Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC: SAMUI BAAN TALING NGAM RESORT -Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2012, 5:08 am

Programs: LH M&M SEN, bmi DC Gold, CO Gold Elite, bahn.comfort nothing
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Can't wait to see the report - the hard product at this place looks seemingly incredible.

30k p/n is a good value here in my book, especially with the rates hovering around 300$. I'm a little bit frustrated, not just with the phantom room assignment, but also with their unwillingness to confirm my room for the week. I'm sure if I just show up there they will let me stay in the suite, but it is an awfully long trip down there without a confirmation. Then, if I get there and it's filled up, I will have an issue, although the standard rooms look fine.

Does anyone have a contact email for the manager or someone higher up than the reservations desk so that I can gently voice my concern?
I can PM you the GMs Emailadress, although he might not answer that fast.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 1:44 pm

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by piiit
I can PM you the GMs Emailadress, although he might not answer that fast.
Yes, please do. I've got until June to wait for a response
Old Apr 16, 2012, 5:37 am
Suspended

How much is the food ?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 5:43 am

http://samui.intercontinental.com/up...%20Menu_22.pdf

http://samui.intercontinental.com/up...%20Menu_23.pdf

http://samui.intercontinental.com/up...%20Menu_45.pdf

http://samui.intercontinental.com/up...%20Menu_44.pdf

http://samui.intercontinental.com/up...%20Menu_66.pdf
Old Apr 16, 2012, 9:24 am
Suspended

Tax includet?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by ToGo
Tax includet?
Prices quoted do not include VAT or Service Charge.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:00 am
Suspended

oke how much is the tax and the other crap?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:47 am

Somewhere around 15%. 5 tax 10 service is typical
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:18 am
Suspended

just 15%?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by ToGo
just 15%?
hey emo; you can find it as well on the webpage. its 10% service charge and 7% VAT. I've stayed there last week, so if you have any questions feel free to PM me or address them here and I can give you further info. The hotel is really stunning. The only bad thing at this hotel is, that you have to leave again and can't stay forever
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:28 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
But prices are on the rather extreme side for Thailand. A phad thai for basically 500 THB would floor even my richest Thai friends I do understand that it is a resort and that it is remote and all that, but this is quite hefty.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by demue
But prices are on the rather extreme side for Thailand. A phad thai for basically 500 THB would floor even my richest Thai friends I do understand that it is a resort and that it is remote and all that, but this is quite hefty.
I think you can compare the prices only with prices at similar resorts. When I then have a look to the accomodation costs of the W resort, then I'm even shocked knowing prices in Switzerland.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 4:11 am

Programs: lh sen
Food and beverages are overpriced at the IC Samui. Most of our inmates will stick with the free mini bar.

Unfortunately we hang out at the open air bar for sun set.
Do they have still the dj from Solo Bar in Chaweng?
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: AA CK/MM, Centurion
Seems like RA doesn't go very far here...but I'm trying to get a pool villa upgrade. I've booked in an ocean view suite now, but my email about upgrades has gone unanswered. Does anyone have tangible experience getting a villa upgrade from a specific room level? Or is it going to take haggling on my part?
Old Apr 25, 2012, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by blakepilot
Seems like RA doesn't go very far here...but I'm trying to get a pool villa upgrade. I've booked in an ocean view suite now, but my email about upgrades has gone unanswered. Does anyone have tangible experience getting a villa upgrade from a specific room level? Or is it going to take haggling on my part?
had a mix of three different bookings, when we stayed there for 6 nights.

first two nights on BOGO reserved a King Premier and received the one bedroom villa with pool
followed by three nights on points - received standard category... they don't upgrade; however soft drinks from the minibar and beers as well as breakfast are still included
last night King Premier received a Panoramic Suite in one of the villas close to the spa.

so you cannot predict what you get... I've tried also to contact them in advance, but the answers were rather useless, the same as my contact to ambassador service about the answer not to guarantee any upgrade.... sorted it out with the Club lounge in BKK. Ambassador service came only back with a response 4 days after we've checked in.

All in all, its a real great destination and we've enjoyed both the hard as well as the soft product over there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.