, Depends on availability)
Two Bed Room Premium Residence to same room with Two Bed Room Deluxe Residence rate

Royal Ambassador
Superior to Club Deluxe View
Deluxe to Club Suite
Deluxe View to Club Corner Suite

RA should not book Suite and Club Room
Both Deluxe Suite and Executive Suite are exception of two level upgrade.

Corner Suite to Executive Suite (or same room +10000pts, Depends on availability)
Executive Suite to Deluxe Suite (or same room + 10000pts, Depends on availability)

RA will be given Club access for all of Residence Room with one level upgrade.
No across the Bedroom category. (No upgrade from One Bedroom to Two Bedroom)
No upgrade to Three Bedroom Residence.
Print Wikipost

IC Osaka (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Thanks.

Originally Posted by demue
It is the Airport Limousine Bus. Google is your friend. http://www.okkbus.co.jp/en/timetable/itm/t_osa.html
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rdchen
Out of the two airports (ITM & KIX), which one has the easier transportation option from the airport to the hotel? Thanks.
KIX has direct train service to the JR station next to the Mall next to IC Osaka.

It is quicker and cheaper than the airport bus.

ITM has only the airport bus.

We arrived at ITM and left at KIX last year and preferred KIX train connection as it is not subject to traffic. That said, if there is no traffic you arrive JR station from ITM in about 30 min.

HOWEVER - here is the rub - the bus "station" where it drops off passenger (near Hilton), is a looong walk to navigate a few street crossing to reach JR station versus with the train, you dont even walk outside - therefore not at risk of any elements if weather is not ideal (hot, cold, rain).

Personally I value the all INDOOR connection between JR station and the hotel, plus the fixed schedule of the train, more than the proximity of ITM to Osaka proper because the time difference is no more than an extra 30 min but the walk between hotel and JR station is just so much nicer and easier.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:02 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Happy
HOWEVER - here is the rub - the bus "station" where it drops off passenger (near Hilton), is a looong walk to navigate a few street crossing to reach JR station versus with the train, you dont even walk outside - therefore not at risk of any elements if weather is not ideal (hot, cold, rain).
Haha, oh well, the definition of "looong" is subjective I guess. In reality walking outside and not going back through the JR station is approx. 500-600m (sorry I use meters but call it 0.3-0.4mls).

Agreed on the weather part of course as one would not be keen to walk outside in pouring rain or so. Then it becomes a bit farther from the bus drop versus the train. Unless you are arriving / leaving during rush hour the bus is quite timely, but again I have to agree that the train eliminates the traffic jam worry when heading in / out of KIX.

IIRC, from ITM you can also go via public transport in about 30 mins taking the Monorail first (one stop) to Hotarugaike Station and then switching over to Hankyu Takarazuka Line to Umeda Station. It is definitely the cheapest way from ITM though not quite as convenient as the bus and only recommended if you got no or little luggage and are okay to navigate public transport.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 3:25 am

DO NOT TRUST intercontinental official website 'best guarantee rate'

I WASTED so much time with the online staff. In short, I'm planning my trip to Osaka with my friends and one of them will have his wife and daughter traveling with him too...

So I was requesting a room which allows the third person (a four years old girl). The online staff said none of the room with king bed at this hotel allows third person... even a 'one bedroom premium suite' or 'one bedroom residence'. The hotel allows extra bed in some of the room type but not the third person DUE TO THE FIRE CODE RULES which does not make much sense to me...

So I called InterCon Osaka directly (not the IHG reservation free line) to ask. The staff solved my problem in a minute. She said the hotel allows third person in any room... so now i'm ready to book my room.

I booked a '2 Bedroom Superior Residence' at hotel official website IHG.com for 2 nights at total rate of 137,700JPY, non-refundable, without breakfast. the hotel website offer 'BEST RARE GUARANTEE'

I also paid extra 200USD to upgrade member status to Ambassador.

Then, 20 minute later, my friend called and ask if I already book with IHG because she just find a lower rate of 130,000JPY at booking.com, same number of guests, length of stay, same date, same conditions of non-refundable, Not only 7,700JPY cheaper but also with breakfast included.

Then I go to hotel website to fill the claim of the best guarantee rate. I also send the link of that lower rate booking page. A few hours later, they replied that the room is no longer available to compare the rate in both website.

I replied with the screen cap of the lower rate. Now they said screen cap not acceptable because they cannot make sure whether it is modified or not.

I understand their reasons. Without this conditions, there might be some tricky people trying to cheat the hotel... Anyway, I paid 137,700yen to book one the most expensive room in osaka... Just 7,700yen different is really not a big deal... But this is TRUE STORY... I want to share to everyone NOT TO TRUST IHG best guarantee program or any of their promise... It is just a MARKETING TRICK... There is NO SINCERITY...

Evidences upon requested.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Kongpetch
I WASTED so much time with the online staff. In short, I'm planning my trip to Osaka with my friends and one of them will have his wife and daughter traveling with him too...

So I was requesting a room which allows the third person (a four years old girl). The online staff said none of the room with king bed at this hotel allows third person... even a 'one bedroom premium suite' or 'one bedroom residence'. The hotel allows extra bed in some of the room type but not the third person DUE TO THE FIRE CODE RULES which does not make much sense to me...

So I called InterCon Osaka directly (not the IHG reservation free line) to ask. The staff solved my problem in a minute. She said the hotel allows third person in any room... so now i'm ready to book my room.

I booked a '2 Bedroom Superior Residence' at hotel official website IHG.com for 2 nights at total rate of 137,700JPY, non-refundable, without breakfast. the hotel website offer 'BEST RARE GUARANTEE'

I also paid extra 200USD to upgrade member status to Ambassador.

