Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Rome De La Villa - Master Thread [merged] - no longer a IC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2009, 10:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by mti
I'm after advice from other people on whether I should have been bothered by this.

I stayed at the IC Rome late last year, after numerous previous stays.

My fiance and I stayed for two nights, using a BOGO for the second night. The rate I used was a breakfast inclusive rate. The first morning neither of us had breakfast, the second morning only my fiance did (I'm not one for eating in the morning) - all she had was a single small plate of food from the buffet and a coffee.

On checking out I noticed they had charged for the breakfast (33EUR), I did contest it and was told that the BOGO didn't include breakfast, which is fair enough. However, I did say that neither of us had eaten breakfast the day before, yet they didn't relent.

On that occasion we spent about 1400 EUR (we use the room service), and have over the last couple of years spent well over 5000EUR, surely this must count for something?

I didn't complain at the time, nor am I considering complaining now, I just want to know if I'm being unreasonable. I don't feel like ever going back to that hotel because of it - it's a matter of principle to me, if it had been 1p I'd feel the same way.
You should have been more firm upon check-out and asked to speak to the General Manager if you felt that strongly about it. However, the BOGO clearly states that you will not get the benefits on the second night.

The hotel recetnly sent me an email indicating that on my reward stay, I wiould not recieve free minibar. seems like this hotel is very strict.

Last edited by SethLevy; Mar 6, 2009 at 1:19 pm
Old Mar 3, 2009, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SethLevy
I recommend you edit your post. It's very confusing, as you typed your resonse in the middle of your quote of the previous poster, and thus it's showing as if the previous poster wrote it. Basically, it's hard to tell which part you wrote without comparing to the previous post line-by-line!
Old Mar 3, 2009, 7:09 pm

Programs: BD*G -> BA Gold + A3*G (now dropped to BA Silver)
Originally Posted by mti
My fiance and I stayed for two nights, using a BOGO for the second night. The rate I used was a breakfast inclusive rate. The first morning neither of us had breakfast, the second morning only my fiance did (I'm not one for eating in the morning) - all she had was a single small plate of food from the buffet and a coffee.
Unlucky, or a change in policy.

I stayed there a couple of times last year, the last time I used a BOGO - the rate I was using was an advance purchase rate which also included breakfast. Because I didn't want them deducting the two nights payment from my card I actually notified them of my intention to use to BOGO in advance.

I was not charged for breakfast for either of these days.

My previous stay (w/o BOGO) was on a rate that didn't include breakfast. On this stay I had to sign a bill to confirm that I had taken breakfast and wanted to charge it to my room.

The first time at this hotel I asked the hotel to arrange transport. What was odd was that cash was the only payment option (I asked when booking) it was not possible to have it added to my bill (would have been more important had it been a CP where I'd get points on my total spend). Is this unusual?

Since then I just tend to use the taxis at the rank in FCO. There's a fixed rate that Rome taxis must charge for journeys into the city.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
IC Rome De La Villa Master Thread [merged]

Staying there in May. Any tips or advise on what to expect?

Thanks
Old Apr 14, 2009, 2:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Skymiles Platinum Medallion
Thumbs up I stayed there!

The hotel is great! Rooms are small but it is a city hotel, like most europeans cities. THe manager was very nice and helpful! Hotel is in the city, make arrrangements for transportation or take the train, train has limited hours so be cautious about! Service was excellent! I cant complain, really!
Old Apr 15, 2009, 6:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
I was there last weekend

My husband and I stayed there for two nights last Saturday and Sunday. We booked an executive room with balcony and were upgraded to a junior suite. To be honest, I had to go and ask if we were upgraded as it was a large (not too large) room with sofa and chairs. Old style tv. It was on a high floor on the courtyard--rooms on the street are noisy or so we heard from another guest who had one.
There is no lounge (no sure what an executive room means) no free internet. As an ambassador I got two bottles of water, a fruit plate and a little easter wrapped pastry. We watched a movie and then asked them to take the charge off our bill
The plus on this hotel is location--located at the top of the Spanish steps. By the way, you never have to climb the steps--use the elevator in the metro--you can use it even if not taking the metro.

We had a nice but pricy Easter brunch in the restaurant (66 euros per person).

I used a bogo to stay here. All in all, given the price (350Euros for one hight), and lack of amenities, on my next stay, I would look for another hotel with a convenient location and free breakfast and free internet.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 6:07 am

Skip breakfast

Close to Spanish Steps. The rooms are small but nicely appointed.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
The positives:
Excellent location
Splendid view (if you book a room with a view)
Nice terrasse
The service is generally warm

The negatives:
Rooms need renovation
Standard room are VERY small (I got one when waiting for my suite to be ready) and dark
The "business centre" is just one PC (and is not free)
Pricey breakfast (but very pleasant)
Old Apr 15, 2009, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
+ Staff are very grumpy and rude. well, maybe it is the culture thing. Nothing special about the hotel, the rooms and the decoration. For sure I wouldn't stay there again. There are brunch of better hotels with similar room rate or even better.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Thanks all for your input. The only reason I'm staying at the hotel is because of my free weekend night coupon and the numerous promotions points offer I registered for on IC specific hotels. I already booked a night stay at the CP at St. Peter which looks like a better hotel from the pictures.

^
Old Apr 16, 2009, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I have never stayed at CP Rome, but it seems very far from the city centre, in a town where taxis are not exactly affordable.

Accor hotels has some good alternatives in Rome
- Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese
Very nice property
Great location close to the Villa Borghese
Not exactly cheap but definitely worth the money

- Mercure Roma Delta Colosseo
Standard hotel, with a pool on the roof.
Just a few meters from the Coliseum
Quite cheap

Some other alternatives:
The Radisson Blue es. Hotel, Rome
Just a few steps from Termini Station (airport train)
Trendy place
Small and basic design rooms
Service could be better
Very nice (but chilly) outdoor pool on the roof
Not so expensive
Old Apr 16, 2009, 12:14 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
I've stayed at the CP St Peters; it is quite a distance away but that also means it is quiet, with good restaurant (albeit with expensive drinks) and pool. They've just introduced a Rome Pass Package which includes free access to bus and metro - there's a bus stop directly outside the hotel. Also, the hotel has a courtesy shuttle.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 2:45 pm

I'm tempted to cancel my CP reservation based on your comments but I think I will duke it out since I'm only staying one night. I will be out sightseeing all day so I only need a place to rest my body and prepare for the upcoming travesty my feet will endure (Day trips to Capri, Florence, Pompei, the Catacombs, Hadrian's Villa, e.t.c.)

Thanks for all your input. ^^
Old Apr 17, 2009, 2:48 pm

Programs: BD*G, Priorityclub Platinum Royal Ambassador
I've got 3 days here in May on points - looking forward to it! I was booked at the CP but cancelled due to it being a bit too far out for my liking.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 4:36 pm

Programs: F
Would you recommend asking for a courtyard-facing or a Rome-facing room? Is it a trade-off of better room+internal view versus smaller room+Rome view? (Assuming a typical upgrade for an Ambassador - I think I have booked into "Deluxe" rather than "Classic".)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.