Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Shareholder Discount

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2011, 5:43 am
Original Poster

IHG Shareholder Discount

After seeing a mention somewhere, I contacted IHG to enquire about the discount.

I received this response from the EMEA Company Secretariat
Dear Mr

Thank you for your email.

Our Shareholder Hotel Discount Promotion is available to all IHG Registered shareholders, regardless of the number of shares they hold. Since it is only available to Registered shareholders, holders via nominee or brokers will not qualify.

If you have further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards
They failed to answer my question, which was how much discount.

I've contacted my broker, who can't find any mention of a discount but suggested I contact Equiniti.

Does anyone know the rate code so I can do a little research before deciding whether IHG would be a "good" investment?
Old Apr 30, 2011, 1:14 pm

Do you have to buy their London shares (1300) or can you get away with their New York shares (20).
Old Apr 30, 2011, 5:22 pm

Programs: Priority CLub Platinum
Ł20.12?

When the Ł20.12 offer was on, I was asked at check out whether my cheap rate was because I was a share holder - this was at CP Kensington.
Don't know how close the shareholder rate is in reality though.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shimon
Do you have to buy their London shares (1300) or can you get away with their New York shares (20).
The price is roughly the same on both. London shares are priced in GBX, so 1300 GBX = Ł13.00. $20 is about Ł13.

I'm tempted to buy a single share certificate in IHG plc so I can get my name on the share register to sample the discounts (about Ł25 to deal in a certificate). Only problem is I don't use IHG as much as I used to, so it probably won't be worth it.
Old May 1, 2011, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by BruceyBonus
Only problem is I don't use IHG as much as I used to, so it probably won't be worth it.
Something we can only work out if we know the shareholder discount!
Old May 1, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
They are very particular about which shares qualify. In addition they are very quiet about what the actual shareholder discount and benefits are. Would greatly appreciate hearing from a FT member about the benefits.
Old May 2, 2011, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by point bonita lighthouse
They are very particular about which shares qualify. In addition they are very quiet about what the actual shareholder discount and benefits are. Would greatly appreciate hearing from a FT member about the benefits.
Over to Shareholder ....
Old May 4, 2011, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
They failed to answer my question ...
I rather think they did, which was that only shareholders qualified for the shareholder discount.

FWIW, the discount is confidential but no greater than other limited qualification non-refundable non-cancellable advance purchase promotions. Of course, the purchase of a single share would eventually produce the answer.
Old May 4, 2011, 6:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
Actually purchasing a share does not provide the answer. I purchased an ADR and that was not sufficient. Then I purchased the actual underlying stock and that was not sufficient (the argument being I had to take physical possession of stock certificate which apparently I am unable to do in the US). So I am a legitimate shareholder --but with no answer. Would greatly appreciate a PM from a member of the secret society on what I am missing.
Old May 4, 2011, 6:58 am
Original Poster

the argument being I had to take physical possession of stock certificate which apparently I am unable to do in the US
That is similar to the dilemma I'm facing. My broker/nominee can register a share for Ł1.50 plus cost but it will be held in their name. For me to be on the register will cost at least Ł25 plus the price of a share. I don't really want to waste Ł38 if the discount isn't worthwhile.

Originally Posted by Roger
I rather think they did, which was that only shareholders qualified for the shareholder discount.
I don't think you are in a position to say this without seeing my original email to IHG, which asked several questions. Only one of these was answered, the others all ignored.
Old May 4, 2011, 7:09 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Originally Posted by Roger

FWIW, the discount is confidential but no greater than other limited qualification non-refundable non-cancellable advance purchase promotions. Of course, the purchase of a single share would eventually produce the answer.
So its 10 - 20%?
Old May 4, 2011, 2:54 pm

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmboŽ/Oyster/B&Q
Actually purchasing a share does not provide the answer. I purchased an ADR and that was not sufficient. Then I purchased the actual underlying stock and that was not sufficient (the argument being I had to take physical possession of stock certificate which apparently I am unable to do in the US). So I am a legitimate shareholder --but with no answer. Would greatly appreciate a PM from a member of the secret society on what I am missing.
From my experience there normally is a minimum shareholding threshold to qualify for a shareholders discount.

[email protected] ....is the address to enquire
Old May 5, 2011, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
They failed to answer my question, which was how much discount.
Sounds like one question.
I don't think you are in a position to say this without seeing my original email to IHG, which asked several questions.
Ah, several questions. I was merely trying to help by responding to your first post which apparently referred to a single question.
Old May 5, 2011, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG P, Hyatt G
interesting to know
Old May 5, 2011, 8:07 pm
Suspended

As a shareholder in the Company, am I entitled to discounts at Group hotels?

IHG is operating a shareholder Hotel Discount Promotion available to Registered Shareholders through a dedicated controlled access website. For further details please contact [email protected].

We also have a points rewards scheme which is open to all guests at hotels within our Group. For further details, please see the Priority Club Rewards section of the website.
http://www.ihgplc.com/index.asp?pageid=234&faq=general

Shareholder Hotel Discount Promotion

IHG is currently operating a promotion for discounted hotel stays
(subject to availability) for registered shareholders, through a
dedicated, controlled access website. For further details please
contact the Company Secretariat at the registered office on
01895 512 000 or email [email protected]
http://www.annualreports.com/HostedD...ve/ihg2009.pdf
Page 114

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; May 5, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.