Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

CP London (City/Blackfriars) Master Thread (becomes Hyatt Regency on March 01, 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Crowne Plaza London City

19 New Bridge St,
London, EC4V 6DB, United Kingdom
Mail: loncy.info [@] ihg.com
Tel: +44 871 9429190
Fax: +44 207 4388080

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hote...cy/hoteldetail

Link to location:
Google Maps

Next tube / subway station:
Blackfriars Station served by Circle Line and District Line

Older post of this hotel:
Archive Thread
Print Wikipost

CP London (City/Blackfriars) Master Thread (becomes Hyatt Regency on March 01, 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Saral
[email protected] will get you reception
Thank you so much! I received the email just next day from the GM welcoming me and told me she will be more than happy to meet my needs. Also she forwarded my email to the concierge for further recommendations and a special anniversary request. So far i am very happy with their service. Looking forward to our trip!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles

There is a phone number on the website if it is that important to you. I think that asking the same question over multiple threads is irritating for those of us who read them and unlikely to result in anyone assisting you.
I sincerely Apologize!
Old Aug 13, 2020, 4:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
With the current “Limited Time” 2 night stay offer had a great stay as a Spire Ambassador last weekend @ £57 per night. Executive room upgrade including a la carte breakfast at the City Lounge on the ground floor as Club Lounge currently closed. Staff here are very attentive and welcoming, especially the City Lounge staff.
oxfordjames and Keefy-boy like this.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Grafton001
With the current “Limited Time” 2 night stay offer had a great stay as a Spire Ambassador last weekend @ £57 per night. Executive room upgrade including a la carte breakfast at the City Lounge on the ground floor as Club Lounge currently closed. Staff here are very attentive and welcoming, especially the City Lounge staff.
One of the best deals out there at the moment, stayed the recently on the same offer, slightly more expensive at £62 a night 😂

In edition to the great al carte breakfast also received unlimited drinks and a tapas platter to enjoy in the evening at City Lounge due to the club longe remaining closed.

This has always been one of the best hotels in IHG for recognising status benefits for myself.
Grafton001 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 2:49 pm

Programs: Some
It's such good value that I actually stayed here despite living in London through several nights of the recent heatwave so I could sleep and 'work from home' with ( very effective!) air conditioning
Markie, oxfordjames and Grafton001 like this.
Old May 13, 2021, 4:39 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
This hotel is now down to not reopen until 1 September according to the website
Old May 14, 2021, 1:31 am

This hotel is now down to not reopen until 1 September according to the website
Not surprised, I work around the corner and it's totally dead in this area - even a COOP supermarket has closed!
pazza2000 likes this.
Old May 14, 2021, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by residentx
Not surprised, I work around the corner and it's totally dead in this area - even a COOP supermarket has closed!
Surprised at that! Is the whole general ‘City’ area pretty dead or are there pockets like Shoreditch, London Bridge, Liverpool St even that are now seeing more life?
Old May 14, 2021, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Surprised at that! Is the whole general ‘City’ area pretty dead or are there pockets like Shoreditch, London Bridge, Liverpool St even that are now seeing more life?
People are back at work but those people are not staying in the CP, they are commuting in. The CP requires international travellers.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old May 14, 2021, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Which website? Both their landing page on IHG and on cplondonthecity.co.uk state they will reopen on the 17th May?
Old May 14, 2021, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
People are back at work but those people are not staying in the CP, they are commuting in. The CP requires international travellers.
I look out onto empty windows of empty offices. Thousands of desks free in the Fleet Street/St Paul's area still.
Old May 14, 2021, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by ibbitsc
Which website? Both their landing page on IHG and on cplondonthecity.co.uk state they will reopen on the 17th May?
Definitely staying closed until 1st September, decision was taken yesterday by the owners.

Had a stay booked for next week, moved to the Kimpton by the hotel on the same rate & terms.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old May 15, 2021, 4:05 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ibbitsc
Sorry, it was the IHG website i had looked at, it's on there.
There message was not updated until a couple of days ago but you weren't able to book to stay before 1 September for a few days before that
Old May 15, 2021, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by oxfordjames
Definitely staying closed until 1st September, decision was taken yesterday by the owners.

Had a stay booked for next week, moved to the Kimpton by the hotel on the same rate & terms.
An upgrade of sorts!
oxfordjames likes this.
Old May 15, 2021, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Sorry, it was the IHG website i had looked at, it's on there.
There message was not updated until a couple of days ago but you weren't able to book to stay before 1 September for a few days before that
Ah right. Back to the drawing board for me as was going to book it for the week after next for a work trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.