Then, 20 minute later, my friend called and ask if I already book with IHG because she just find a lower rate of 130,000JPY at booking.com, same number of guests, length of stay, same date, same conditions of non-refundable, Not only 7,700JPY cheaper but also with breakfast included.

Then I go to hotel website to fill the claim of the best guarantee rate. I also send the link of that lower rate booking page. A few hours later, they replied that the room is no longer available to compare the rate in both website.

I replied with the screen cap of the lower rate. Now they said screen cap not acceptable because they cannot make sure whether it is modified or not.

I understand their reasons. Without this conditions, there might be some tricky people trying to cheat the hotel... Anyway, I paid 137,700yen to book one the most expensive room in osaka... Just 7,700yen different is really not a big deal... But this is TRUE STORY... I want to share to everyone NOT TO TRUST IHG best guarantee program or any of their promise... It is just a MARKETING TRICK... There is NO SINCERITY...

Evidences upon requested.
Unfortunately IHG BRGs are very tricky if you're not experienced in them. Sorry for your bad experience !
Old Feb 15, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by Kongpetch
Why are you blaming the hotel for FOLLOWING the IHG BRG rules??? If you read the extensive BRG thread on FT, you will see that the rate and room category have to be IDENTICAL in order to get the BRG to apply. You booked a nonrefundable rate with no breakfast. You found a lower nonrefundable rate that includes breakfast. That is not an identical rate category - one includes breakfast and one does not. While the benefit would be in the hotel's favor in this instance, it could very well be the opposite in a different situation and they won't want to open a can of worms by judging which rates include tangential benefits that should or should not be considered.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 12:07 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Unfortunately IHG BRGs are very tricky if you're not experienced in them. Sorry for your bad experience !
IHG BRGs are not "tricky". I feel they are past the line of just borderline cheating and have entered the region of complete dishonesty.

HTB.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 4:55 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Upgrade policy change (since March. 2016)

IC Osaka slightly changed the upgrade policy. Big change point is upgrade will be within same category. (Standard, Club, and Residence) Upgrade will not across the categories. If you want Residence Room, you must book at least One Bed Room Superior Residence.

Note:This is just a principle.

[Rewards Club Members]
Club Member/Gold: No upgrade
Platinum/Spire: One level upgrade depends on availability (Basically same to non-RA Ambassadors)

[Non-RA Ambassadors]
#At least guaranteed as below, Club is not given for Non-Club category booking
Superior to Deluxe
Deluxe to Deluxe View
Deluxe View to Suite
Suite to Corner Suite
Corner Suite to same room with Suite rate

Club Corner Suite to Executive Suite
Executive Suite to Deluxe Suite

One Bed Room Superior Residence to One Bed Room Deluxe Residence (NEW)
One Bed Room Deluxe Residence to Two Bed Room Superior Residence (NEW)
Two Bed Room Superior Residence to Two Bed Room Deluxe Residence
Two Bed Room Deluxe Residence to Two Bed Room Premium Residence
Two Bed Room Premium Residence to same room with Two Bed Room Deluxe Residence rate (NEW)

[RA]
Superior to Club Superior or Club Deluxe (Depends on Availability which room you will receive)
Deluxe to Club Deluxe or Club Deluxe View (Depends on Availability which room you will receive)
Deluxe View to Club Deluxe View
Suite to Club Suite
Corner Suite to Club Corner Suite
Club Corner Suite to Executive Suite
Executive Suite to Deluxe Suite

RA will be given Club access for all of Residence Room with one level upgrade.
No upgrade to Three Bed Room Residence.

Hope this information will help you.

Last edited by Raynyan; Mar 6, 2016 at 2:57 pm
Old Mar 6, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks, that's very helpful info.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Complimentary taxi to/from airport bus station

Stayed at the IC Osaka for 2 nights last week. Currently the hotel is offering complimentary taxi to and from the New Hankyu hotel airport bus station. All you need to do is call the concierge or guest services from the airport to inform them your shuttle bus schedule and they will send someone to meet you at the New Hankyu bus station.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by htb
Quote:

IHG BRGs are not "tricky". I feel they are past the line of just borderline cheating and have entered the region of complete dishonesty.

HTB.
I've stayed at IC Times Square, IC Barclays, IC San Fran, IC Mark Hopkins, IC Rome... All BRGs. You just have to have a little bit of skill with them. No qualms here
Old Mar 27, 2016, 10:11 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
I've stayed at IC Times Square, IC Barclays, IC San Fran, IC Mark Hopkins, IC Rome... All BRGs. You just have to have a little bit of skill with them. No qualms here
I'm sorry, but I don't follow. Looking at the kind of denials reported in this thread, a number of positive examples will not change my assessment of BRGs being past just borderline cheating and having entered the region of complete dishonesty.

HTB.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 8:18 pm

i will be heading to osaka next month. any thoughts on the IC osaka vs crowne plaza osaka? which one is more convenient and centrally located?
Old Mar 29, 2016, 6:48 pm

On my recent award stay I was given a corner room ending in -10. Due to its position in the building, the room feels much more cramped and tight. Yes, there are more windows, but the views are not particularly inspiring and you lose the walk-in closet and the spacious feel of the standard room.

Note to self to refuse this room again if assigned in the future.

PS: The comped taxi to limousine bus station going to KIX is nice. But the walk to the bus stop, once you've figured it out, is actually not bad at all. 5 min walk outdoors - doable with a carry on. But then again, if cab is comped, why not?
Old Apr 2, 2016, 1:02 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by frankflieslots
i will be heading to osaka next month. any thoughts on the IC osaka vs crowne plaza osaka? which one is more convenient and centrally located?
I don't know where the crowne plaza is, but I LOVED the location of the intercontinental. It is attached to several major shopping complexes and access to the train station through those malls.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.