Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Hotel bonus points packages with corporate rates

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2010, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF SG, EK, EY Silver, SQ Gold, SPG, PC Plat RA, A¦Club Platinum, Hertz 5*
Using Hotel bonus points packages with corporate rates

I've done a search and can't find that this question has been already asked and answered, (unless one of our esteemed mods can point me in the right direction, to prove I'm blind, stupid or both ).

I'm a relative newcomer to PC, only joining last year after swapping my allegiance from a|club, and have been happy so far. However, I have just one little question:
I spent 3 weeks in China in March, and attempted to maximise my points earn by jumping between different hotels. I very carefully chose each hotel and length of stay based on the "Individual Hotel bonus packages" here.

Now my gripe is that when I reserved each of these 14 or so stays, I was given a choice of two rates having clicked through from the "Individual Hotel bonus packages" page, one being called something like "Priority Club® Rewards – 2,000 Bonus Points for a 2 Night Stay" and the other being my corporate rate. But it quite clearly stated on the right hand side in the "rate preference" drop down box "Priority Club® Rewards – 2,000 Bonus Points for a 2 Night Stay".

So I assumed that this bonus point package would apply equally to both rates shown on screen, and as my corporate rate was some 20-50% cheaper than the specfically named bonus rate, I selected it, booked, stayed and paid.

However, not one of these bonus packages have posted, a total of about 30k points. So is this just a mean marketing trick by IHG? Or is it worth pursuing with them? Or should I just go and sit in the corner and be told to not be so stupid?

Your thoughts and experiences please.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 7:04 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Corporate rates show up by default no matter what promotional rate code you select. Doesn't mean you'll get the bonuses. Terms are available when you click on each room rate. Tough lesson.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You have no legitimate gripe. Presumably you booked your corporate rate because it was cheaper than the package rate.

You saved, as you write, 20-50%. As a result, you don't get the bonus point package. You got the better deal, methinks, with the cash savings.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 6:19 pm

Corporate rates usually do not include the bonus point packages. The bonus point rates are fixed per hotel, so if your corporate rate is cheaper, it most definitely does not include the bonus points.

I am not sure what or how you saw it online when you were booking, but I would go back and check your email confirmation of those hotels and see if the bonus points are mentioned in the booking rate (which it should if valid).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.